Crockpot Meatless Spaghetti Sauce or Vegetarian Spaghetti Sauce is made with bell peppers, carrots, onions, garlic, canned tomatoes, and homemade Italian Seasoning.
With just 10-minutes of prep time you'll be able to mimic the taste of best quality vegan spaghetti sauce brands.
The fact that you are searching for Vegetarian Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce recipe tells me that you are bored of meat. Or you simply want to healthy-fy your eating habits.
Well, moving towards plant based diet or starting off with a Flexitarian diet is the way to go.
Is No Meat Spaghetti Sauce really that good?
Earlier I used to think that shifting towards plant based food would be difficult, given the fact that I love meat. ❤️🍗🥓🥩
But, it's been just 10-days that I've entered this #veganuary challenge and It's not that difficult.
Instead of a regular tuna sandwich I made The Best Vegan Tuna Salad Sandwich
If you're looking for a no-mess quick and easy spaghetti sauce recipe that's vegetarian then this is it.
All you have to do is just toss everything in a slow cooker. Cover the lid and let it cook all day long.
A healthy sauce that is not just delicious but also satisfies the pickiest of eaters!
This low fat, low carb, vegan spaghetti sauce made with chunky vegetables is sure to be in your list of easy plant based recipes for dinner.
If you still prefer Spaghetti Sauce with meat then you can use any plant based alternative for ground beef such as soy crumbles or quinoa.
Chunky Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce 🥕🍅🧅🧄🫑
This tasty chunky vegetable spaghetti sauce is perfect on pasta or sandwiches. This homemade sauce recipe is easy to make, freezes well, and is chock-full of vegetables.
Perfect alternative to spaghetti sauce made with ground beef.
These days there are endless Spaghetti Sauce Brands. And, you can easily find brands that sell Spaghetti Sauce with Meatless Meat.
Although, some of them are really good. They claim to use sweet vine-riped tomatoes. But, I personally think there is no point in spending 20 bucks for just a sauce, especially when you can make it at home with just 10-minutes of work.
Time to take a break from Canned spaghetti sauce! what do you say?
Pasta night is a chance for you to sneak in some veggies for the kids. Turn this kid-friendly pasta dish into a grown-up meal by adding sautéed veggies.
When it comes to authentic italian vegetable spaghetti sauce we all want it a bit chunky. Don't we?
Well, Spaghetti sauce can be made with varying types of veggies. After all, its a meatless version of pasta sauce therefore you can be "creative" and add in carrots or bell peppers or anything else that you like.
- Is No Meat Spaghetti Sauce really that good?
- Chunky Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce 🥕🍅🧅🧄🫑
- 🍲Ingredients for Vegetarian pasta sauce
- 🍴How to Make Authentic italian meatless spaghetti sauce
- Pizza Sauce? Spaghetti Sauce? Marinara Sauce? It's so confusing...
- "BONUS" Tips
- Need Quick Sides Dishes?
- Recipe Card
- Crockpot Meatless Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
🍲Ingredients for Vegetarian pasta sauce
Here's what you'll need to make quick spaghetti sauce recipe without meat.
- bell peppers
- garlic powder
- canned tomatoes or freshly diced tomatoes
- tomato paste
- tomato sauce
- shredded carrots
- italian seasoning
- smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- cooked noodles
See recipe card for quantities.
🍴How to Make Authentic italian meatless spaghetti sauce
Well, if you are familiar with the italian recipe - Peperonata then you'd know what's in it for you. Basically this Vegan Spaghetti Sauce is made up of peppers that create a faux meaty texture and then you have chunky carrots, and onions that adds depth of taste to the recipe.
Step By Step Directions
- STEP 1: Prepare the Veggies
First of all chop the veggies and prep them up.
- STEP 2: Add everything in the crock pot
Dump everything in the crock pot and give it a quick stir.
- STEP 3: COOK
Cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 6 hours. Serve right away with crusty bread or over rice or pasta.
Pizza Sauce? Spaghetti Sauce? Marinara Sauce? It's so confusing...
So many sauces? right! What should I use?
Well, I am here to iron your doubts.
Basically, you are confused because they are all tomato based sauce and they look almost the same.
Marinara Sauce also known as Pasta sauce is basically a tomato based sauce that is simmered with italian herbs and garlic and fresh basil.
Pizza Sauce is another tomato based sauce only difference it is uncooked and you add it on your pizza and it gets cooked eventually.
Spaghetti Sauce is just another tomato based sauce that you put on spaghetti. Basically it's like the older sister of marinara sauce. It has more depth of flavor and meat and veggies for added taste.
- Heat - You can increase or decrease the heat count depending on your taste. If you don't want it to be spicy skip red pepper flakes.
- Worcestershire Sauce - If you want that combination of sweet and sour taste then you can add some worcestershire sauce.
This No Meat Spaghetti Sauce can be stored in the fridge for 3 days. If you want to store it for a longer duration you can just transfer it to a freezer safe container and label it. Store for up to 4 months.
To use frozen sauce place it on a stove and reheat it until warm.
- If you want more meaty taste then you can add soy crumbs.
- For more Umami Flavor add a tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce.
Need Quick Sides Dishes?
Take a look at some of my personal favorite sides that pairs so well with this sauce.
- Keto Cheesy Garlic BreadSticks
- Onion Cucumber Tomato Corn Salad
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Chickpeas
Crockpot Meatless Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 3 large bell peppers cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium yellow or red onion diced
- 2 medium carrot finely grated (using a grater or food processor)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste i like to use hunts
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- black pepper few rounds
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup fresh basil optional toppings
- 1 lb cooked pasta of your choice
- Chop the veggies and place them in the crock pot.
- Add other ingredients into the crockpot and give it a light stir. Close the lid and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6 hours.
- Serve with chopped basil if desired.