A Birthday Party without a Chocolate Cake is no justice! This dreamy yet simple Chocolate Kitkat Birthday Cake with M&Ms and Chocolate Chips is oh so good!!!
August is my favorite month of the year! Of course, it's my birthday and of course, I love baking chocolate cakes! It's the perfect way to celebrate birthdays. Well, precisely this is for my friend's birthday! And I wanted to surprise her with something special. So here it is!
This Kitkat Cake is a truly no-fail recipe and the decoration is everyone's favorite!
The Cake is equally moist and soft on the inside with thick layer of the creamy layer of Milk Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting and a whipped cream frosting on top! It's incredibly simple yet so delicious...
When I gave it to my friend, she was so excited to see it. I love to see people jumping out in joy seeing their birthday cake! It's so innocent and so pure!
I wanted to bake a cake that is simple but is so cute and adorable, that comes from a place of pure happiness and excitement. Like those childhood adventure days when even you used to go out playing with your friends just the next lane and you felt like you're on an adventure. Even a roadside pebble seemed like you've discovered something so amazing!
I kind of succeeded at it. This KitKat Cake is kinda like a well with a treasure trove inside it! Any kid would be so excited to see this thing!!!
I am more than excited to share this recipe of Eggless Chocolate KitKat Cake with y'all, you guys! It's one thing that this cake is so adorable, that I would possibly miss out on this. Next, it's August which means it's my Birthday month and I cannot describe my love for Chocolate Cake at this time of the year and third - well, it's always a great time to enjoy a chocolate cake!!! And this Cake is the best Birthday Chocolate Cake ever! Have you tried my Eggless Chocolate Vanilla Cake yet?
Eggless Chocolate Cake
I wanted to make an eggless Chocolate Cake for the longest time. My family does not like Eggs in the cake. So, going around Eggs and trying Eggless desserts and recipes has been my thing now. However, whatever be the reason, this Eggless Chocolate Kitkat Cake is equally moist and spongy!
The perfect replacement for Eggs in a Chocolate Cake is Yogurt and Buttermilk. It gives the perfect sponginess to your cake and you do not need any other leavening agent. I also add both Baking Soda and Baking Powder, which makes my cake equally spongy!
This is a two-layered cake. I actually wanted to do a three-layer cake but then the Kit Kat would be too small for the decoration. So, I had to limit myself to just 2 cakes. I didn't go about cutting out one cake into 2 layers, as I actually baked two Eggless Chocolate Cakes.
These cakes are not at all doughy. It's moist, soft, and spongy! Trust me, after this, you'll want to make Eggless Chocolate Cake forever!
The best part about this Eggless Chocolate KitKat Cake is that it's really easy! While making this recipe, I realized that cutting the cake in two would actually make it difficult for first-timers. So, I actually went ahead and baked 2 cakes. I used a 6-inch cake pan. This gave a considerable height to my cake and it was just perfect for my cake!
The Milk Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
I did a super simple and super creamy Milk Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting. Milk Chocolate is so sweet in itself and it complimented my Dark Cocoa Cake perfectly. For me, the bonus was how easy the frosting is. It's not like a difficult buttercream frosting! It's just mixing Whipped cream with Dark chocolate. If you want you can beat it in the mixer but I didn't do anything. I just added a big knob of butter and this turned out to be so glossy! Anyone can do this! Evening out the frosting with an offset spatula is the most relaxing thing in the world.
The Kit Kat Decoration
The Decoration with Kit Kat hit me during the time of Easter, while I was thinking of baking some cute Easter cakes. I really do not remember where I saw it but I clearly remember seeing a similar decoration for a Bunny cake and I knew that I'm gonna give that a try! That was amazing. This is unbelievably good.
Finally, if you're making this Eggless Chocolate KitKat Cake with Chocolate Chips and M&Ms, provide this recipe a rating and share your views in the comments below. Also, tag me on Instagram with #recipemagik.
Simplest Eggless Chocolate Kitkat Birthday Cake with M&Ms and Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Cake Ingredients
- ½ Cup Salted Butter softened
- 1½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Plain Greek Yogurt thick
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Salt only if you're using unsalted butter
Milk Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
- 7 oz Milk Chocolate 200gm
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 stick Salted Butter softened to room temperature (about 1/2 cup)
- 10 oz KitKat 250gm
- 2 packs M&Ms
- ¼ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- ¼ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon Silver Balls
- 1 tablespoon Funfetti
- ½ cup Whipped Cream
Making the Eggless Chocolate Cake
- In a bowl combine the Butter and Sugar using a balloon whisk. Add the Yogurt and Vanilla and mix it until combined.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Fold it lightly into your wet mixture. Add the buttermilk in streaming motion and keep mixing until combined. Do not overmix. Just fold everything until you have a ribbon-like consistency.
- Pour the Cake Batter in a 6-inch cake pan, lined with parchment paper, and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.Similarly, bake another cake and cool it down to room temperature on a wire rack.
Making the Milk Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
- Melt the Milk Chocolate over a double boiler and mix it with whipped cream. Add a knob of butter and combine until smooth.
Decorating the cake
- Place one cake on a turntable. Frost evenly and then place another cake on top and frost evenly on the top and sides.Decorate the sides with KitKat.
- Do the frosting on the sides of the cake with whipped cream. fill it in with M&Ms, White Chocolate Chips, Dark Chocolate Chips, Silver Balls, and Funfetti.Freeze the cake for 1 hour before you serve it.
- If you want to use eggs then skip Yogurt and use 1 Egg for each cake.
- To make Gluten Free Chocolate Cake you can use your favorite Gluten-Free Flour
- You can also use Chocolate Cake mix to make this cake.