Feel Good Lettuce Wraps
Salmon Lettuce WrapsThese healthy Salmon Lettuce Wraps with sweet and sticky Asian glaze, is a satisfying Asian recipe. Simple, but full of flavors, this is a family favorite Asian dinner recipe.
Whenever we visit P.F Chang's These Lettuce Wraps are one of my favorite. They are healthy and low carb meals which is such a great thing, especially in a chain like P.F. Chang's where its all very delicious but sometimes too much carbs owning to deep fried Chicken.
However, quickly this has become my go to grab and go dish! We enjoy Asian Chicken Lettuce wraps the most!
Last weekend, I was craving some takeout food, but being on a budget and month end, prevented me from doing so. However, I opened the fridge and saw this can of Salmon along with a big box of fresh Lettuce.
I knew I had to make my favorite Asian Lettuce Wraps but with Salmon.
Just the idea of a fish Lettuce Wrap with Asian glaze got me super excited.
And it turns out that its actually super easy to make as well!
- Salmon Lettuce Wraps
- More P.F Chang's Copycat Recipes
- How to make Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 🧊 How to Store Lettuce Wraps
- How to use Leftover?
- What goes well with Lettuce Wrap?
- 💯 FAQs in brief
- What Lettuce is best for Lettuce Wraps?
- Are Lettuce Wraps better than bread?
- How do you keep Lettuce Wraps from falling apart?
- Asian Salmon Lettuce Wraps
Unlike P.F. Chang's where the Chicken is deep fried and coated with excessive sweet sauce, I have baked and flaked the salmon.
Still, they are so crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside! So Good!
Also, my sauce uses no additional sugar. Just some Honey to balance out the other flavors.
This easy Lettuce Wrap recipe gets prepared in just 15 minutes from scratch.
More P.F Chang's Copycat Recipes
- Bang Bang Chicken
- Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Mongolian Chicken
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Lo Mein Noodles
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Honey Chicken
- Crispy Honey Sesame Shrimp
- Salmon - I have used canned Salmon. You can use fresh Salmon as well.
- Lettuce leaves - I use the inner leaves from a Romaine heart or Ice berg Lettuce.
- Cilantro and Sesame Seeds - for garnish
FOR THE ASIAN GLAZE
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Light Soy Sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Chopped Ginger
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Asian Lettuce Wraps
This recipe uses Salmon, instead of Chicken. However, feel free to swap Salmon with Tuna or Ground Chicken or Pork or Tofu or even Chickpeas for vegetarian options.
STEP 1: ROAST THE SALMON
- Add the Drained and Dried Salmon in a large bowl
- Toss with salt and pepper
- Roast @400F for 10-15 minutes. Flip after 7-8 minutes to roast evenly.
- After it gets roasted, flake using two forks and set aside.
STEP 2: MAKE ASIAN GLAZE
- Add Honey, Sesame Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Minced Garlic & Ginger in a mason jar. Seal the lid and shake to combine.
- Pour this sauce in a skillet
- Simmer over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce gets sticky.
STEP 3: SPOON THE MIXTURE
- Spoon a tablespoon of cooked rice and the Salmon flakes carefully into individual Lettuce leaves.
- Top with the Asian glaze.
- Garnish with Sesame Seeds, chopped Green Onions, a drizzle of Sriracha, toasted Peanuts and Red Pepper Flakes (if desired)
This recipe for Lettuce wraps is Gluten Free. However make sure that the Soy Sauce and Hoisin Sauce which you're using is Gluten Free. If you cannot find a GF Version, you can replace these two with Tamari.
🧊 How to Store Lettuce Wraps
- Salmon filling - you can store the roasted, flakes Salmon, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-6 days. Store the lettuce leaves separately. Here's how to perfectly store Lettuce fresh for long.
FREEZE - You can freeze the leftover Salmon filling, in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Do not freeze the Lettuce leaves.
REHEAT - Reheat in the microwave with a splash of water or in the skillet over low heat until heated through.
How to use Leftover?
Leftovers can be mixed with Rice or Noodles and bulked up. For Low Carb alternative, you can use Quinoa. It bulks up the leftovers and is loved by all.
You can also mix leftovers with scrambled eggs.
What goes well with Lettuce Wrap?
Lettuce Wraps is a wholesome meal in itself, because it has Rice as well as Fish. Also, Lettuce Wraps can be enjoyed as a healthy appetizer on its own.
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Easy Lo Mein Noodles
- Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
- Miso Sesame Udon Noodles
- Schezwan Noodles
- Black Pepper Noodles
- Ramen Noodles Stir Fry
- Vegetable Pad Thai
- (10-min) Chili Garlic Udon Stir Fry
- Asian Cucumber Red Onion Salad
💯 FAQs in brief
What Lettuce is best for Lettuce Wraps?
Iceberg Lettuce. Its got perfectly round shaped leaves which holds the filling nicely.
Are Lettuce Wraps better than bread?
Yes of course! Bread is full of calories while Lettuce is so healthy.
How do you keep Lettuce Wraps from falling apart?
Use fresh Crisp Lettuce leaves. Do not use limp leaves as they easily fall apart. Also, do not over stuff the leaves with filling.
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Asian Salmon Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 3 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce light
- 3 cloves Garlic pressed
- ½ inch Ginger grated
- 12 oz Salmon canned, drained
- 8 large Romaine Lettuce inner leaves
- Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Sriracha for garnish
- Add the drained and dried Salmon in a large mixing bowl. Toss with salt and pepper. Roast @400F for 10-15 min. Flip after 7-8 minutes to roast evenly. After the Salmon gets roasted, flake using two forks.
- Add Honey, Hoisin Sauce, Sesame Oil, Garlic, Ginger, Apple Cider Vinegar and Soy Sauce in a mason jar. Seal the lid and shake until combined. Pour this sauce in a skillet. Simmer the sauce over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce gets sticky.
- Spoon a tablespoon of cooked rice and Salmon flakes into the lettuce leaves. Top with Asian glaze. Garnish with chopped Spring Onions, Sesame Seeds, a drizzle of Sriracha and Red Pepper Flakes. You can also garnish with some toasted and crushed Peanuts (if desired). Serve immediately.