If you are a fan of Barbeque Steak like us then you surely must have heard about the famed Carne Asada. It consists of juicy slices of Marinated Flank Steak that are seasoned to perfection and grilled. Anyone can make it easily at home even without a barbeque grill, but there is just one catch. It is not that easy to season Carne Asada! People often end up seasoning it too much or even worse, under-seasoning it! But don’t worry, because we are here with a seasoning mix so perfect that you will never get a bad slice of Carne Asada! Just keep on reading and you will soon be impressing your Abuela with your homemade and Authentic Carne Asada Seasoning! 😍😍
- 🤔 What is Carne Asada Seasoning?
- 🤔 What is Carne Asada Seasoning made of?
- 👩🍳 How to make Carne Asada Seasoning
- 🤔 How do you use Mexicano Carne Asada Seasoning?
- 😍 Variations for Carne Asada Seasoning
- 🌱 Is this Carne Asada seasoning Vegan and Gluten Free?
- 🧂How to store Carne Asada seasoning?
- 💯 Tips to make Carne Asada Seasoning better
- 🤔 Can I use this Carne Asada seasoning for a wet marinade?
- 🤔 Can I use Carne Asada Seasoning for other recipes?
- 🧂 Other Seasoning Recipes
- Authentic Carne Asada Seasoning
🤔 What is Carne Asada Seasoning?
Carne asada as we already mentioned is Grilled Steak. But what makes Carne Asada different from the rest is it's seasoning.
Considering that Carne Asada is Mexican in origin, you can imagine how flavourful and full of spices it's seasoning mix must be!
To just name a few spices, a typical Carne Asada seasoning will include Mexican Chilli Powder, Cumin, and Paprika.
Carne Asada seasoning can be used for both dry rub for meat and a wet marinade. In fact, you can go ahead and use this seasoning for other recipes as well! This seasoning mix is so versatile that it goes along great with both Meat and even Vegetables. So even if you are not looking to grill meat, you can still make this seasoning mix for your other recipes!
🤔 What is Carne Asada Seasoning made of?
You will not be needing to import anything from Mexico to make this authentic seasoning for your carne asada. You will be easily able to find all of the ingredients given below at any nearby stores. And if by chance you are not able to find a spice, then we'll tell you an easy alternative that you can use instead!
1. Mexican Chilli Powder
2. Ground Cumin
3. Dried Oregano
4. Onion Powder
5. Kosher Salt
6. Ground White Pepper
7. Smoked Paprika
8. Garlic Powder
👩🍳 How to make Carne Asada Seasoning
Making Seasoning Mix is always so easy that even beginners in cooking can become expert spice masters.
And our Carne Asada Seasoning is no different. As an even more added bonus, you don't even need any special equipment like a spice grinder or a blender to make this carne asada seasoning! Just Five Minutes and your Carne Asada Seasoning will be ready in no time!
1. All you need to do is take a large bowl and combine all the ingredients in it. Use a small spoon to mix everything thoroughly.
2. Make sure that your bowl and spoon has no water droplets or moisture on it. Otherwise your seasoning mix can get wet and this will cause it to go bad.
3. Your asada carne is now ready! You can use it fresh, or instead make a large batch at once and store it away securely for future use.
You can use Mexican Carne Asada seasoning for Marinated Steaks, and even your Grilled Vegetables and Potatoes. It adds a nice punch of taste and spicy touch to anything. Besides that, you can obviously use a tablespoon of this to flavor your Tacos, Burritos and Quesadillas.
😍 Variations for Carne Asada Seasoning
Just because this Carne Asada Seasoning is a traditional one doesn't mean you cannot add some fun variations to it!
Don't worry about offending the sticklers for tradition and just try your hand at a little experimenting!
From Italian Mexican fusion to Sweet and Spicy Style Seasoning, we'll tell you the best variations out there for your Carne Asada!
1. You can add an Italian taste to your Carne Asada Seasoning by adding some specific Dried Herbs to it, like Dried Thyme and Basil. You can also add Garlic Powder to get extra flavour points!
2. If spicy is not your favourite taste then you can always go for a sweeter version of Carne Asada Seasoning. Just add a little Brown Sugar to balance the spiciness with sweetness. This seasoning variation will especially go great with grilled Meat recipes and Marinades!
3. If you feel that your Carne Asada seasoning is not hitting your spice level then just add in some Cayenne Pepper for Extra Heat!
4. You can make authentic Texas style Carne Asada by using Texas Chilli Powder instead of Mexican Chilli Powder. In addition to that also include Black Pepper for that extra spicy taste.
🌱 Is this Carne Asada seasoning Vegan and Gluten Free?
Yes, this seasoning mix of Carne Asada is absolutely Vegans and Gluten Free. It contains no animal or wheat products. Vegans can go ahead and use this seasoning to give their veggie barbeque a touch of Mexican taste!
🧂How to store Carne Asada seasoning?
Storing carne asada seasoning is pretty simple and easy just like any other seasoning mix. You can even preserve your carne asada seasoning for as long as six months if you get it right! Just follow some easy tips and instructions below to get the best use of your homemade seasoning!
1. Select an air-tight glass bottle/jar to store your carne asada seasoning. This way your seasoning mix will stay fresh and preserved for a long duration as it is protected from outside moisture and air.
2. A dark and cool place will work the best for keeping your bottle/jar of carne asada seasoning. Heat and light puts your seasoning at easy risk of faster deterioration, so keep your bottled seasoning at safe places like a kitchen cabinet or shelf.
3. Keep a close watch on your bottle of carne asada seasoning. If you notice it's smell fading along with the colour going dull, then it's time to make a new batch of seasoning!
💯 Tips to make Carne Asada Seasoning better
1. You don't need to follow the recipe's measurements to the dot. Adjust and tweak them to your taste preferences.
2. Feel free to make your own variations to the seasoning! You don't need to keep it authentic.
3. You can add more Dried Herbs like Thyme and Basil to make an Italian style Carne Asada.
4. This Carne Asada seasoning can be used both as a wet marinade and a dry rub, but a dry rub is more preferable.
🤔 Can I use this Carne Asada seasoning for a wet marinade?
Yes, you can use this carne asada seasoning to make a wet marinade for your meat! Just mix it with a little neutral tasting oil and your wet marinade is ready for use!
🤔 Can I use Carne Asada Seasoning for other recipes?
🧂 Other Seasoning Recipes
- Homemade Breakfast Sausage Seasoning
- French Fries Seasoning Powder
- Homemade Meatloaf Seasoning
- Italian Seasoning (You Already Have The Ingredients On Hand)
- Cajun Seasoning Recipe
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- Homemade Old Bay Seasoning
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
Authentic Carne Asada Seasoning
- 2½ teaspoon Mexican Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- combine all the ingredients in a clean and dry mixing bowl using a clean and dry spoon.
- Store in a clean and dry glass jar or spice jar.