I Love Eggless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies because they are buttery, soft and chewy! Moreover, these cookies are perfect for all occasions or no occasion at all. In fact, I love baking this 'coz it makes my home smell delicious and immediately transports me to a festive mood. So, Quickly check out the best Eggless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe below.
Oatmeal Raisin cookies are a classic recipe that people make quite often. There are days when you feel like having something chewy! And, here the combination of oatmeal with a touch of ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon gives this cookie a nutty texture and the vanilla essence gives it a nice fragrance. Moreover, this is made without any eggs.
I usually prefer something salty, crunchy and chewy while I am having my morning green tea or my evening black coffee. Without a cookie or a biscuit, I feel empty! But thanks to me, I have finally made a batch of Oatmeal raisin cookies which I can have any time I want at least for a week or two. (if I don't overeat, which I'm telling you is really hard!).
In my home, making cookies is easy. But, saving them up is NOT! My family LOVES cookies and I literally have to hide it from them to save it a little longer. (But, someone please teach me how to hide it from myself?)
Anyway, let's get to business!
Oatmeal is anyway healthy. Now when you use it in your cookie, you automatically make a healthy cookie. The thing with healthy cookies is that you can have as much of it as you want without feeling guilty at all.
Moreover, I really like the combination of Oatmeal and raisins. I guess I might as well call them a match made in heaven. Just like Mint and chocolate in my White Chocolate Mint Fudge Recipe.
Further, the combination of ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon along with a hint of vanilla essence makes this the cookie which will leave you wanting for more.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE EGGLESS OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
As I said, I haven't used eggs to make this recipe and when you try it, I bet you can't tell. Firstly, I have soaked a cup of golden raisins in hot water. This made my raisins cute, plum, soft and juicer. So, to make these oatmeal raisin cookies, you'll need to take a dollop of unsalted butter (kept at room temperature), a cup of powdered white sugar and brown sugar. Now mix them up with a hand mixer or a stand mixer for up to 2 minutes or until it forms a smooth paste-like consistency.
For the dry ingredients, you'll need to mix all-purpose flour with rolled oatmeal. After that, add 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and vinegar. For the baking purpose, I have used 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Both of them helped me work on without even feeling the need for eggs.
Now, mix your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients and let them get married to each other. In other words, give it a nice stir - with a hand mixer or stand mixer - so that the ingredients infuse their flavors into the cookie batter.
Finally, it's time to throw in your raisins into the mixture. Now, you don't want to use a hand mixer as this will break the raisins. Use a plastic or wooden spatula to mix the raisins with the cookie batter.
Now, Preheat your oven at 180C or 350F and bake your cookies for up to 10-12 minutes or until they are brown from the sides. Finally, take them out and let them rest on the cooling tray for some time.
So, now quickly check out the recipe below. Hope you liked this.
Eggless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Powdered White Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 cup Warm Milk
- 1.5 cup Rolled Oatmeal
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup Soaked Raisins
- First Soak a Cup of Raisin in Warm Water
Preparing the Dry Ingredients
- Now Roll oats in a grinder
- Mix oats with the all purpose flour
- Add salt, baking soda and vinegar to it.
Preparing the Wet Ingredients
- Mix melted unsalted butter + brown sugar + powdered white sugar with a hand mixer for two minutes.
- Mix your dry Ingredients with Wet Ingredients.
- Throw in your soaked raisins and stir into a dough with some warm milk.
- Mix in the ground cinnamon + nutmeg powder + vanilla essence with the cookie dough.
- Grease a baking tray with butter/oil and line it with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop to make small shapes of cookie or make small balls and flatten it out with your palms.
- Place the cookies on the baking tray.
- Pre=heat the oven at 180C or 350F
- Let your cookies bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes or unless they are brown from the sides.
- Take them out on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a glass of warm milk.
PIN THIS IMAGE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE