If you are one of those people who prefer Breakfast Sausage instead of Bacon in the mornings, then you must know the challenges that come with this breakfast choice.
While breakfast sausages are superior to bacon in many ways, they are not that exactly easy to season it.
Just a sprinkle of salt and crack of black pepper won’t cut it for making the perfect Breakfast Sausage. But with our Breakfast Sausage Seasoning, making a perfect morning meal will be totally within your reach!
Just keep reading and you will be able to make Breakfast Sausage Seasoning right at your home’s kitchen! 😋😋
- 🤔 What is Breakfast Sausage Seasoning Made of?
- What do you need to make Breakfast Sausage Seasoning?
- How to make Breakfast Sausage
- How much seasoning should I use for 1 pound of Ground Pork?
- Variations for Breakfast Sausage Seasoning
- 🌱 Is this Breakfast Sausage seasoning Vegan and Gluten free?
- 🧂 How to store Breakfast Sausage seasoning?
- 💯 Tips for making Breakfast Sausage seasoning better
- 🤔 What is the difference between Breakfast Sausage and Regular Sausage?
- 💪 Is Breakfast Sausage good for health?
- Homemade Breakfast Sausage Seasoning
🤔 What is Breakfast Sausage Seasoning Made of?
There is a great debate when it comes to what a Breakfast Sausage shape is. Half the people consider ground beef patties as breakfast sausage, whereas for the other half link sausages as breakfast sausage.
But despite these differences, there is one point everyone agrees with: A Good breakfast sausage needs to be properly seasoned.
A typical breakfast sausage seasoning consists of spices like paprika, allspice and even cayenne pepper for the heat lovers.
Besides spices, a breakfast sausage seasoning should also contain a good amount of herbs like thyme and sage.
If you ever wondered why Breakfast Sausages in the South are so good, this seasoning is the Secret.
But with our little help, you can make it by yourself and wow everyone at your next family’s breakfast! 😍😍
What do you need to make Breakfast Sausage Seasoning?
The ingredients for making this Breakfast Sausage seasoning is so easy that you can find all of them within ten minutes of entering your local grocery store.
You will also not be breaking your wallet by buying these following ingredients. In fact, most of them are available in everyone’s kitchen pantry.
See the list down below and check out if you already have some of these ingredients right at your home!
1. Brown sugar
2. Black pepper
3. Smoked paprika
4. Crushed red pepper flakes
5. Kosher salt
6. Rubbed Sage
8. Dried Oregano
9. Dried Basil
10. Onion Powder
11. Fennel Seeds
12. Garlic Powder
13. Dried Marjoram
How to make Breakfast Sausage
Just like making Breakfast Sausages is easy, so is making its seasoning very simple. You don’t need any fancy kitchen gadget like a spice grinder to make this breakfast seasoning.
It will also hardly take ten minutes of your time!
1. First ground whole spices like Black Pepper. You can also ground Red Pepper Flakes but this is totally optional. Rubbed Sage usually requires no extra grinding either.
2. Now take a large mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients in it. Be vigilant in mixing it thoroughly, as it contains Brown Sugar which can easily clump together.
3. Once everything is evenly mixed together with no clumps forming, your breakfast seasoning is done and ready to serve! You can also bottle it away in an airtight glass jar to keep it safe for future use!
How much seasoning should I use for 1 pound of Ground Pork?
I generally use about 1 pound of Ground Pork to make about 4 to 5 sausages. However it generally depends on the shape and size of the links or patties
The thumb rule I follow is just 1 tablespoon of Breakfast Sausage Seasoning blend for 1 pound of Ground Pork
You can increase or decrease the amount of seasoning blend based on your taste. However we don't like it under seasoned so we use 1 tablespoon for 1 pound of Ground Pork which yields about 4 servings.
Variations for Breakfast Sausage Seasoning
If you are getting bored by eating those same breakfast sausages with that same seasoning every day, then maybe it's time to change it up a little! 😋
You can easily make your mornings different by adding new variations to your breakfast sausage seasoning.
From spicy Korean style seasoning to more flavourful Italian seasoning, we will tell you everything you need to know about different variations for breakfast sausage seasoning!
1. If you want to start your morning on a spicy note, then try heating up your breakfast sausages with a spicier seasoning! Just add Cayenne Pepper to your breakfast sausage seasoning mix and you will never be sleepy in any of your mornings!
2. Bored with the same old regular flavours? Then try adding some Korean Pepper Flakes or Gochugaru in your breakfast sausage seasoning! You can find this easily at any Asian Grocery Store OR a Superstore. Just be careful though with its use, as it can be quite spicy!
3. Italian Breakfast Sausages are famous worldwide for a very good reason. You too can make them right at your kitchen by doing a small addition of Italian Seasoning in your breakfast sausage seasoning. Just make sure they are Dried Herbs and not fresh ones, as you want your seasoning to have a long shelf life.
4. You can make an Indian style breakfast sausage as well. All you need to do is add some Curry Powder to the seasoning and use it when making sausages!
🌱 Is this Breakfast Sausage seasoning Vegan and Gluten free?
Absolutely yes! This breakfast sausage seasoning contains no animal or wheat product, making it perfectly safe for all vegans and gluten conscious people out there. This seasoning will in fact go well with many vegan sausage recipes. Vegan readers can go ahead and give it a try themselves!
🧂 How to store Breakfast Sausage seasoning?
Storing breakfast sausage is very similar to preserving any other seasoning mix. Follow the right instructions and you can successfully store your breakfast sausage seasoning for upto six months.
And we'll tell you exactly what you need to do so that you can enjoy your breakfast sausage seasoning for a long time!
1. Airtight containers work the best for storing seasonings, as it will keep any outside air and moisture, the two things responsible for spoiling anything faster, away.
2. We suggest you go for a glass jar/bottle instead of plastic containers. Not only is glass more secure but it's also generally considered safe for storing edible products.
3. A cool and dry place is best for keeping your bottle of breakfast sausage seasoning. Heat and light makes a seasoning go bad faster, so avoid them at all cost.
4. Keep checking in on your breakfast sausage seasoning once in a while. If you notice it's colour fading along with the smell going dull, it's time you throw out the old seasoning and replace it with a new batch.
💯 Tips for making Breakfast Sausage seasoning better
1. Don't feel afraid to make your own variations and changes to breakfast sausage seasoning. At the end of the day you'll be the one using it, so make it according to your taste preferences!
2. If you want to make a Korean style breakfast sausage seasoning then add a little Korean red pepper flakes (Gochurang) to the mix. You can find it at any local Asian supermarket!
3. If you want to make an Italian style breakfast sausage seasoning then include dried herbs like oregano and thyme while making the seasoning!
4. Always use kosher salt instead of plain table salt as it's much easier and accurate to measure. This way you can never get the salt wrong in your breakfast sausage seasoning!
🤔 What is the difference between Breakfast Sausage and Regular Sausage?
While some people think that the difference lies in the shape, with breakfast sausage being in a Pattie format and regular sausage coming in links, the actual difference is something else entirely. Breakfast sausages are more heavily seasoned compared to their counterparts. The meat in breakfast sausage is also more ground and coarse compared to more smooth meat of regular sausage.
💪 Is Breakfast Sausage good for health?
Breakfast sausages can be a healthy start to your day if cooked right. Always go for lean meat for making your breakfast sausages. Also don't use too much oil or fat when you cook them on the pan.
You can also use an airfryer to make the ultimate healthy and delicious breakfast sausages.
Homemade Breakfast Sausage Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes whole or ground
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- 1 teaspoon All Spice
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- Combine all the ingredients in a small sized mixing bowl. Be careful to mix everything evenly. Brown sugar generally forms a clump so mix everything until combined through.
- Use 1 tablespoon of the spice blend for 1 pound of ground Pork. You can increase or decrease the amount of seasoning based on your preference.
- Store the remaining Breakfast Sausage Seasoning in your spice counter for future use.