Fresh and Flavorful Mediterranean Chicken Salad makes for a complete meal in a salad bowl. Bursting with a zesty and flavorful Lemon Herb Mediterranean Dressing, this Grilled Chicken Salad is sure to please everyone.
The warm weather calls for hearty and easy salad recipes for a quick weeknight meal. And nothing is more comforting and delicious than this Grilled Chicken Salad recipe.
Chicken Breasts marinated with the lemon herb dressing and grilled to perfection with delicious char marks makes this super yum!
I love how the Lettuce, Tomatoes, Olives, Cucumbers and Red Onions makes for a great and hearty bed for the Mediterranean Grilled Chicken.
And the best part is ofcourse the marinade which doubles as a dressing for this herby, zesty, lemony and refreshing Chicken salad recipe.
Chicken Salad Recipe
What I love the most about this Chicken Salad recipe is ofcourse the grilled Chicken. Grilling Chicken and using it in a crunchy salad makes it tastes all the more flavorful!
Mediterranean Salad Dressing
I love a salad dressing where I can use it as a marinade as well. One it makes the Chicken full of flavors and Two when you grill a marinated chicken, the flavors get ten folds.
Ingredients needed to make Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Salad
- Chicken - I use boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts for this recipe. You can use boneless Chicken Thighs as well, however they will take a little longer to cook.
- Salad Dressing & Marinade - this uses simple ingredients like Lemon Juice, Oregano, Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, chopped Parsley, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- For the salad: Chopped Lettuce, Heirloom Tomatoes, Red Onions, Persian Cucumbers, Olives.
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Add all the ingredients to make the marinade in a mason jar. Seal and shake the jar to make the marinade.
Coat the Chicken Breasts with the marinade and let sit for some time.
Add the chicken to the grill pan and grill until browns.
Top on top of the salad with the dressing.
Remember to let the Chicken sit in the marinade for about 15 min.
Hint: Don't skip the time to let the chicken soak in the marinade. Doing this will not even make the chicken more flavorful but would also tenderise the chicken making it all the more juicy. Also it will cut the cooking time short.
You can add crumbled Feta or Goat Cheese on top of the salad. The tarty taste of Feta Cheese definitely will make the salad extra good.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Salad with Lemon Herb Dressing
- 1 pound Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
Marinade / Dressing
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice juice of 1 Lemon freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Freshly chopped Parsley
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt & cracked pepper to taste
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 medium sized Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 medium sized Tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives pitted
- 1 large Persian Cucumber diced
- Lemon Wedges to serve
- In a large bowl or a mixing jar add all the ingredients to make the salad dressing and whisk or shake until combined. Pour half of it in a pyrex jar and refrigerate the rest.
- Add the Chicken to a large bowl and pour the marinade over it. Toss to coat the chicken evenly with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temp for 15-20 min.
- Prepare all the salad ingredients and mix them up in a salad bowl.
- Heat a grill pan. Add the chicken only when the grill pan is hot. Grill the Chicken until it browns on both sides and until completely cooked through over medium high heat.
- Allow the chicken to cool down for 5 min. Arrange over the salad. Pour the remaining dressing over the salad. Serve with Lemon Wedges.