Roasted Mushrooms with Herby Quinoa is one of the easiest meals that you can make with yourself with just Quinoa, Mushrooms, few herbs of your choice, garlic, and green onions.
All you have to do is just roast your mushrooms at 425°F for 15-minutes and then toss it in herby-cooked quinoa with parsley and Italian seasoning. Easy, Peasy, and light.
Looking for ways to make your quinoa taste good? Try
- Healthy Quinoa Fried "Rice" with Crispy Tofu
- Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burgers in Air-Fryer
- Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
- Keto Quinoa Zucchini Muffins - (No Flour, No Sugar, No Oats)
- Southwestern Quinoa Black Bean Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette dressing
- Traditional Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad with Carrots, Raisins, Feta and Pistachios
or this easy peasy recipe with roasted mushrooms and herby quinoa.
Let's get real. Quinoa tastes bland. It has no taste of its own. You'll know this if you've made any recipe with quinoa. But, we know Quinoa is healthy. BTW Do you know What Happens if you eat Quinoa every day?
Quinoa is an excellent source of Protein, Fiber, Phosphorus, Manganese, and Magnesium. It contains plant antioxidants.
So, even if we don't want, we ought to find out ways to include quinoa in our daily diet.
If you are looking for something quick, easy, and light, try this Roasted Mushrooms recipe with herby Quinoa.
Roasted Mushrooms Recipe with Herby Quinoa
Have you ever tried roasted Mushrooms? Any sort of mushrooms - Baby Bella or Button or Portobello or white button mushrooms when roasted tastes so good. Juicy and smooth on the inside and slightly sweet and rich on the outside. Just add a splash of Balsamic Vinegar and make it taste even better.
I have always loved Mushrooms. The intense meaty and earthy taste of cremini mushrooms leaves you craving for more. Try some of my other favorite recipes with Mushrooms.
- Honey Balsamic Mushrooms
- Black Pepper Mushrooms
- Pesto Mushroom Potstickers (Vegan Potstickers)
- Mushroom Pizza with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
- Mushroom Fettuccine (No Cream)
- Healthy & Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms (Low Carb)
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Sriracha Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms
- Pan-Seared Garlic Butter Mushrooms
See the recipe card for quantities and see the video for a quick visual.
For roasted Mushrooms
- White Button Mushrooms - can be replaced with Cremini or Portobello.
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
For herby quinoa
- Olive Oil
- Green Onions
- Italian Herbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make Roasted Mushroom and Herby Quinoa
Step 1: Coat Mushrooms and Get them roasted
Place Mushrooms in a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Coat them with olive oil, Salt, Pepper, and Italian Seasoning. Place it in the oven preheated at 425°F for 15-20 minutes or until they get roasted.
Step 2: Cook Quinoa
First, soak quinoa in cool water for 5-minutes. Sieve it using a fine mesh. Soaking improves its texture and removes the bitter outer coating - saponin.
Place quinoa in a skillet. Toast for about a minute until it turns nutty and lightly dark.
Once your quinoa is toasted add cooking liquid. Water or Chicken stock or vegetable stock.
The amount of cooking liquid you add, totally depends on the quantity of quinoa you are using.
After cooking quinoa multiple times, I've observed that for every 2 cups of quinoa, I need about 1 3/4 cup of water. See my Cilantro Lime Quinoa recipe and you'll know how it's done.
First, bring the liquid to a boil. Then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 13-15 minutes until all of the water gets soaked.
Step 3: Sear Quinoa with Herbs
In a separate pan heat some olive oil. As soon the oil shimmers add minced cloves of garlic, Italian herbs, and chopped parsley. Sear until the garlic becomes fragrant.
Add green onion, salt and pepper, and cooked quinoa. Stir lightly.
Step 4: Squeeze lemon juice and serve
Finally, squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle some freshly shredded parmesan cheese. Stir lightly. And, then serve with roasted mushrooms.
- Chickpeas - You can add some roasted chickpeas for a nutty and meaty taste
- Lentil - You can add some cooked lentils along with quinoa for a hearty meal.
- Brown Sugar - If you want you can add a teaspoon of brown sugar while roasting mushrooms. It will get you a gorgeous golden brown color.
- Onion Powder - You can add a teaspoon of Onion Powder while making quinoa.
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik.
Roasted Mushrooms with Herby Quinoa
For Roasted Mushrooms
- 2 pounds Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coarse salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning or ½ teaspoon rosemary/thyme + 1 teaspoon parsley + 1 teaspoon dried basil + 1 teaspoon dried oregano
For Herby Quinoa
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1¾ cup water or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or ½ teaspoon rosemary/thyme + 1 teaspoon parsley + 1 teaspoon dried basil + 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley more for garnish
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F or 220 degrees C.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Add mushrooms and coat them in olive oil, salt, cracked black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Roast in Hot oven for 15-20 minutes flipping halfway until soft and tender.
- First, soak quinoa in cool water for 5-minutes. Rinse under cool water and then, sieve it using a fine mesh. Soaking improves its texture and removes the bitter outer coating - saponin.
- Place quinoa in a skillet. Toast for about a minute until it turns nutty and slightly dark.Once your quinoa is toasted add cooking liquid. Water or Chicken stock or vegetable stock.First, bring it to a quick boil over high heat. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-minutes or until the all of the water gets completely soaked. Fluff with a fork.
- In a skillet heat some olive oil. Add minced garlic cloves, chopped parsley, and Italian seasoning. Sear until the garlic becomes fragrant for about a minute. Add chopped green onions, salt, and freshly cracked pepper. Toss lightly until the onions are cooked.
- add cooked quinoa and toss well until combined. Squeeze some lemon juice and stir in some freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- Finally, serve this with roasted mushrooms. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Ask Me Anything