Eggplant Lasagna without noodles is a healthy and low carb dinner recipe. This Eggplant Lasagna is Vegetarian. It's our favorite comfort food but in a healthy version. This Vegetarian Eggplant Lasagna makes for a perfect weeknight dinner and gets ready in just 30 minutes. Also, try Low Carb Eggplant and Zucchini Lasagna in Crockpot and Broccoli Lasagna Roll-Ups and this Spinach lasagna recipe.
Sometimes, it's the simplicity of recipes that draws me towards it. This Eggplant Lasagna is as easy as it sounds.
Eggplant slices are marinated with salt & pepper along with olive oil. Instead of Meatsauce I have used Pasta Sauce and layered it with the Roasted Eggplant, the Ricotta & Egg Mixture, and the Mozzarella Cheese.
All of this bakes for about 30 minutes and is served with chopped Parsley and Basil on top!
Eggplant Lasagna is made without the Noodles. It's low carb and healthy. I serve this with my favorite salad and it makes for a perfect family-friendly meal, especially on Thursday night when we have Vegetarian dinner night at our place. Have you tried my Tex Mex Black Eyed Peas and Rice Casserole with Roasted Garlic (Vegetarian)?
I like to give a cool twist to traditional recipes as it suits my taste or as per my need. I love a Classic Lasagna. However, there are days when you just don't want to eat meat. It's for those occasions, these adorable vegetarian recipes come in handy for a delicious dinner which the kids will love for sure.
Lasagna for me is basically cheese and noodles bake. This Cheesy Eggplant Lasagna is so delicious...! Instead of Noodles, I have used Roasted Eggplant Slices and a quick pasta sauce in place of the Meat Sauce.
- Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pasta Sauce or Marinara Sauce *
- Ricotta Cheese
- Whole Egg
I love Eggplant, especially in the form of a casserole. It gets so velvety, soft, and good and along with the cheese, it gets super awesome and makes it almost irresistible to just dive right in! Try Eggplant Parmesan or Eggplant Rollatini Recipe or Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Casserole or Eggplant Casserole or Baked Eggplant Curry - Sri Lankan Eggplant Curry
👩🏻🍳 How to make Eggplant Lasagna
Step 1: Roasting the Eggplant
First, trim off the head of the Eggplant. Choose a tall and slender Eggplant, because when you cut it out you will get nice long strips that will resemble Lasagna noodles. Cut thin strips of Eggplant. Toss them with salt, pepper & olive oil. Keep aside for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, use a paper towel to soak out the excess moisture and place them in the middle rack of the oven. Roast them in a preheated oven at 400F or 200C for 15 minutes.
Step 2: Making the Ricotta Mixture
Second, in a mixing bowl, take Egg, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Salt & Pepper. Combine everything using a spoon and keep aside.
Step 3: Making the Pasta Sauce
Third, heat olive oil in a pan. As the oil shimmers, add the chopped onion and minced garlic to it. As the garlic gets fragrant, add 1/2 can of Tomatoes in it and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add some Oregano, Salt, Pepper, and Sugar. Stir to combine and take it out in a separate bowl.
Step 4: The Layering
Finally, the last step is just basic layering. So, grease a casserole baking dish with oil. Start with a layer of Pasta sauce, followed by Eggplants, followed by Pasta sauce, Ricotta Mixture, and Mozzarella Cheese. Repeat until you use up all the Eggplant. Top with Mozzarella Cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven, covered, at 350F or 180C for 15-20 minutes. After that, bake uncovered for 10 more minutes.
Serve with chopped basil and parsley on top!
Other Healthy Recipes You might want to try:
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Eggplant Lasagna (Vegetarian)
- 3-4 long Eggplant
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 can Pasta Sauce or Marinara Sauce *
- ½ cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 whole Egg
- Trim off the head of the Eggplant. Chop thin slices of the Eggplant. Toss them with salt, pepper & olive oil. Keep them in a separate place for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400F or 200C. After 30 min, use a Paper towel to soak out the excess water, place it in the middle rack of the oven. Cook @ 400F or 200C for 15 minutes. After it gets done, keep them aside.
- In a large bowl, combine, Egg, Ricotta Cheese, Grated Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Salt & Pepper. Mix until combined, keep aside.
- To make homemade pasta, sauce, heat olive oil in a pan As the oil shimmers, add the chopped onion and garlic. As they get fragrant, add 1/2 can of Tomatoes, along with dried Oregano, Salt, Pepper, and Sugar. Stir until combined and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce starts to smell good.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with oil. Layer with Pasta sauce, top with the Eggplant slices, followed by another layer of Pasta sauce, followed by Ricotta Mix and Mozzarella Cheese. Repeat until you use up all the Eggplant. Top with Mozzarella Cheese. Bake covered at 350F or 180C for 15 minutes. After that, add more Mozzarella Cheese and bake uncovered for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with chopped parsley or Basil on top.