Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach is a healthy and creamy comforting bowl of dinner soup recipe. This uses very simple ingredients and is an absolutely delicious family-friendly meal.
Chicken Orzo Soup is a healthy and quick soup recipe. Orzo is rice-shaped pasta but cooks even quicker than rice. These puff up in no time. This Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup is super comforting and delicious. Have you tried my Creamy Garlic Parmesan Orzo or Spinach Ricotta Orzo stuffed Peppers?
A perfect Cold Weather Chicken Soup with Orzo
This cold and snowy day calls for some lemony tang to brighten things up. I love to use Lemon, especially in my soups to bring in a refreshing tang and freshness to the soup. If you love Lemon based recipes then you should try my Lemon Chicken Fettucine Alfredo.
Refreshing & Healthy Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup Recipe
This Healthy Chicken Orzo Soup with a refreshing zest of Lemon and the goodness of Spinach is just so good. Also, the extreme creaminess of this soup because of the Orzo makes this taste extremely comforting and delicious.
Making this Creamy & Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach
This Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach is super easy to make.
All you need to do is saute the Spinach with some Onions, Garlic, Carrots, and Celery. Also, add the chicken. Now, stir in the flour and the Broth. I use Low-Sodium Chicken Broth. You can use Vegetable Broth or just water.
Stir to combine everything. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
Take the chicken off the pan and shred it separately using two forks. Keep it aside.
Now, add the Orzo and cook for 10 minutes or until the Pasta gets cooked. Stir in the Shredded Chicken.
Finally, stir in some Lemon Juice, Salt & Pepper. Serve hot with some chopped Parsley on top!
Making Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach
Of course, you can make this Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach in the Instant pot as well.
Start by sauteeing the Veggies along with chicken and some flour in the saute mode in your Instant Pot. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
Now, add the Broth and set it in the Soup Setting. Pressure cook for 7 minutes. Allow the steam to release on its own.
Get the Chicken pieces out and shred them using two forks. Add the Orzo and some more broth. Set in Saute mode and Cook for 6 more minutes uncovered.
Finally, stir in the Shredded Chicken. Stir to combine.
Stir in the Lemon Juice, Chopped Parsley, Salt & Pepper.
Some quick tips to make the best Chicken Orzo Soup
- You can use Chicken Thigs instead of Chicken Breasts
- You can use cooked rotisserie chicken to make Chicken Orzo Soup. However for a perfect Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup with Rotisserie Chicken, remember to add the cooked chicken along with the Orzo, so that it does not get overcooked.
- For more Lemony flavors, garnish with some Lemon zest. Although be very careful to use just a little bit of it as it tends to make the soup bitter
- Do not add Lemon juice while cooking the Soup. Only stir it in after you've cooked the entire soup.
- If by the time you're adding the Orzo, all the water is soaked up, you can add more Broth.
To freeze this soup, freeze without adding the Orzo. After you've thawed it overnight in the refrigerator, stir in the orzo, cook for 10 minutes and then serve!
Other Soup Recipes to Try:
Vegan Black Bean Enchilada Soup
Healthy White Bean Enchilada Soup
Potato Leek Soup (Without Heavy Cream or Creme Fraiche)
Thai Curried Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
Best Spinach Soup Recipe with Crispy Garlic Croutons
Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
Traditional Brown Lentil Soup Recipe
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach
- 1½ stalk Celery chopped
- 1 medium sized Carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Onion finely chopped
- 4-5 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ cup Chopped Spinach
- 1½ tablespoon Flour
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 lbs Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup Orzo
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Chopped Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan. As the oil shimmers, add the chopped veggies and saute over medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Now, add the Chicken. Also, add the flour, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Now, pour in the Chicken Broth and cover cook for 15 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Now, stir in the uncooked Orzo. If all the water is absorbed, then add more broth and cover cook the orzo for 10 minutes.
- Remove the Chicken From the pot and shred it using two forks. Stir in the Shredded Chicken in the Soup.
- Garnish the Soup with chopped Parsley. Add Lemon juice and more salt & pepper if required. Serve hot!
- You can replace Chicken Breasts with Chicken Thighs
- For more pronounced Lemon flavors, stir in 1/4 teaspoon of Lemon Juice, after you've cooked it.
- You can freeze this soup, without the Orzo. Thaw and then add the Orzo to the soup.
- You can replace Broth with Water.
- For a creamy taste and texture, you can add some Heavy Cream.
Ask Me Anything