Jalapeño Poppers in Air Fryers are crispy and delicious! These Jalapeño Poppers crisps up like a dream in the air fryer. Also, these are healthy and so easy to make. 😌
Also try: Jalapeño Mac and Cheese Balls
Recipe SummaryBasically, all you gotta do is slice the Jalapeños. Stuff them with a filling. Coat them in Panko Breadcrumbs and simply get them fried in your Air Fryer.
- What is Jalapeño Popper?
- My Favorite Tailgating Appetizer
- How spicy are jalapeno poppers?
- How to cut Jalapeños for Jalapeño Poppers?
- Instructions on making Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- How do you make jalapeño poppers less spicy?
- 🍛Cooking Variations
- 🥓Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 🔥Reheat Jalapeno Poppers in Air Fryer
- What Sauce do you eat with Jalapeño Popper?
- Italian Jalapeño Popper
- Baked Jalapeño Popper Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Popper
- How to Make the Topping more delicious
- How to Make Grilled Jalapeño Poppers?
- Jalapeño Poppers in Air Fryer
What is Jalapeño Popper?
Jalapeño Popper or Jalapeño Bites are basically Jalapeño peppers which have been sliced in half and then hollowed out. As you can see in the image below.
Then it is stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, scallions, and cheddar cheese. Breaded in Panko and cooked in Air Fryer until crispy on the outside.
Cream cheese jalapeno popper recipe are seriously my obsession.
Cheddar Cheese, Scallions, and Cream Cheese stuffed halved Jalapenos, topped with crispy Panko Breadcrumbs and air fried until crispy is seriously my favorite Gameday food. 🏈
Have you tried my favorite Crowd-Pleasing Super bowl Appetizers yet?
In fact, not just for Game Day, I love making these quick Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers and serve as a quick appetizer for parties or get-togethers at home. 🏠
It's seriously addictive and mostly I end up making huge batches of Jalapeño Poppers in Air Fryers.
My Favorite Tailgating Appetizer
But it's so much fun and hassle-free. It takes only 8 minutes to make a batch of Jalapeño Poppers and by the time the next batch is ready, it's always over!!! Also, Air Frying is so healthy and effortless.
Some of my favorite Air Fryer Recipes
- Chicken Tenders
- Popcorn Shrimp
- Coconut Shrimp
- Potato Wedges
- Cajun Chicken Wings
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
- Loaded Sweet Potato Skins
- Chicken Parmesan
- Sweet Potato Fries
I don't think after trying my Air fryer Jalapeno Poppers, you'd ever want to try fried Jalapeno Poppers.
These Air Fried Jalapeno Poppers are crispier than deep-fried Jalapeno Poppers.
Also, these are super crispy and so delicious. 😋
The deep-fried ones are full of oil, greasy and so unhealthy. You should never make it.
How spicy are jalapeno poppers?
Jalapeño Poppers are definitely spicy. But, the creamy and cheesy filling decreases the heat and makes it taste creamier. Jalapeño Poppers are crispy on the outside and so cheesy on the inside. They taste like Cheesy Pizza Sticks.
How to cut Jalapeños for Jalapeño Poppers?
Follow these easy steps and you'll be able to cut your Jalapeños in an instant.
- Remove the stem or keep the stem (as you wish)
- Use a sharp paring knife to cut it in half lengthwise.
- Use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds.
And, that's it. You get a cute little boat for stuffing.
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Melted Butter
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual. 🎥
Instructions on making Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
STEP 1: MAKE THE FILLING
- Slice the Jalapeños in Half. Scoop out the seeds using a spoon
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened Cream Cheese with shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Garlic Powder and Scallions (if using)
STEP 2: Schmear the Filling
- Stuff the Jalapeños with the filling
STEP 3: MAKE PANKO AND BUTTER MIXTURE
- In a shallow bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs with melted butter
- Top this panko mixture over the cheese stuffed Jalapeños
STEP 4: AIR FRY @375°F for 7-8 minutes
- Air fry the Jalapeño Poppers for 7-8 minutes or until crispy and Golden on top.
STEP 5: SERVE
- Cool down for 5-7 minutes before you serve these.
How do you make jalapeño poppers less spicy?
Jalapeño Poppers can be turned less spicy by scooping out the seeds. Basically the heat is in the seeds. If you happen to remove the seeds then you can make Jalapeño Poppers less spicy.
HINT - Remember that every air fryer functions differently. This recipe doesn't require preheating. However, if your Air Fryer does, then do so before air frying these Jalapeño Poppers.
You can obviously make this the traditional way by baking them in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the Jalapeno Poppers get crispy and golden brown at the top.
🥓Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Give these traditional Jalapeno Poppers a modern makeover. Wrap them with bacon and then place them in the air fryer
Brush with Olive Oil on top and air fry @375F for 7-8 minutes or until the bacon on top gets crispy and golden.
🔥Reheat Jalapeno Poppers in Air Fryer
Place the Leftover Jalapeno Poppers in the air fryer @350F and reheat for 3-4 minutes. They will get beautifully crispy and crunchy.
You can freeze precooked Jalapeno Poppers. Place them in a single layer in the freeze. Cover with plastic wrap. Reheat in the oven @350F for 3-5 minutes or in the air fryer @350F for 3-4 min and then serve it hot and crispy.
What Sauce do you eat with Jalapeño Popper?
I would suggest you pair it with some sweet jam instead of a spicy sauce. Homemade Apple Jam can be an excellent side for Jalapeño Popper.
Italian Jalapeño Popper
In case you want a cheesy Italian filling on the inside then you can use ricotta cheese along with cream cheese.
Top it with some italian seasoning and shredded parmesan cheese.
And, only if you are feeling more creative then brown up some italian sausages in the skillet until brown. Add it to your filling and your Jalapeño popper filling is ready.
Baked Jalapeño Popper Recipe
In case you don't have an air fryer or would like to bake it instead then follow the following steps.
Instead of placing your Jalapeño popper in the air fryer, place them in a baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-minutes or until crispy.
Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Popper
Now this is one of my favorite variations.
To make the filling just combine Cream Cheese, Blue Cheese, and Hot Sauce in a bowl.
Coat boneless skinless chicken breast with hot sauce and ranch seasoning.
Place your chicken in the hot charcoal grill at 450 degrees F. Grill both sides thoroughly.
Cut them into thin pieces.
Finally combine BBQ chicken with the filling. Give it a quick stir.
Pipe the filling in your jalapeño boats.
How to Make the Topping more delicious
Generally the topping can be made with Panko Breadcrumbs and Parsley.
But, for more taste and flavor you can add in some chopped parsley, ranch, and some olive oil.
Give it a quick stir.
Top Jalapeño Poppers with the toppings.
How to Make Grilled Jalapeño Poppers?
Once you've piped the filling and topped it with the topping. It's time to get the cooked.
To grill first move the coal towards one side. Put the peppers to the opposite side.
This technique cooks Jalapeño poppers with indirect heat.
Make sure it's really hot at 400-425 degrees F.
Place your Jalapeño poppers on the grill. Come back in 10-15 minutes and check them.
The Jalapeño Peppers should be soft but the top should be crispy.
Rub them with some BBQ Sauce and serve right away.
More QUICK SUPER BOWL RECIPES 🏈🏈
- Garlic Parm Chicken Wings
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Sesame Cauliflower
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Bites
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Mashed Potato Balls
- Jalapeño Cheddar Spice Dip
- Queso Mexican Dip
- Popcorn Chicken
Jalapeño Poppers in Air Fryer
- 1 lbs Jalapenos
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ cup chopped Scallions
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil to brush on top
- Cut the Jalapenos in half and scrape off the seeds in it using a spoon.
- Make Cream Cheese filling to stuff inside the Jalapenos by combining Cream Cheese, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Scallions, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper.
- Combine Panko Breadcrumbs and Melted Butter in a shallow bowl to make the panko topping. Keep it aside.
- Fill the Jalapenos with a Cream cheese mixture. Top with the Panko mixture. Place in the air fryer basket. Brush with Olive Oil on top. Air fry @375F for 5-8 min.
- Allow it to cool down for 5 minutes before you serve