Kung Pao Chicken Tenders is a quick and easy Chicken Appetizer Recipe. This is a hugely popular and delicious recipe where dredged Chicken is fried until crispy and then served with a homemade Kung Pao Sauce.
Also try: Kung Pao Chicken and Kung Pao Tofu
This Asian American Appetizer Recipe is sure to please everyone with its crispy taste, sweet and spicy Kung Pao Sauce, and of course, how quickly this gets ready!
- super easy and amazing Chicken Appetizer recipe
- How to make Kung Pao Chicken Tenders
- Frying the Chicken Tenders
- Make the Kung Pao Sauce
- Garnish and Serve
- What is Typically in Kung Pao sauce
- What does Kung Pao Chicken tenders taste like
- What does Kung Pao Style mean
- Other Asian Recipes You will love
- RECIPE CARD
- Kung Pao Chicken Tenders
super easy and amazing Chicken Appetizer recipe
This Kung Pao Chicken tender recipe is a quick 15-minute Appetizer recipe that gets ready in a breeze and is loved by everyone.
Perfect for Summers or a quick Appetizer for Brunches, these Kung Pao Chicken Tenders are homemade wonders which even the kids are going to love❤️
Kung Pao Chicken Tenders are a brilliant fusion of American and Asian Recipes. The favorite American Appetizer - Chicken Tenders, gets a sweet & spicy makeover with this delicious and tasty Asian Kung Pao Sauce. Just like this - Kung Pao Chicken, Hunan Chicken, Szechuan Chicken, Honey Bourbon Chicken, Crockpot Chicken Thighs with Asian Glaze, Orange Chicken and many more recipes.
And the result is beyond delicious...!
This Kung Pao Chicken Tenders recipe is so good that you would want to make this again and again. I like to make these Kung Pao Chicken Tenders for my House Parties and Office Parties and within minutes they are over. They taste so delicious and are always a hit and popular choice at any party.
How to make Kung Pao Chicken Tenders
Making this Kung Pao Chicken Tenders is so easy. You can find the detailed recipe below.
Frying the Chicken Tenders
- Chopping the Chicken Breasts into thin lengthwise slices.
- Dredging the Chicken with Flour, Salt & Pepper
- Deep fry the chicken until it gets crispy and golden brown.
(If you want even crispy Chicken Breasts, then after dredging them in flour, briefly dip them in whisked egg yolks mixture and then again in Panko Breadcrumbs. Then fry the Chicken Tenders. This will make them exceptionally crispy and tasty)
Make the Kung Pao Sauce
To make the Kung Pao Sauce:
- In the same pan, temper some Dried Red Peppers and Sichuan Peppercorns. (if you're unable to find Sichuan Peppercorns, you can skip it and use cracked Pepper later)
- As this crackle, add minced garlic and chopped ginger. Allow them to get fragrant for 1 minute.
- Next, add the sauces - Dark Soy Sauce, Light Soy Sauce, Balsamic Vinegar, Rice Vinegar, Brown Sugar, and Hoisin Sauce. Stir to combine everything.
- Make Cornstarch slurry by mixing 1 teaspoon of Cornstarch with 2 teaspoon of water. Pour this slurry in the simmering Kung Pao Sauce
- Stir to combine. Simmer for 3 minutes and allow the sauce to thicken as it simmers.
Garnish and Serve
Finally, serve the Chicken Tenders with the Kung Pao Sauce. For a more restaurant-like feel, you can add some Crushed Peanuts as well. However, if you're allergic to it, then skip it.
Garnish these Kung Pao Chicken Tenders with chopped Cilantro and serve!
What is Typically in Kung Pao sauce
Typically Kung pao sauce is made up of sichuan peppercorns, dried red peppers, minced garlic, and freshly chopped ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar and some cornstarch to thicken it.
What does Kung Pao Chicken tenders taste like
Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside these Kung pao chicken tenders tastes extremely good.
A perfect balance of sweet and spicy these chicken tenders will leave you spellbound.
What does Kung Pao Style mean
Basically Kung Pao is a cooking technique where chicken or chicken tenders or tofu or shrimp is deep fried and served in a lightly sweet and spicy 🔥 sauce.
Other Asian Recipes You will love
- Chinese Chilli Chicken
- Asian Cashew Chicken [Better Than Takeout]
- Orange Chicken Recipe
- Mongolian Chicken
- Creamy Thai Peanut Chicken
- Sweet Chili Chicken
- Firecracker Chicken
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Kung Pao Chicken Tenders
For Chicken Tenders
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts cut lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon AP Flour to dredge the Chicken
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup Canola Oil to deep fry the Chicken Tenders
For Kung Pao Sauce
- 2 whole Dried Red Peppers
- ½ teaspoon Sichuan Peppercorns
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ inch Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch to make the Slurry
- Cut Chicken Breast lengthwise into thin Chicken fingers. Dredge them with flour, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan. As the oil shimmers, add the Chicken tenders and fry them until they get crispy and golden brown. Fry over medium -high heat for 4-5 minutes.Once the Chicken tenders get crispy and golden brown, take them off the pan and place them in a tissue paper-lined plate to soak out the excess oil.
- To make Kung Pao Sauce, in the same pan, temper some Dried Red Peppers and Sichuan Peppercorns. As they begin to sizzle, add the minced garlic and ginger and allow them to get fragrant. Next, add the sauces - Dark Soy Sauce, Light Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Balsamic Vinegar and Brown Sugar. Stir to combine. Make a cornstarch slurry with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 2 teaspoon of water and pour this in the simmering Kung Pao Sauce. Stir to combine.Simmer for 3 minutes over medium-low heat and take it off the pan and pour in a bowl.
- Serve Crispy Chicken Tenders with homemade Kung Pao Sauce
Ask Me Anything