Orange Cranberry Muffins
- 1 cup Refined Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Salt
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Softened Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Orange Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Orange Food Color
- 1 dash Orange Zest
- ¼ cup Thick Greek Yoghurt
- 2 teaspoon Orange Juice
- ½ teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 cup Cranberry
For Orange Glaze
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- First mix in the dry ingredients.
- Cream butter and sugar with a hand blender at high speed for 2-3 minutes. Use some warm milk if needed to get a creamy consistency.
- Now add all the other wet ingredients (Orange Extract, Orange Food Color, Orange Zest, Orange Juice, Yogurt, Vinegar)
- Whisk all the wet ingredients at high speed for at least 1 minute.
- Now mix in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Whisk with a handheld blender for one minute (until you get a lumpy consistency).
- Add the chopped cranberries (room temperature) and fold it into the mixture.
- Grease the muffin pan with oil or butter and pour the batter in it. Pour as much as you can. (Fill it till the top for well-risen muffins)
- Pre-heat your oven at 420F OR 220C. Bake for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, reduce the temperature by 100 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool down and then take them out of the tray.
- Mix orange juice with brown sugar (you can use granulated white sugar also) and whisk with a handheld blender or a spoon until you get a smooth glaze.
- Glaze your Orange Cranberry Muffins with the freshly prepared orange glaze.
- Serve it with a scoop of Ice Cream to make it a fantastic dessert.