Fudgy, minty, chocolaty, and fluffy Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake swirl brownies will make for an ideal St. Patrick's Day treat or a Christmas dessert.
Hey Peeps! After you guys loved my Mint Chocolate Chip Fudges, Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls, Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies and Mint Chocolate Chip Muffins, I was really excited to share with y'all this delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies recipe. What I want in my brownies (especially - swirl brownies) is that the swirls come clean and they look pretty. Hence, it was quite hard to get that the first time. I had to try it six times to get here. (I am a slow learner).
Let's Bake some fudgy Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Swirl Brownies from scratch
To make a rich, fudgy, chocolaty Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Swirl Brownies these are your prime ingredients.
Dark chocolate + Cocoa Flour: You can easily replace this with cocoa powder. But, I preferred a mix of both, since I like my brownies a bit more chocolaty.
Brown Sugar + Granulated Sugar: I really enjoy combining brown sugar along with granulated sugar. It makes my brownies a little less cakey. Brown sugar adds moisture to the brownies making them a lot fudgier.
Less Flour: I have to thank, Sally from Sallys Baking Addiction for teaching me through her blogs that less flour makes the brownie less cakey and fudgier. She was right! You cannot go all abord with flour. Go slow, go less! We have used cake flour to make brownies.
Melted Butter: When I say, melted butter, I mean Melted Butter. I melted my butter over a double-broiler and then cooled it to room temperature before using it in my brownie mix. Melted butter makes the brownie chewier and fudgier.
Troubleshooting Tips for Fudgy Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Less Flour: I am repeating this that you need less flour for your brownie. It doesn't have to be like a cake. It's a brownie. You want it to be rich, thick, chocolaty and chewy.
- Peppermint Extract: Go easy with the peppermint extract as well as the green food coloring. Only add more peppermint extract, after you've tasted your brownie batter. Too much peppermint will spoil your brownie.
- Take Care of the Batter: The Brownie batter should not be runny or thin. It should be thick. You'll have to take a spoon and add dollops of batter onto your plate.
How to make the Cheesecake Swirl frosting for the Brownie
To make the cheesecake swirl I have used 8 oz of softened Cream cheese along with 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, 1 teaspoon green food coloring, one egg yolk, and 1/8 cup sugar. I have whisked it at medium speed for just 2 minutes.
How to get the perfect Swirl for your Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Swirl brownies
Making the swirls is really easy. But, I will teach you how to get it perfect. The idea is to add dollops of green cheesecake frosting over your brownies. Then take your knife and spread it evenly all over the brownie. Now take the remaining brownie batter and pour it over your brownie mix. Finally, just use a knife and go up and down horizontally over the brownies. Then repeat the same vertically. And, you'll see gorgeous swirl formation all over your brownie.
Now, let's check out the detailed step by step recipe below.
you might also like:
Fudgy Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
To make the Brownie Mix
- 3.5 Oz Dark Chocolate
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Melted Butter At Room Temperature
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Whole Eggs At Room Temperature
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 Cup Refined Flour
To Make Green Cheesecake Frosting Mix
- ½ Brick Cream Cheese
- 1 Whole Egg
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Drops Green Food Color
- Pre Heat the Oven to 356 F
To make the Brownie Mix
- First, Melt the Dark Chocolate over a double boiler. Keep stirring at regular intervals and add some Vegetable oil or Butter to it, so that the chocolate does not get burnt. (If you are melting chocolate in your oven, then stir after every 30 seconds).
- Now in a separate bowl add Brown Sugar. Follow it with Melted Butter, Cocoa Powder, your Melted Dark Chocolate and 2 whole Eggs.
- Now use your hand held mixer and whisk this until smooth for about 2 minutes at high speed.
- Now add the Peppermint Extract and slowly start adding the flour. Add the flour in parts and keep mixing with a spatula. Use a wooden or Silicon or Rubber Spatula.
- Mix only until 20 whisks. Do not overmix.
- Once the brownie mix is ready, place it on a parchement paper lined baking tray.
- Use a spoon to level your brownie batter.
- Keep a little bit of the brownie batter left so that you can make the swirl pattern with it later.
To Make the Green Cheesecake Frosting Mix
- For making the Green Cheesecake Frosting mix, start with taking the Cream Cheese.
- To the Cream Cheese add a whole Egg.
- To this add granulated sugar.
- To this add green food color.
- Whisk everything well, with a hand-held mixer for a minute at high speed.
- Layer this over the Brownie Batter.
- Now top it with the leftover brownie batter.
- Use a knife to draw swirl pattern over your brownie batter.
- Put them for baking, in a Pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, get your brownies out and allow it to cool down.
- Once it cools down slowly invert it and remove the parchment paper.
- Quickly and carefuly invert it again and start cutting your Brownie pieces.
- Your Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Swirl Brownies are ready.