Cheesy, Creamy and So Delicious - Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna in the Crockpot is a Vegetarian, Gluten-free, and Low Carb Lasagna Recipe.
Made with Eggplant and Zucchini Noodles, skinny Ricotta Cheese, Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Marinara Sauce, this is a simple dump and forget Crockpot Lasagna recipe which tastes sooo good. 😍
This Low Carb Lasagna in the Crockpot is especially great for the Summers, when you do not want to heat up the Oven but still crave cheesy Lasagna for dinner.
👩🏻🍳 Slow Cooker Zucchini Lasagna
Slow Cooker Eggplant & Zucchini Lasagna is the best Low Carb Lasagna recipe ever. It's made with Eggplant and Zucchini ribbons so it's naturally gluten-free.
Also, it's so easy to make and of minimal effort, because you don't have to cook the noodles separately.
You're basically just dumping everything and baking in the slow cooker! Isn't it so much fun!!!
I was so skeptical before making this recipe that my Lasagna will not turn out to be perfectly baked as it gets in the oven. But, I was so wrong.
Not only did the Lasagna bake to perfection, but it tasted even better than a traditional Lasagna. Bursting with flavors of Marinara, Garlic, Cheese, and Italian Seasoning, this is so delicious.
Also, it's so effortless and hasslefree! 😍
- 👩🏻🍳 Slow Cooker Zucchini Lasagna
- 🥘 Ingredients
- 👩🏻🍳 Instructions
- STEP 1: Slice Eggplant and Zucchini
- STEP 2: Make Three Cheese Mixture
- STEP 3: Layer the Lasagna and Slow Cook
- STEP 4: Garnish & Serve
- 📋 Substitutions
- 💪 Keto / Low Carb Ground Beef Zucchini Lasagna
- 🍽 Variations
- 🧊 Storage
- 💯 Top tips
- 📖 Other Eggplant Recipes you'll love
- More Healthy Zucchini recipes
- Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna (Crockpot) (Noodle Free)
- Eggplant - Eggplant slices are used in place of noodles (optional). can use any squash of your choice.
- Zucchini - Skipping on traditional noodles, these gluten-free Zucchini Noodles are a healthy alternative that I have used.
- Salt & Pepper - To season the Lasagna
- Ricotta Cheese (skinny) - Low-fat Ricotta Cheese is used in the Three Cheese Mixture.
- Mozzarella Cheese - Mozzarella Cheese gives a cheesy and stringy taste to this Lasagna. This is also used to top the Lasagna.
- Parmesan Cheese - Parmesan Cheese gives a wonderful milky taste
- Italian Seasoning - Italian Seasoning gives true blue Italian flavor to this Lasagna.
- Olive Oil - Olive Oil is used to grease the bottom of the Slow Cooker.
- Marinara Sauce - Marinara Sauce flavors the Zucchini Noodles perfectly and gives you the authentic Lasagna taste.
- Chopped Cilantro - For Garnish
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Slice Eggplant and Zucchini
- Use a Mandolin slicer to slice the Zucchini and Eggplant
- Season them with salt and pepper and let rest for 2 hours
- After 2 hours, squeeze out the excess moisture and drain the water released from the noodles. Pat fry these veggie noodles using a paper towel.
STEP 2: Make Three Cheese Mixture
- To make the Three Cheese Mixture, combine Mozzarella Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, and Skinny Ricotta Cheese
STEP 3: Layer the Lasagna and Slow Cook
- Grease the pot of the Slow Cooker with Olive Oil
- Start Layering. The first layer will be of noodles, followed by the cheese mixture, followed by Marinara Sauce and finally Mozzarella Cheese. Repeat until you use up all your noodles or you reach to the rim of the Slow Cooker.
- Top with a layer of shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
STEP 4: Garnish & Serve
- After 4 hours, garnish with chopped Cilantro.
- Cut the Lasagna and serve.
Remember to drain the water of the veggie noodles before layering them or else your Lasagna WILL GET WATERY!
Hint: I would suggest you Season the Veggie Noodles and place them in the oven and roast at 400F for 8 minutes.
Doing this will get rid of all the moisture from Zucchini and Eggplant Noodles and shall make sure that your Lasagna is baked to perfection and does not get watery!
- Spinach - You can add Spinach to this Lasagna and make it even healthy. You can add baby spinach leaves along with the Marinara Sauce.
- Provolone Cheese - You can replace Parmesan with Provolone Cheese
- Ground Beef - For a meaty version, you can add cooked Ground Beef along with the Marinara Layer.
- Keto - To make this recipe Keto, you can add Proteins like cooked Mushrooms or Spinach, or Ground Beef. But remember to cook them first.
💪 Keto / Low Carb Ground Beef Zucchini Lasagna
- To use Ground Beef, saute it in the skillet with some chopped Onions, Garlic, Cinnamon, Oregano, Salt, Pepper, and Crushed Tomatoes or Marinara Sauce. Once it gets cooked, then use it to layer over the noodles to make your Lasagna layers!
- Also, use Extra Lean Ground Beef for a healthier version.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes or chopped Jalapenos to make this a little spicier.
- Summer Squash - You can replace Eggplant with fresh Summer Squash or Butternut Squash.
- Oven - You can make this Low Carb Lasagna in the oven. Just layer and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350F or 180C.
- Skillet - You can make Low Carb Skillet Lasagna by layering everything in a skillet and cover cook for 10 minutes. After that time, top with shredded Mozzarella Cheese and cover until the cheese melts. Garnish and Serve! Try my White Chicken Skillet Lasagna
This Low Carb Lasagna stays fresh for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. You can make this Lasagna and store it in the refrigerator for a week or freeze it for 3-4 days.
In Fact this tastes the best after 2-3 days of refrigeration. 😊
💯 Top tips
- Soak out the Moisture from the seasoned Eggplant and Zucchini or else your Lasagna will be watery.
- You can roast the veggie noodles by placing them in a greased sheet pan and baking at 400F for 8-10 minutes.
- Cook for 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low in the Slow Cooker
- Use a Mandolin Slicer to slice the Eggplant and Zucchini. It's easy to use and gets you perfect slices of even thickness that get cooked evenly. However, make sure that you use it carefully as the blades of a Mandolin slicer are too sharp. You can wear a cooking glove and then use it to slice the veggies.
📖 Other Eggplant Recipes you'll love
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Casserole
- Eggplant Casserole
- Baked Eggplant Curry - Sri Lankan Eggplant Curry
- Eggplant Lasagna
More Healthy Zucchini recipes
- Crockpot Zucchini Baked Ziti (Low Carb)
- Parmesan Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer
- Lemon Zucchini Pasta Recipe
- Baked Zucchini Casserole (KETO)
- KETO Zucchini Meatballs (No Breadcrumbs)
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Low Carb Keto Zucchini Fritters without Flour
- Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Zucchini and Bell Pepper Tacos
- Vegan Stuffed Zucchini Boats
I hope you liked this recipe of Zucchini Lasagna in the Crockpot. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, share a pic on Instagram and tag me with #recipemagik in your post.
Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna (Crockpot) (Noodle Free)
- 4 medium sized Zucchini
- 4 medium sized Eggplant can replace with summer squash
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
for the Cheese mixture
- 1½ cup Ricotta Cheese skinny
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
for the Lasagna
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil to grease the slow cooker
- 3 cups Mozzarella Cheese for the layers and on top.
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- chopped Parsley for garnish
- Slice Eggplant and Zucchini into thin noodle slices using a Mandolin Slicer. Season them with Salt and Pepper and let rest for 10 minutes. If you donot like Eggplant, skip it and use Zucchini or Yellow Squash instead. After 10 minutes, drain the released water and soak out the excess water by dabbing a paper towel over it
- In a separate bowl, combine shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Ricotta Cheese and Parmesan Cheese. Also, combine Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper with the Cheese mixture. Keep it aside.
- Grease the inside of the Crockpot with Olive Oil. Layer the Lasagna. Start with the veggie noodles, followed by the Three Cheese Mixture, followed by Marinara Sauce and finally a layer or Mozzarella Cheese. Repeat until you use up all the veggie noodles. Top with shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Cover with a lid and slow cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 Hours
- After the Lasagna gets cooked, garnish with chopped Parsley and keep in warm mode until you cut it up and serve.