Keto Cheesy Pizza Sticks - Your favorite pizza in a bite-sized form. You can add this to your list of best bite-sized appetizers or favorite snacks for kids. Made within 30-minutes these are pure joy.
Crispy cheesy top with true blue Italian flavors packed with spicy jalapenos this recipe calls for a celebration.
I am in a fix guys. Should I call them Pizza bites or should I call them pizza sticks! I could call them Pizza bites but they are really large. I mean, they are not the size of one bite. Will you guys judge me, if I call these bites? Well, to be on the safe side I think since they look like my cheesy garlic breadsticks so I am gonna name them Cheesy Pizza Sticks.
And, just so you know, I have made sure that this recipe is Keto and Low Carb. You know how the dietician within you can be so stern at times. After having lost control and overeating Honey Garlic Chicken yesterday, I think I should go for something low carb today.
Actually, there is a funny story behind this recipe. I was thinking of making something like cheesy pretzels and ended up making these pizza sticks. Wanna know what made me switch?
So, for the pretzels, I had to cut out the pizza dough into strips and unfortunately or fortunately the strips started breaking apart from the middle. I was sad. I had no clue about what to do next.
Little did I know then, that this is the time when I am gonna create a recipe that the world has never seen before. And, I somehow imagined making these small cheesy pizza sticks. I slowly went on following my cooking instincts and somehow made something that I loved a lot. I mean a lot. In fact, my family loved it too.
Keto Cheesy Pizza Sticks
So, let me tell you from the beginning that I have not used any meat for this recipe. So, no pepperoni and no salami and no chicken. This are all veggies. But, that doesn't mean that this recipe is not for you. Hold on! Before you press back to return to something else, just see the recipe for yourself. You can always add or subtract ingredients depending upon your taste. (A little Tip: Try adding some crispy bacon chopped into tiny bits on the top. I haven't tried it. But, this is just a suggestion for you. Tell me how it went)
How to make this Low Carb Pizza Sticks?
For this, you will need a store-bought pizza dough. In case you haven't got one follow this recipe here and learn how to make homemade pizza dough and that too without yeast.
You'll also need pizza sauce. Follow this recipe here and learn how to make homemade Pizza Sauce from scratch in just 5 minutes.
So, once your dough is ready cut it into thin strips and cut it from the middle. What you'll be left with is a 2-inch long pizza stick with about 1-inch width.
Spread out your pizza sauce on the pizza sticks. Follow it up with a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese. I highly recommend that you shred your own cheese. It tastes better and is healthier.
Once that is done, follow it up with one layer of chopped red onions and some minced garlic. Then, follow it up with another layer of corn. (I used frozen corn. So, I soaked them in water for a few minutes and they were ready to be used)
Finally, layer it with some black olives and sliced jalapenos. (just for that extra bit of punch)
Lastly, just because we love everything cheesy! So, another layer of shredded mozzarella and some grated parmesan!
Then, bake these babies for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 200C or 400F or until the top is slightly brown on the top.
And, that's it. Your Pizza Sticks are ready! Isn't this something that you would want to bake every single day? Well, now, maybe I am exaggerating. But, you know how it is right? How we fall in love with certain recipes, so much so that we want to make it every time we are happy or every time we feel everything is going downtown.
Is it Possible to Store these Pizza Sticks?
Yes, Of Course. All I did was keep them on a plate and then wrap the plate with a plastic wrap or an aluminum foil and kept it in the fridge. These cute babies were perfectly fine even after 2-days. All I did was reheat it in the oven until the cheese bubbled on the top and they were ready.
What are the other variations of this recipe?
I know, you must have already decided to change a few things in the recipe depending on what you have with you at the moment. But, I would love to give you guys some suggestions on how you can modify this recipe.
- Bacon - Crispy fried bacon tidbits would taste amazing on the top. It would make it a perfect breakfast pizza for your fam. It would include a lot of crunches and would of course taste awesome.
- Cheddar - If you are not a fan of Mozzarella, don't use it. Use cheddar cheese instead. Cheddar has a really sharp taste which makes everything taste amazing. So, I would advise you to add cheddar cheese if you are in love with it.
- Pepperoni - Yeah! Pizza is only good if you add pepperoni. Isn't that what we have all been saying. So, go ahead and add some pepperoni. It would definitely taste a lot better.
- Salami - Well, just to make it a little better you could either add both pepperoni and salami or add either of the two. Both ways it would taste amazing.
- Chicken - Well, if you are a big fan of Chicken just like me, then feel free to add some chicken chunks on your pizza. It would be so so so good.
- Mayo - I am not a big fan of Mayo. Hence I skipped it. But, feel free to add some Mayonnaise along with pizza sauce to get that uber creaminess.
- Marinara sauce - Both Pizza Sauce and Marinara sauce are good for this recipe. So, you can always use Marinara Sauce if you don't want to use pizza Sauce.
- Grilled Corn - I have just added the corn as it is. But, I just remembered that even grilled corn would make an excellent addition to these pizza sticks.
- Bell Peppers - If you got some bell peppers at home, feel free to add them as well. It will make it look colorful and would add a lot of crunch to your sticks.
Keto Cheesy Pizza Sticks
- 1 Medium Sized Pizza Base
- ½ Cup Pizza Sauce
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- ¼ Cup Corn Fresh or Frozen
- 1 handful Olives sliced
- 1 handful Jalapeno sliced
- 1 Medium -sized Red Onion thinly sliced
- 4-5 cloves Garlic minced
- 2-3 tablespoon Parmesan grated
- 4-5 leaves Fresh Basil
- 2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning (a combination of Oregano+ Dried Basil+ Rosemary+ Thyme)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- You can either use a store-bought pizza base or make pizza dough at home. (see Note 1 below for instructions)Flatten it out with a rolling pin or your hands and cut into 2-inch long strips with a 1-inch width.
- Either use store-bought pizza sauce or make pizza sauce at home. (see Note 2 below for instructions)
- Once you've applied the pizza sauce on your pizza sticks, top it with Mozzarella Cheese, minced garlic, chopped red onions, corn, olives, and jalapenos. Sprinkle some more Mozzarella and some Parmesan cheese on the top.
- Bake the pizza sticks in a preheated oven at 400F or 200C for 15 minutes or until the top turns slightly brownish.
- Season your pizza sticks with Italian seasoning.
- Garnish them with fresh basil and red chili flakes
- Here is how to make Homemade Pizza Dough without Yeast
- Here is how to make Homemade Pizza Sauce in just 5 minutes.
- Serve this with some pizza sauce. Season the pizza sauce with some Italian seasoning, fresh basil, and red chili flakes.
Ask Me Anything