Need an easy Sugar cookie recipe? Try these Red Velvet Sugar Cookies with White Chocolate Hearts. There is something so magical about the word, "Red Velvet" right? Our eyes light up the moment we hear it. We begin imagining something Dark Red which is loaded with a Creamy Texture and Chocolaty Taste. right? Did you know that Red Velvet is mostly about Chocolate! Yup and that is why people love it so much. Have you tried these Decadent Red Velvet Brownies?
Another fact about red velvet is that Red Velvet pairs really well with White Chocolate. Have you tried my Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies? It is super delicious and something that you just can't get enough of.
Small little round-shaped cookies with a crinkly top and a milky White Candy Heart on top. As you bite in, you let your taste buds swim in the world of Chocolate. The chewy cookies will force you to grab another bite and I can tell you with certainty that you cannot resist that urge. It's like the best Sugar Cookies you'll ever bake.
Easy Valentine's Day Cookies
These Red Velvet Sugar Cookies with White Chocolate Hearts are so perfect for Valentine's Day. In fact, I cannot imagine Valentine's Day without something Red Velvet. And, the Reese's White Chocolate Hearts make the cookies look all the more adorable.
Talking about Valentine's Day have you tried my Valentine's Day Brownies (AKA) Heart Shaped Chocolate Strawberry Brownies
Seriously guys, If you are thinking about some Valentine's Day Desserts recipes then this Red Velvet Sugar Cookie will be the perfect choice for you.
I know these days people stay away from food coloring and you would prefer something natural instead such as beet powder. But, hey, it's Valentine's Day. So, I thought let me just Red Food Color and not worry so much.
Let's Dive Right In:
You can make these Red Velvet Sugar Cookies in just 3 easy steps. Yup. It's actually that easy. Did you ever imagine that the adorable Red Velvet cookies you see in bakeries took just 3-easy steps? The first step is to make Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Dough. The second step is to Bake them and finally just add these cute Reese's White Chocolate Candy Hearts on the cookies.
Ingredients Needed to Make these Cookies:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking soda
- Cocoa Powder
- Melted Butter
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Granulated Sugar
- Red Food Color
- White Chocolate Candy Hearts
How to Make Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Dough?
- Whisk Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl combine All-Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and Cocoa Powder.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Now add in Melted Butter, Pure Vanilla Extract, Granulated Sugar, and Egg. (If you want to skip eggs, you can just add some more flour). Whisk on low speed until well combined. Add Red Food Color and stir well until it reaches a Dark Red Color.
- Make Cookie Dough Balls: Quickly Shape these Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Dough into small balls. Do not press as they will spread in the oven.
- Bake: It took me just 10-minutes at 350F to bake these Red Velvet Sugar Cookies. However, it can take you up to 12-13 minutes. Different ovens work differently.
- Cool Down and Add White Candy Hearts: Cooldown cookies and then add White Chocolate Candy Hearts on them.
These Red Velvet Sugar Cookies are just so good. They have a perfect Chewy texture with a Chocolat-y interior and a beautiful Crinkly top. There is no secret to this goodness. It's just a plain Sugar Cookie recipe with Red Food Color and Cocoa Powder. I just love the White Candy Heart topping. It makes it perfect for Valentine's Day. If you are baking these cookies for the special someone in your life, I bet they are gonna be so impressed with you. The best part about these Valentine's Day sugar cookies is that they look so cute. In fact, they look the cutest.
Can I make these Ahead of time?
Of course, I love to make the Red Velvet Cookie dough and pop it in the freezer. After all, the occasions are sort of endless of when and why you would need a batch of homemade Red Velvet Cookies. Sometimes I need to make these cookies for my kids. Sometimes, it's for the new neighbor who just moved in, sometimes it is for the guests who showed up all of a sudden.
So, What I do is, wrap my make small Red Velvet Cookie Dough balls and place them in a bag. Then, just label the bag with a date, name of the recipe, and baking time. You can store them for at least 3-months.
When baking these Red Velvet Sugar Cookies, bake them for a bit longer.
How to Store these Cookies?
Saving these Red Velvet Sugar Cookies with White Candy Hearts is not easy. You might really need to hide away some so that you can enjoy it later.
But, Make sure you cool down the cookies completely at room temperature before freezing.
Room Temperature: You can store these cookies at room temperature for up to a week. But, make sure you keep it in a covered place or an air-tight container such as a Tupperware.
Freeze: You can freeze these cookies for up to 3 months. That's good news, right? Well, yes. All you gotta do is just keep them in a freezer bag and then place that freezer bag in another Tupperware or a similar air-tight container.
Other Cookies you might like:
If you are making these cookies then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik.
Red Velvet Sugar Cookies with White Chocolate Hearts
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter softened to room temperature
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg at room temperature
- ½ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoon Red Gel Food Coloring
- 2½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅛ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 24 small White Chocolate Hearts I used Reese's hearts (optional)
- Add Softened Unsalted Butter Granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Use a handheld mixer or stand mixer and whisk at high speed for a minute until the mixture gets light, fluffy and creamy. Into this add Pure Vanilla Extract and Egg. Whisk on low speed until the egg combines. Now add Red Gel Food Coloring. You can also use beet powder (if you prefer natural color) and beat until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat again if required.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together, All-Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and Cocoa Powder. Whisk until combined.Add this dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold until combined, using a wooden or silicone spatula. The cookie dough will be soft now. If its too soft, you can add a tablespoon of flour.
- Take about 1 Tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into small balls. Arrange these Red Velvet Cookie Dough balls in a greased and lined baking sheet. Refrigerate these cookie dough balls for 1-2 hours or for 2 days.
- Next, Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Press the cookies and flatten them, using a spatula. Bake them in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. They will spread in the oven so make sure you keep a gap of at least 1-inch between each cookie.Once cookies are baked they will be soft and delicate. Don't take them out of the baking tray yet. Let them sit in the hot baking dish, at room temperature for 10-20 minutes.
- After 20-minutes, add White chocolate Candy hearts and sort of push it in lightly. Then enjoy!