Dark Chocolate Brownie Pie - Easy and Quick Dessert recipe that needs you to make a Homemade Pie Crust (of course you can use a storebought pie crust) and then pour dark chocolate brownie batter in it. And, then just bake it for 30-35 minutes and you'll have a decadent Dark Chocolate Brownie pie ready and right in front of you!
What is Brownie Pie?
Brownie Pie? Does that sound new to you? Have you been thinking about what it could mean?
Well, it's just a Brownie that is baked in a Pie Crust. So, basically, we are doing the First step of pie - which is like making the Pie Crust. And, then we are just adding the Brownie Batter in it. So, rather than the Pie filling, we are adding Brownie batter into our baked pie crust.
And, then when you bake it and take it out of the oven, you have your home brimming with excitement. There is happiness in the air and there is that beautiful fragrance of something amazing being baked.
Dark Chocolate Brownie Pie
There is something so amazing about this Brownie Pie recipe. From the moment I saw it, I knew that I need that overdose of Dark Chocolate in my life. That crinkly top with melty dark chocolate on the inside is something that is a feast to every eye.
Dark Chocolate is like everything a person needs when he or she is bored, tired, frustrated, or, simply feeling "meh"! It makes you forget about all the worries in this world and makes you lose yourself in the Creamy, Melty, Chocolaty world of Pure Happiness.
We all love Pies. And, I am sure you love Pies too. Have you tried - Banoffee Pie, Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie, Old Fashioned Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie from Scratch, New York Style Apple Crumb Pie
When we think of pie, we think of Thanksgiving Desserts. We think about Christmas Desserts. And, guess what, this Dark Chocolate Brownie Pie is one of the Best Chocolate Desserts for Thanksgiving.
You know after a hearty Thanksgiving dinner, anything that satisfies the soul has to be something Chocolate. And, I think this dessert should be perfect for that.
How to Make Dark Chocolate Brownie Pie?
- Make Pie Crust: I prefer making my Pie crust at home. You can even purchase your pie crust. Make sure you check the size of your pie dish and then choose a pie crust. While making Pie crust at home, I try to use a combination of shortening and butter. In my experience, when we use a combination of Shortening and butter the pie crust becomes crisp, flaky, buttery, and all the more good.
- Make Brownie Batter: Making Brownie is pretty simple. Just melt Butter and Dark Chocolate in a pan over medium-high heat. Stir well and let it melt completely. Allow this to cool down completely. Into this add Eggs, Vanilla Extract, and Granulated Sugar. Use a wired whisk or a spatula to combine everything together. Don't use a handheld mixer or stand mixer for this step. Now just sieve in Flour, Salt, and Cocoa Powder. Stir well to combine. Make sure no traces of flour is visible and remaining.
- Pour Brownie Batter: Pour Brownie Batter in Pie crust and bake it at 180C or 350F for 30-35 minutes.
Can I use Brownie Mix?
Of Course, you can use a brownie mix. But, I rather prefer making the brownie all by myself at home. There is so much satisfaction in making brownies from scratch at home. You can check out my other brownie recipes such as this - Heart Shaped Chocolate Strawberry Brownies, White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies, Decadent Red Velvet Brownies, Super Fudgy Pecan Pie Brownies
Can I make it Ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this Brownie Pie ahead of time. Just prepare your pie dough and wrap it in a plastic bag. Place it in your fridge or refrigerator if using in a day. If you want to use it the next day or the day after, just make sure you keep the plastic-wrapped pie dough in a freezer-friendly bag and pop it in your freezer. You can freeze this for up to 6-months. But, make sure it is tightly wrapped.
You can even make the pie crust ahead of time. Tightly wrap it in plastic wrap. Place in a freezer-friendly bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible. You can keep this unbaked Pie crust in your freezer for up to 3-months. You can refrigerate unbaked pie crust for 3 days.
You can also refrigerate the unbaked Brownie batter for 3 days. This improves the top gloss of your brownies. Also, the flavors blend in better, resulting in richer tasting brownies. Resting the brownie batter in the refrigerator is always an excellent thing to do.
Before using just make sure you thaw it out by keeping the pie crust & brownie batter on the countertop for 4-5 hours. And, then just pour the brownie batter into your unbaked pie crust. Preheat your oven to 350F and bake it for 30-35 minutes.
How do I Store the Leftovers?
Well, the better question is - Will there be any leftovers? Anyhow, if you are lucky enough to save some of it, just make sure it has cooled down completely. Then tightly wrap it in plastic wrap. Place it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Other Recipes You Can Make:
- Vegan Chocolate Chess Pie - Your Favorite Chess Pie is now Vegan
- Best Homemade Blueberry Pie - Perfect Dessert for Summer
- Mango Cheesecake Brownies with Milk Chocolate - Mango and Milk Chocolate is an excellent combination.
- Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies - Chocolate and Cherry with Cheesecake Swirl. Best ever.
- Super Fudgy Nutella Brownies - Fudgy, Dark, Chocolaty Brownies.
- Salted Caramel Brownies - Perfect Dessert for Fall.
- Fudge Walnut Brownies - Best Combination ever. Chocolate and walnut are the best pair ever.
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag us @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Dark Chocolate Brownie Pie
- 1 Unbaked Flaky Unbaked Pie Crust See recipe link in Notes
Dark Chocolate Brownie
- ¾ Cup Unsalted Butter 170g
- 2 4-ounce Dark Chocolate Bars 226g (coarsely chopped)
- 2 Large Eggs at room temperature
- 1½ Cup Granulated Sugar 300g
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour 125g
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 50g
- ½ Teaspoon Salt ONLY IF USING UNSALTED BUTTER
Make Pie Crust
- Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-inch pie dish with oil or non-stick cooking spray.Prepare Pie Crust: Roll Pie crust on the greased 9-inch pie dish. Crimp the edges with fingers. Prebake Pie Crust at 180C or 350F for 10-minutes. Cool Pie Crust: Once baked, allow it to cool down completely at room temperature.
Make Brownie Batter
- Melt Butter and Dark Chocolate: In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add dark chocolate and butter. Allow it to melt completely. Stir often and make sure it is silky smooth. Take it off the heat, and allow it to cool down completely.
- Add Egg, Sugar, and Vanilla: Add Eggs, Granulated Sugar, and Vanilla Extract. Whisk well using a wired whisk until everything combines. Use a spoon or spatula. There is no need to use a stand mixer or handheld mixer.
- Sieve Flour, Cocoa Powder, and Salt: Into this sieve Flour, Cocoa Powder, and Salt. Sieving the dry ingredients is important to prevent lump formation. Whisk well with a spatula and mix it completely until there are no visible traces of flour.
- Pour Brownie Batter and Bake: Finally, Pour Brownie Batter into Pie crust. Smooth the top of the brownie with a spatula. Allow this to bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 30-35 minutes. Cool it down completely and then serve.
- Here is how to Make Pie Crust at home.
- Allow the Pie Crust to cool down completely before using it further.
- After melting chocolate and butter make sure it cools down completely before adding eggs.
Ask Me Anything