These Shrimp Skewers are super easy to make tossed in a sweet and sticky Asian glaze. 10 min, Very Minimal Prep and of course, its low carb.
Serve this with steamed veggies, Cooked Rice or Quinoa or Cauliflower Rice for a quick Healthy and Low Carb summer dinner recipe.
I always have a secret love for Asian food. Growing up Asian food was a common thing in my home. My mom used to make Asian Chicken Meatballs or noodles or Asian Glazed Chicken at least once every week for dinner and it was our favorite night!
We all love Asian food and of course, owing to my Asian background and love for spicy food I am always excited about Asian Dinners.
I love Asian flavored Recipes for a quick summer meal like this Grilled Chicken Drumsticks or Grilled Teriyaki Chicken or these Grilled Tofu Kabobs
Planning for a summer cookout?
You will love these delicious Grilled Shrimps. Seafood Skewers, are everyone's favorite and when you serve for a summer dinner, its just so much fun!
More Grilled Dinner Recipes
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers
- Grilled Honey Lemon Basil Chicken Thighs
These Grilled Shrimp Skewers takes just 5 minutes to prepare! Juicy and delicious Shrimps with the most amazing Asian Glaze is so easy to cook.
Also the Shrimps get super juicy and full of flavors.
Asian Marinated Shrimp Skewers
Shrimps are marinated with Soy Sauce, Sriracha, Garlic Powder, Sweet Chili Sauce, Vinegar, and Coconut Oil are full of Asian flavors.
I love Asian flavors. Its a perfect fakeaway takeaway meal which we love! Also its not too spicy and nor too sweet! And of course! its Low Carb and Healthy Grilled Shrimps.
More Asian Shrimp Recipes
- Air Fryer Firecracker Shrimp
- (15-min) Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli
- Green Curry Shrimp
- Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp
- Peanut Shrimp Pad Thai
- Honey Bourbon Shrimp
- Crispy Honey Sesame Shrimp
- Bang Bang Shrimp
FOR THE MARINADE
- Soy Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Coconut Oil
FOR THE SKEWERS
- Shrimps - peeled and de veined
- Lemon juice - for garnish
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How do you make Shrimp Skewers?
Making Grilled Shrimp is so easy. Here is Step by Step directions on making the perfect Grilled Shrimp Skewers.
Combine all the marinade ingredients along with the Shrimps, into a large bowl and mix thoroughly until combined.
Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 min to 1 hour.
Meanwhile soak the Bamboo skewers in water.
Knead the Shrimps into skewers.
Brush Coconut oil in the grill pan or grill grates.
Grill the Shrimp skewers for 3-4 min (each side) over high heat.
Once grilled remove carefully. Garnish with chopped Cilantro and Lemon Juice. Serve immediately.
Hint: Do not Grill Shrimp for a long time or else it will get chewy. Learn how to grill Shellfish perfectly!
Can I substitute Shrimp?
If you do not love Shrimps or are allergic to it, you can replace Shrimp with Chicken or Steaks.
For vegan substitutes you can use Tofu or Tempeh with Veggies like Bell Peppers, Zucchini & Red Onions.
Tips to make the Best Shrimp Skewers
- Do not over cook the Shrimps or else they will get chewy
- Remember to marinade the shrimps for at least 30 min
- Knead the Shrimps tightly into skewers so that they do not break apart.
- Tamari - you can use Tamari or Gluten Free Soy Sauce as an alternative.
- Spicy - Add more of Sriracha or Red Pepper flakes to make Spicy Shrimp Skewers.
- Sweet - if you want sweet Shrimp Skewers use more of the Sweet Chili Sauce or Honey in the marinade. You can also drizzle honey on top after grilling the Shrimps.
- Crispy Shrimp - Lightly dust the Shrimps with Almond flour or flour before grilling. This allows the marinade to stick to the shrimps and also they get very crispy after grilling!
Storing, Freezing & Reheating instructions
Refrigerate: Marinate the Shrimps and refrigerate in an aright bag for about a week.
Freeze: Freeze marinated Shrimps for 2-3 months. Remember to store it only in an airtight freezer friendly zip lock bag.
Reheating - Do not store cooked Shrimps as they will taste bad upon thawing. You can simply freeze the uncooked marinated Shrimps and go straight from Freezer to the oven. Grill for a little longer than you would do usually. (About 5 min each side)
More Shrimp recipes for Dinner
The best Shrimp Skewers (with Asian Glaze)
- 1 pound Shrimp peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoon Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- Add all the ingredients to make the marinade in a large bowl along with the Shrimps. Toss to combine everything thoroughly. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Meanwhile soak the Bamboo skewers in water.
- Knead the Shrimps tightly in the skewers.
- Heat the Grill Pan or Outdoor Grill or Grill Pan. Brush Coconut Oil in the grates or the pan. Add the Shrimp skewers to the grill pan and cook for 3-4 min (each side). Once cooked, carefully remove from the Grill and set aside
- Garnish with Lemon juice and freshly chopped Cilantro. Serve immediately.
wow!! love the taste of this recipe