Crispy Baked Bacon - Oven Baked Bacon which is evenly cooked on all sides and nice and crispy, just like the way you find it in the restaurants with minimal efforts and almost zero cleanup. Excellent for Bacon Wrapped Asparagus or Creamed Broccoli with Crispy Bacon and any type of breakfast recipes.
This is one of the best Father's Day Recipes and Mother's Day Breakfast.
This is the best baked bacon recipe ever. And, every single time you will get the best and most crispiest bacon ever.
Your Favorite Thing to Eat for Breakfast ❤️
Bacon in the oven is my favorite thing to eat for breakfast. I'm sure you like bacon for breakfast too.
But, nobody likes to baby sit bacon and turn them again and again.
Messy Stovetop Bacon Just got Tidied Up with Marie Kondo 😜
Cooking bacon can be messy, but cooking it in the oven isn’t.
- Now your Smoke Alarm can stay shut up while you cook bacon in the oven. 😀
- Say Buh Bye to that Ugly spattering of the messy fat that sprays onto you while you stand next to the pan. No need to wear an apron. Your cute tee can remain spotless while you bake up crisp bacon in the oven. 💃
- Sit, relax, sip some coffee rather than standing next to the pan and turning it again and again and again. 🧘♀️🛀
- No need to worry about the pieces on the (outside) corner of the pan and bringing them to the center again and again and again until each one of them is perfectly crispy and evenly cooked.
- And, the best part about these oven baked bacon is that none of them will be overcooked or undercooked. 🥓
Each one of your bacon will evenly cooked on all sides almost like the ones you find in a high-end restaurant. isn't that really amazing?
Whether you want to make it for the crowd or for just one person this recipe for baked bacon is your perfect choice.
Ingredients for delicious oven baked bacon
- bacon - all that you need for this recipe. probably the first time I am making a recipe with just 1-ingredient.
How to Bake Bacon in the oven?
- STEP 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Now you might see a lot of people wanting to make baked bacon without preheating the oven. Well, I would not recommend you to do that. Baking bacon in a cold oven is simply not possible. Because, eventually, when you place bacon in the oven you'll have to start with the preheating process and then bake your bacon. So, basically, it's totally pointless.
- STEP 2: Line a Rimmed Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper/Aluminium Foil
I like to choose a large baking sheet. You can choose your baking sheet depending upon the number of bacons you want to bake. You can either choose to line your rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. or you can line it with an Aluminium Foil.
- STEP 3: Place bacon directly on the parchment paper
You can easily arrange a pound of bacon in a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bacon will anyway shrink when it cooks. So, make sure that they are touching each other. This will make space at the end.
- STEP 3: (ALTERNATE METHOD) : Place bacon on a cooling rack in a baking sheet lined with Aluminium Foil
Once you've lined your rimmed baking sheet with an Aluminium Foil, place an oven safe cooling rack. Use a non-stick cooking spray to grease the cooking rack - or else your bacon will be stuck to the cooking rack and it will be messy. Now place your bacon on the cooling rack.
- STEP 4: Bake your Bacon depending on How Crispy you want your Bacon
Ideally 15-20 minutes is perfectly fine for a thin cut crispy bacon. But, if you've got a thick cut bacon or you want crispier bacon you can amp up the baking time by another 5-10 minutes. Which means you can bake for 25-30 minutes.
- STEP 5: Use Tongs to remove bacon and transfer it to a plate lined with paper towel
Line a plate with paper towel. Use tongs to remove bacon from the baking sheet and place them on the plate lined with paper towel.
Why I prefer Parchment Paper instead of Cooling rack
I learnt about this trick from The Stay at home chef. When you place bacon on a cooling rack the fat or the bacon grease falls off.
This doesn't allow the bacon to cook in its grease. Therefore they are a lot less crispier than the ones placed directly on the parchment paper.
However, if you want healthy baked bacon without much grease or bacon fat then you can line your rimmed baking sheet with an aluminium foil. Place a cooling rack, grease it lightly with non-stick cooking spray. And place your bacon on the cooling rack. Place it in the oven and bake until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
What Kind of Bacon Should I use?
It's important that you choose the right kind of bacon. Center Cut Bacon or Middle Part of the belly is my ideal choice when choosing the best bacon. I usually avoid buying bacon which is not evenly cut.
An unevenly cut bacon will be the part from the shoulder or towards the ham. An unevenly cut bacon will be hard for you to cook.
- American Bacon - One of the most loved bacon made from pork belly. We call it American Bacon because if you'd have to order bacon in any other English Speaking country and you'd say "Bacon" you'd get something completely different.
- Thin Cut or Thick Cut - The thickness of your bacon is really an important factor here in this recipe for oven baked bacon. Why? Because the amount of time cook your bacon in the oven depends entirely on thin cut or thick cut. If you are using a thin cut bacon then bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Or else if you are using a thick cut bacon then bake at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes depending upon how crispy you want it.
- Turkey Bacon - I don't recommend Turkey Bacon. Although, it might be quite unusual for someone who is used to Turkey Bacon. But, I personally like Pork Bacon. Its crispier, fattier, and a lot more like what I want to eat.
What Should I Do with the Bacon Grease?
If you have some Bacon Grease on the parchment paper or Aluminium Foil, don't throw it off. You can do the following.
- Allow your Bacon grease to cool down completely for 10-15 minutes.
- Add it to Creamed Spinach or Spicy Hot Creamed Corn or Creamed Broccoli
- You can of course fry up some eggs.
You can store your crispy baked Bacon for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it for 2-months.
If using frozen bacon then make sure thaw it in the oven completely.
What Can I make with Crispy Bacon
- Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip - Garnish your Dip with some Crispy bacon crumbles.
- Velveeta Sausage Dip - Bacon would make it all the more tastier
- Grandma's Broccoli Casserole - Crispy bacon would make it some amazing.
- Fried Egg Sandwich with Grilled Cheese
Crispy Baked Bacon
- 6-7 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or an aluminium foil.
- You can either place the bacon directly on the parchment paper or you can place them on a cooling rack placed on an aluminium foil. If you are using a cooling rack then grease it lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pop it in the oven. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. If you are thick cut bacon or you want your bacon crispier then bake for 25-30 minutes or until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
Such an easy way to cook Bacon! Love this!!!