Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles with a small cube of Cream Cheese in between makes for a quick and easy Easter Side Dish recipe. These Bacon Wrapped Asparagus bundles gets ready in just 15 min from scratch and are extremely delicious.💚😋
Salty, Buttery, Savory and Healthy Asparagus recipe with a small cube of Cream cheese in between is not your average Vegetable Side Dish.
The crispy and salty bacon takes these healthy greens to the next level. Even for all those people who do not love Asparagus, you will enjoy these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus for sure!❤️❤️😍
Perfect Side Dish
This Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is my go-to side dish. Be it for a big dinner like Easter or just to add something to my Charcuterie Board or a quick snack or a Vegetable Side to go with Fried Chicken or Roasted Duck or Skillet Cornbread or Smashed Potatoes, I make these!😍😋
😋 What does it taste like?
I know, before you even think about attempting this recipe, you would love to know how this taste! Right!
Well, these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles are crispy and salty on the outside, because of the Bacon, obviously!😇
Then you have juicy and tender Asparagus along with that perfect creaminess of Cream Cheese!😍😍
Honestly! that small cube of Cream Cheese works like a magic! Its what I call the magical ingredient in my Bacon Wrapped Asparagus!! Its seriously SO GOOD!😍😍😍
💪 Keto Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
Just look at that color! All that green with crispy fried Bacon! And baked cream cheese oozing out from the center!!!
Its obviously Healthy, Keto and Low Carb but is beyond delicious...
- Perfect Side Dish
- 😋 What does it taste like?
- 💪 Keto Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 🥘 Ingredients Needed to make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 🧑🍳 How to make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Cream Cheese
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- STEP 1: TRIM OFF THE ASPARAGUS
- STEP 2: TOSS ASPARAGUS WITH OLIVE OIL
- STEP 3: WRAP ASPARAGUS WITH CREAM CHEESE & BACON
- STEP 4: COOK
- 🤔 Is this Healthy?
- 🤔 Is this Keto?
- 🤔 How do you know when Asparagus is done in the oven?
- 🤔 Do you need to wash Asparagus before cooking?
- What part of Asparagus do you cut off?
- 💯 Top Tips to make the Best Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 🧊 How to store these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus?
- 🤔 Can I make these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus ahead of time?
- 😍 More Side Dish Recipes
- RECIPE CARD
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
🥘 Ingredients Needed to make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- Asparagus spears (trimmed)
- Thick Cut Bacon (strips)
- Cream Cheese (cubed)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cracked Black Pepper
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
🧑🍳 How to make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Cream Cheese
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
STEP 1: TRIM OFF THE ASPARAGUS
- So arrange all the Asparagus in a line and trim off about 1 to 1 1/2 inches from the the bottom.
- The bottom part of the Asparagus will be woody and whitish in color. Its the non edible part.
- You need to cut off these non edible parts and discard, them.
- This is an easy method and you get rid off all the stalks pretty quickly.
- OR, Just take the Asparagus between your forefinger and thumb and bend until the end snaps. The dry part will snap off easily, leaving you with the juicy and tender edible part of Asparagus.
STEP 2: TOSS ASPARAGUS WITH OLIVE OIL
- Place the chopped Asparagus in a sheet pan
- Drizzle Olive Oil over the Asparagus
- Also, add a rind or two of cracked Black Pepper over the Asparagus.
- Toss to combine.
STEP 3: WRAP ASPARAGUS WITH CREAM CHEESE & BACON
- Bundle up the Asparagus into 8 bundles.
- You can use 2-4 Asparagus spears in one bundle. It depends on the thickness of the Asparagus spears. (Generally early season Asparagus spears are thinner and juicer as compared to end of season)
- Place a small cube of Cream Cheese in between each bundle.
- Wrap the Bacon strip. Start from the midpoint and go all the way up to the top. Slightly overlap the starting point to secure the bundle tightly
- Repeat with the remaining bundles.
- Place these Asparagus Bundles in the sheet pan, seam side down.
STEP 4: COOK
GRILL - You can Grill these Asparagus Bundles. Just heat up the grill and place these bundles and cook for 10-12 minutes or until they get crisp.
AIR FRYER - Air Fryer is the easiest appliance to cook these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles. You can just place these bundles (as many fits), seam side down in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 min @400°F and then flip and cook the other side for 7-8 more minutes.
OVEN - This is the easiest method to cook these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles. Just Place them in a sheet pan and roast @400°F for 15-20 minutes.
STOVE TOP: I do not like this method as when Bacon cooks on the stove top it splatters (a lot!) However, if you have to, then just heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle some Olive Oil in it. As the oil shimmers, add the Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles, seam side down and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the Bacon Browns and the Asparagus, tenderizes. Flip and cook the other side as well.
🤔 Is this Healthy?
Well, honestly, this is not too healthy! But this isn't unhealthy as well. You are using Asparagus which so healthy. Just use more of Asparagus in one bundle and you have a more nutritious bundle.
🤔 Is this Keto?
Yes, these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with cream cheese are Keto, Low Carb, Whole 30 and Paleo friendly.
🤔 How do you know when Asparagus is done in the oven?
When the Asparagus color changes to somewhat deep green and the edges becomes light golden brown in color, you know that your Asparagus are cooked.
🤔 Do you need to wash Asparagus before cooking?
Yes of course! Washing Asparagus spears before cooking will get rid of dirt and pesticides (if any). Also, pat them dry with a clean and dry kitchen towel before use.
What part of Asparagus do you cut off?
You need to trim off the stem. The general rule of thumb is to trim off the base, the bottom of the spear, right where the color turns from white to green.
💯 Top Tips to make the Best Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- Use fresh Asparagus which are thin, long and juicy
- Use thick strip Bacon as they are easier to wrap
- Use Cream Cheese which has been brought to room temperature
- Use good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Make these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles in the Oven or Air Fryer for ease of cooking.
🧊 How to store these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus?
I would not recommend you to freeze these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles. However, you can keep them in an airtight container and refrigerator upto a week.
To reheat Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, preheat the oven to 375F and reheat these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles in a sheet pan for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles in the air fryer.
🤔 Can I make these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus ahead of time?
YES! Of Course! I do it all the time! Trim and wrap the Asparagus with Bacon and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Get them out right before cooking and cook for 3-4 extra minutes.
😍 More Side Dish Recipes
- Green Beans Almondine
- Crispy Fried Green Beans
- Cauliflower au Gratin
- Miso Carrots (Roasted)
- Brown Sugar Maple Glazed Carrots
- Honey Sriracha Glazed Carrots
I hope you make this recipe soon! if you happen to make this recipe, then please comment below or tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 lbs Asparagus Spears trimmed (about 24 spears)
- 8 strips Thick Cut Bacon
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz Cream Cheese cut into 1" cubes
- Trim the Asparagus: Arrange the Asparagus in a single line. Trim off 1 to 1 1/2 inches from the end and discard away the stalk which will be dry and whitish in color or just take it between your forefinger and thumb, and snap the dry woody part.
- Toss with Olive Oil & Black Pepper: Place these Asparagus in a sheet pan. Drizzle Olive Oil and cracked Black Pepper on top. Toss to combine everything.
- Wrap with Bacon: Divide the Asparagus into bundle of eight (since we have eight bacon strips). You can use 2-4 Asparagus spears in one bundle, it all depends on the thickness of the spear. Place a small cube of Cream Cheese in center and then bundle up the Asparagus. Start wrapping a single strip of Bacon from the midpoint and go all the way up to the top. Slightly overlap the starting point to secure the bundle. Repeat with the remaining bundles. Place these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus bundles in the sheet pan, seam side down.
- Grill: If you need to Grill these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles, place them on a hot grill and grill for 10-12 min
- Air Fryer: Place these Asparagus Bundles in the Air Fryer and cook @400°F for 10-12 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for 8 more minutes.
- Oven: Place these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles in a sheet pan. Bake @400F for 15-20 minutes.
- Stove: Heat a large non stick skillet. Drizzle Olive Oil. As the oil shimmers, add the Bacon Wrapped Asparagus bundles in the skillet, as much fits, seam side down and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the Bacon browns. Flip and cook the other side as well, until the Bacon browns and the Asparagus tenderizes.
- Serve it hot or at room temperature.