Healthy Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies are the easiest oatmeal cookies you will ever make. Indulge in these soft, chewy and gooey Cookies guilt-free.
Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
Making these Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies is so easy. If you're looking for delicious chocolate cookies but which is flourless and healthy, you should make these decadent cookies.
Chocolate makes everything better. And I just love Oatmeal cookies. I love how chewy my cookies get when I use Oatmeal flour instead of AP Flour. It just enhances the texture and taste of the cookies.
It's been a while since I baked these cookies for the first time. The first time was just an experiment when I had some leftover double chocolate mix and I added some Oatmeal flour to it and folded it with some oil to make my cookies. They turned out so great.
These babies needed no special instructions to follow or any special trick. Just your usual cookie dough (which was yummmm BTW!) and within 5 minutes they sat down and got perfectly crinkled. Don't you just love to watch cookie dough sitting down! It's so cathartic and relaxing.
I have also used Walnuts in my Chocolate Oatmeal cookies recipe. Walnuts and chocolate are a match made in heaven. (Reminds me of my favorite Chocolate Walnut Fudge! mmm soooo gooood ). Also, Walnuts add a nutty flavor to your cookies which just makes it more chewy and crunchy with a bite.
Today I'll share with y'all the best Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies recipe.
How to make flourless Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies?
To make flourless Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies just use Oats flour. You might think that Oats is a grain but Oats flour is actually a simple and gluten-free flour which is perfect for your baking options. It's easy to prepare and also tastes so good. Just use old fashioned Oats and roll them to make Oatmeal flour. You can also use Almond flour to make Flourless Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. However, I did not use Almond flour as then the sweet flavor of almond will come in the way of walnuts and chocolate and the flavors won't make any sense!
How to make Sugar Free Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies?
This Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal cookie is totally sugar-free. I haven't added a pinch of sugar into making these cookies and they turn out just perfect. Also, I have used semi-sweet chocolate chips for making my double chocolate batter. If you want to add some sweetness to your cookies you can add a teaspoon of maple syrup or honey and that should work just fine. However, avoid it as the flavors of these cookies only come out with dark chocolate.
How to make Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies?
First, start with mixing some cocoa powder with semi-sweet chocolate chips and oats flour.
Once everything gets mixed well, add a spoonful of Yogurt, Vinegar, Vanilla Essence to it. Now add a half cup of vegetable oil into the cookie dough.
Also, throw in a spoon of baking soda and mix everything well using a handheld mixer or stand mixer.
Now add in the chopped walnuts and mix that in with a spoon.
Your cookie dough for Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies is all ready to be used.
You can chill this cookie dough for 30 minutes if your dough is too soft. Your cookie dough should be tight and lumpy. If you follow these instructions your cookie dough will be good to use just after formation.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and use an ice cream scoop to scoop out cookie dough balls. Place them in the baking tray with a 1-inch gap between the cookie dough balls.
Bake your Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal cookies for 12 minutes at 350 F.
After 12 minutes, use a spoon to press the top of the cookies. This will give the perfect crinkle to your cookies. Also, push in some more chocolate chips on your cookies if you wish to.
Bake your cookies for 2 more minutes at 350 F.
Finally, allow the cookies to stay in the hot oven for 5 minutes before you get them out and cool them out.
More Oatmeal Recipes you might love:
Eggless Oatmeal Raisins Cookies
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal cookie
- 1 Cup Oats flour Old fashioned rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream Optional
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil Can use Coconut Oil for a healthier option
- 2 teaspoon Greek Yogurt Can replace with Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
- First, mix the Cocoa Powder with Chocolate Chips and heavy cream. Also, throw in the chopped walnuts and whisk it well until all gets well combined.
- To this sieve Oats flour along with baking soda
- Add in the Vinegar, Yogurt, and Oil. Whisk everything well with a handheld mixer until you get lumpy cookie dough.
- Place cookie dough balls in a lined baking tray and bake at 350 F for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, use a spoon to press the top and continue baking for a further 2 minutes. Allow the cookies to stay in the hot oven for 5 more minutes before you get them out on the cooling rack.
- Adding heavy cream to mix in the cocoa powder and chocolate chips is totally optional. You can always skip it and trust me it won't make any difference to your cookies.
- Yogurt or Sour Cream along with vinegar is used as a fermenting agent since we are not using eggs. Technically, if you are using Eggs, then you can skip the vinegar & yogurt. However, even of you skip the vinegar, a spoon of yogurt just makes these cookies taste so much better. So, I would suggest you still use it.
Ask Me Anything