Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is one of the most decadent cakes you'll ever have. Soft, rich, and Chewy in the center topped with White Chocolate Chips and Crushed candy canes, decorated with Peppermint Buttercream Frosting on the edges, this is a perfect dessert for the holidays!
What to LOVE about this Cookie Cake?
- Soft, Rich, and Chewy: This cookie cake is just as you want. Soft, rich, and chewy in the center with a crunchy edge.
- Peppermint Buttercream Frosting: Let's be real. There is nothing as good as Buttercream frosting, right? It's seriously the best. And, when we are talking about Birthday's Buttercream frosting is a MUST.
- Giant Cookie: If you love cookies, (who am I kidding, we all love cookies!) then this is your favorite treat. You get a giant cookie in the form of a cake that you can binge eat without anybody in the world to judge you!
- No Need to Chill the Cookie Dough: While making cookies, I've always asked you guys to chill the cookie dough. But, in this case, I am asking you to skip that step! So, that brings you one step closer to your cookie cake!
- White Chocolate Chips: I LOVE white chocolate chips. That milky tasty is something that I cannot get out of my head.
During Christmas, we generally look for easy recipes such as this Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bar or this White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies or this Christmas Sugar Cookie truffles or this Chocolate Chip Cookie bar and etcetera.
Whether you want to call this your birthday cake, or a holiday cake, this Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is absolutely perfect! Talking about birthday cake have you seen my Kitkat Cake with M&M, it's just perfect for Birthdays!
Well, Christmas is a season of Cookies! And if you are bored off cookies and want to give your holiday table a new treat, then try this Christmas-y Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake!
Peppermint desserts are a must when we think about Christmas. They set the festive mood right! I have been baking a ton of Peppermint desserts in the last few weeks. And, I am seriously in LOVE with everything peppermint.
I love to see how Peppermint pairs with various Ingredients. Until now, I knew that Peppermint and Dark Chocolate are an excellent combination. Therefore I made, Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles, Peppermint Cheesecake Oreo Truffles and etc.
But, later I realized that Peppermint pairs really well with White Chocolate as well. Therefore I tried Peppermint White Hot Chocolate with Coconut milk. It went viral overnight on various social media sites. Similarly, my White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies and My Peppermint Bark Candy were so good. You can check such decadent recipes on my YouTube Channel as well.
I have got tons of Holiday Peppermint candy canes from Costco last week and I have been using them in so many of my recipes. Such as Christmas Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops
So, today, I was deeply excited about baking this Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe from Scratch. I really don't like cookie mix or cake mix. I love baking things from scratch.
And, this recipe has become my absolute favorite. From the moment I made it, I have been constantly eyeballing it and grabbing a bite of it. My cookie cake got baked at around 1 PM and by 5 PM it was all over. No, I am not lying. Wish I could show you my empty plate as well!
I am heading over to the kitchen to bake a fresh batch right now! But, before I do that, I just have to share this Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake recipe with y'all!
Ingredients you'll Need to Make Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake:
For Cookie Cake
- Melted Salted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Egg and Egg Yolk
- Peppermint Extract
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- White Chocolate Chips
- Holiday Peppermint Candy Canes
For Peppermint Buttercream frosting
- Salted Softened Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Peppermint Extract
How to Make Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake?
- First, cream butter and sugar at high speed with a handheld mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Now add one egg and one egg yolk and mix well. Add Peppermint extract and Vanilla Extract and mix well.
- Now gradually add all-purpose flour and baking powder and mix it in with a spatula.
- Finally, add white Chocolate Chips and mix them in.
- Place it in a cake pan (greased with nonstick cooking spray) and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for at least 25-30 minutes.
- Cool It down to room temperature and then do the frosting.
How to Make Peppermint Buttercream Frosting from Scratch?
- Make Peppermint Buttercream frosting by creaming salted softened butter. I use my handheld mixer you can also use your stand mixer. Mix it for a minute or two until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Gradually add Powdered sugar and mix well. I add about 1/2 cup at once and then mix well.
- Now add Pure Vanilla Extract and Peppermint extract and mix well. It should be thick. If it's too thick then add 1-2 teaspoons of milk and whisk well.
- Transfer this to a piping bag. Snip the edge and pipe it onto your cooled cookie cake.
- Decorate the cake top with crushed holiday candy canes and some white chocolate.
Well, that is how you make Peppermint White Chocolate Cookie Cake with Peppermint Buttercream frosting.
- Instead of Peppermint Buttercream Frosting, you can use Maple Buttercream frosting or Salted Caramel Frosting or Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, or Whipped Cream frosting.
- Instead of White Chocolate Chips, you can use Semi-Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips or even peanut butter chips to add that extra punch to your cookie cake.
Some BONUS Tips:
- Egg and Egg Yolk: For a rich and chewy texture try to use both egg and egg yolk for this recipe. It improves the texture drastically. It makes it just sort of perfect.
- Do not Overmix: Sometimes when we are new at baking we might tend to overmix certain ingredients. We should tend to avoid that as much as possible.
- Use a Springform Pan: Rather than using a regular cake pan use a springform pan. It will help you remove the cake with so much ease.
Make a Cookie Cake Ahead of time:
You can make the cookie cake at least 3-days in advance. But it is best served on the day it is made.
You can store this cookie cake at room temperature for 3-4 days provided you keep it in an airtight container. There is no need to refrigerate this cookie cake because it will definitely dry out and it won't taste good.
More White Chocolate Chip Desserts:
- Strawberry White chocolate chip Cookies
- Red Velvet White Chocolate chip Cookies
- Cranberry Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, share your image on Instagram with #recipemagik and tag me @recipemagik.
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe from Scratch
- 1 Cup Salted Melted Butter 226.8g
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar 200g
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Peppermint Extract do not substitute with Spearmint extract or Mint extract
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour spooned and leveled (240g)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1½ Cup White Chocolate Chips 225g
Peppermint Buttercream Frosting (OPTIONAL)
- 1 Cup Softened Salted Butter
- 1½ Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C and grease a 9-inch springform cake pan with non-stick cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil. Set Aside.
- Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment whisk butter for 2-minutes until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and whisk well on medium speed for 1-minute. Add one egg and one egg yolk and mix it in. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the pan as per your needs. Finally, add Peppermint extract and pure vanilla extract and mix well at medium-high speed.
- Gradually add flour in parts followed by baking soda. Whisk on a very low speed until combined. The cookie dough should be quite thick. See the image for a better visual.
- Finally, add White Chocolate Chips and mix well using a rubber spatula or a wooden spatula until evenly combined.
- Press the cookie dough on the bottom of a greased baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cake top is slightly brown. It could also take up to 30-minutes. All ovens work differently. Test with a toothpick. If it comes out with a few moist (not wet) crumbs then it's done. To prevent over-browning on the edges you can cover the cookie cake with an aluminium foil at 15-minute mark. Once the cake is baked, remove from oven and keep it on a wire rack. Once the cake has cooled down to room temperature, use a sharp knife and loosen it from the sides. Serve directly from the pan or do the frosting.The Peppermint Buttercream frosting is optional. You can also decorate with whipped cream frosting.
- Whisk butter at high speed for 2-minutes until light and fluffy. Add icing sugar (1/2 cup) at a time and whisk well. If it's too thick you can use 1-2 teaspoons of milk. Add Vanilla extract and Peppermint extract and mix well. Transfer it to a piping bag with a nozzle of your choice. Snip the edge of the piping bag and do a beautiful frosting on the cookie cake. Decorate the cake with white chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candy canes.
- Springform Pan: Use a Springform pan. It helps take out the cookie cake easily.
- Egg and Egg Yolk: Add one egg and one egg yolk brings a rich and chewy texture to your cookie cake.