Creamy, crunchy and chewy Easter M&M chocolate chip cookies will leave your taste buds soaked in happiness.
M&M Chocolate Chip cookies taste excellent, no matter when you make. Now, that Easter is around the corner, I thought of making some Easter M&M Chocolate Chip cookies. I have also made these thumbprint Easter M&M Cookies. To make them look more appropriate for Easter, I have simply used pastel-colored M&Ms. This M&M cookie recipe uses no shortening and no eggs.
The BEST Easter M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
What reminded me of baking these M&M cookies is just thinking about Easter. While I was at the shop looking around for things which I have to buy, my eyes went towards some artificial flowers that were put on sale. They were big jumbo colorful flowers and they looked really fresh. Looking at them, I was reminded of Easter and Spring, which is just around the corner. Finally, winter is about to go!
Hence, those jumbo colorful flowers were my inspiration for making these jumbo Easter M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies. Easter and Springtime are totally boring without some vibrant colors. Pastel colors, especially - purple, yellow, blue, green and pink are what we call Easter colors.
To bake these colorful Easter M&M Cookies, I have not done anything special. Just added loads and loads of chocolate chips, funfetti, and M&M.
If you are a fan of M&M like I am, then these cookies will not last on the shelf for long. They are so cute that they'll leave the plate even before you finish off your glass of milk!
How to Make Soft & Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make your M&M cookies soft and chewy there are few simple tricks which I would love to share with you all.
- Use a combination of brown and white sugar: When we use both brown sugar (more) and white sugar (less) we make our cookies moist, caramelized and soft.
- Add cornflour in your dry ingredients: Adding cornflour into your cookie batter makes your cookies chewy and thick.
- Use Melted Butter: Many people say that you should use softened butter and etc. But, my trick is to melt the butter, bring it at room temperature and then use it for my cookie batter.
- Chill the cookie dough: Chilling the cookie dough is the most important step when it comes to baking soft and chewy M&M chocolate chip cookies. Chill it for at least 1 hour.
- Do not whisk more than required: This is especially important after you've added your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. All you have to do is just lightly fold the chocolate chip and M&M into the cookie batter. Do not over mix.
- Don't use more butter - I know we all love butter. But too much butter is not good for our cookie dough. It will make it gooey, liquidy and sticky. We don't want that.
- Let your cookies chill: After you've taken out your cookies, they'll be really soft. So, give them so time to chill. At least 30 minutes. Once they have come down to the room temperature they'll harden up and become tighter.
How to Make these Easter M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
To Make these eggless M&M chocolate chip cookies without shortening you have to cream butter and sugar with a stand mixer or handheld mixer for at least 5 minutes. Once you see them getting light and fluffy (forming peaks) add yogurt, vinegar, and vanilla essence and mix for at least 1 minute at medium speed.
If you are using eggs, then you can skip yogurt and vinegar and use one egg for this step
Now use a siever to sieve refined flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch and a pinch of salt. Add them onto your wet ingredients and fold it well with a rubber spatula. Once everything is combined add M&Ms, rainbow sprinklers and chocolate chips. (I have used white chocolate chips for this recipe because I didn't have any dark chocolate chips while I was making this recipe. You are free to use any of them) and lightly fold them into your cookie dough.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop out small balls of cookie and place them in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake your cookies for at least 8-10 minutes. Take them out and bring them to room temperature. Once they are set and firm, enjoy them with a glass of milk.
Easter M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¼ cup Butter both salted and unsalted works
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Refined Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ Cup M&M
- ⅓ Cup Sprinklers
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 190C or 370F and line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- First cream melted butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy with a stand mixer or a handheld mixer.
- Add yogurt, vinegar and vanilla essence and whisk well for another 1-2 minutes.
- Sieve the dry ingredients - (refined flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cornstarch) with a siever and add them to your wet ingredients.
- Whisk well until everything is combined.
- Add M&M, Rainbow Sprinklers and Chocolate Chips into the cookie dough and lightly fold them into the batter. Your batter should not be very moist. It should be dry and soft.
- Chill the cookie dough after wrapping it with a plastic sheet for 12 hours or a day.
- Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Take them out and keep them on a cooling rack.
- Once they are at room temperature you can serve it with a glass of milk.