Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos is an easy and quick Chipotle Chicken Tacos recipe. This is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy and is always a family favorite Taco recipe. Also, I have used Oven Roasted Chicken to make the Honey Chipotle Chicken filling, and it's incredibly delicious. Its got that perfect smokey texture because roasting in the oven is not too dry and not too wet. Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos with a crunchy slaw topping, Pepper Jack Cheese, Pico De Gallo, Diced Tomatoes, Frozen Corn, Red Onions, chopped Cilantro, and Lime Juice is incredibly flavorful and delicious. It gets ready in just 20 minutes.
Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Easy Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos are not too spicy nor too sweet. It's the perfect combination of the two. I have used Chipotle Adobo Sauce instead of Chipotle Spice mix and it makes this even delicious. Also, the combination of it with honey and other spices is just so good. Have you tried my Chicken Carnitas or Chipotle Grilled Chicken Pineapple Tacos or Chicken Pepper Tacos
Roasted Chicken Chipotle Tacos
The best part about this recipe is the Roasted Chicken Breast. I have roasted two Chicken Breasts in the oven along with the spices and seasoning and then I have shredded them. Roasting the Chicken breast in the oven gets them that perfect smokey flavor. Also, the spices along with the Chicken juices get extra delicious after being roasted in the oven.
How to make Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos are an exceptionally easy and versatile recipe. There is no set ways to make it. My mom used to make it with Honey and Chipotle Pepper Powder. However, I like to make it with Chipotle Adobo Sauce.
These Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos can be made in the slow cooker or in an Instant Pot or in the oven. I find the Oven method easy and quick so I roast the Chicken breast in the oven along with the spices. After cooing the Chicken with the spices, I shred it.
Below you can find the full detailed recipe:
First: Marinate the Chicken - Marinate the Chicken with Olive Oil, Honey, Chipotle Adobo Sauce, Ketchup, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Ground Cumin, Taco Seasoning, Smoked Paprika, Dried Oregano, Salt & Pepper.
Second: Bake the Chicken - Bake the Chicken breasts in the oven at 400F or 200C for 15 minutes. After the Chicken gets baked, shred the Chicken Breast and add Sweet Corn to it. Toss to combine.
Third: Make the Tacos - Toast the Corn Tortillas on a stovetop. To make the Tacos, add the Coleslaw or Chopped Cabbage along with the Honey Chipotle Chicken filling, followed by Pepper Jack Cheese, Pico de Gallo or any Salsa of your Choice, Red onions, Diced Tomatoes, chopped Cilantro, Lime juice, and hot sauce Crema.
Other Alternatives to this recipe
- You can use Chicken Thighs instead of Chicken Breasts. Cook them at 400F for 35-40 minutes. I like to use Chicken Breasts for this recipe because Chicken Breasts hold on to the juices and seasoning better and they don't dry out in the oven quickly.
- You can add any salsa of your choice
- You can add BLT Slaw.
- You can use Grilled Chicken. Preheat the grill to 450F. Grill Chicken breast for 6-7 minutes. Keep basting with some reserved Honey Chipotle Marinade. Remove from the Grill, and check if the chicken is cooked by inserting a Meat Thermometer. If it reads 165F OR 78C, it is cooked. Add the remaining marinade and cook it down for 5-10 minutes before you cut it.
What crema is best served with these Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos?
I like to serve these Tacos with a spicy Hot Sauce Crema which is made by combining Creme Fraise with crushed Garlic, Lime Juice, Salt & Pepper, and of course hot sauce.
You can replace this with a creamy Mexican Crema or Avocado Crema or Cilantro Lime Crema for a creamy and light option.
You can serve these Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos with:
Cauliflower Rice Risotto with Peas
Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime Dressing
Mexican Corn Salad Recipe with Cilantro Lime Dressing
Southwestern Quinoa Black Bean Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette dressing
If you liked this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ketchup
- 3 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper Adjust as per taste
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Hot Sauce or Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce
- 3 small Corn Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Pico De Gallo or any salsa of your choice
- ¼ cup Pepper Jack Cheese
- 3 teaspoon Diced Tomatoes
- 1 medium sized Red Onion chopped
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
Hot Sauce Crema
- 3 tablespoon Hot Sauce Crema for garnish
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoon Creme Fraise or Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- In a baking dish, marinate Chicken Breast with Olive Oil, Honey, Ketchup, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Ground Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Dried Oregano, Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce or Chipotle Hot Sauce. Bake it in the oven at 400F for 15 minutes.
- After the Chicken gets roasted in the oven, get it out and shred it using two forks. Add some frozen corn and toss it with the Chicken and the juices.
- Toast the Corn Tortillas on a stovetop until pliable. Add Coleslaw or Cabbage followed by the Chicken and Corn mixture, followed by Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, Pico de Gallo, Chopped Red Onions, and Diced Tomatoes. Drizzle some Lime juice on top. Garnish with chopped cilantro
- To make Hot Sauce Crema combine all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Drizzle it over the Tacos. Serve the Tacos
Ask Me Anything