Soft and fluffy Apple Sheet Cake with a layer of Salted Caramel Frosting is one of the easiest and delicious Fall dessert recipes. A delicious layer of Salted Caramel over Apple Sheet Cake is the best fall cake that you would want to bite in right away. This is so easy to make and tastes super delicious. 😋
The beautiful season of ember red Leaves, crisp fall air and the season of Apples is here. I just love Fall. It's the perfect time to bake some delicious desserts. Also, since the holidays are just knocking at the door, it's time to get started with the fall baking.
This Salted Caramel Apple Sheet Cake is one of my favorites. I love the soft and gooey Apple Sheet Cake and that gorgeous Salted Caramel frosting on top is just soo good. 😋
🍎 Easy Caramel Apple Sheet Cake for Fall
I think I am in love with Caramel and Apples. Honestly, Caramel and Apples are a match made in heaven.
I think caramel brings out the sweetness of apples and tastes like a true blue fall heaven in itself. Have you tried my:
- Salted Caramel Apple Crisp Bars with Maple Glaze
- Caramel Pecan Apple Crumble Cheesecake
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Pecan Cobbler
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Brownies
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars
- Caramel Custard
For my Fall Baking, I love to use Apples. Especially Tarty Granny Smith Apples are my favorite. They bake to perfection and the best part, you can use them skin on. The skin doesn't stick to your teeth and in fact, the apples bakes perfectly to a small and mushy chunk and tastes so good. 🍎🍎
You can also use Pink Lady Apples or Honey Crisp Apples for all your fall baking. Its sooo good. For this recipe of Cinnamon Apple Sheet Cake, I have used Pink Lady Apples.
Have you tried my other favorite Apple Desserts for fall 🍎🍁
- Apple Hand Pies in Air Fryer
- Apple Crisp Baked Brie
- Cinnamon Apple Bread with Cream Cheese and Vanilla Sugar Glaze
- Salted Caramel Apple Crisp Bars with Maple Glaze
- Stuffed Baked Apples with Walnuts, Raisins, and Cranberries
- Classic Old Fashioned Apple Pie
- Brown Butter Apple Blondies with Pecan Nuts
- New York-Style Apple Crumb Pie
- No-Bake Apple Coconut Squares
- Crunchy & Sweet Mini Condensed Milk Apple Tarts
- Southern Fried Apples with Vanilla Ice Cream & Salted Caramel Drizzle
- 🍎 Easy Caramel Apple Sheet Cake for Fall
- 🥘 Ingredients
- 👩🍳 How to make Salted Caramel Apple Sheet Cake
- 🥘 How to make Homemade Salted Caramel?
- 🍮 How to store Salted Caramel?
- 🧊 Storage
- 💯 Top tips on baking the Best Cinnamon Apple Sheet Cake
- What's the difference between Sheet Cake and Regular Cake?
- What makes Texas Sheet Cake Different?
- Do you have to peel Apples for Cake?
- What is a good apple for a cake?
- Apple Sheet Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting
For the Cake
- Pink Lady Apples finely chopped (with the skin)
- AP Flour
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Cinnamon
- Dark Brown Sugar packed
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Eggs cracked
- Unsalted Butter
For Salted Caramel Frosting
- Granulated Sugar
- Salted Butter
- Sea Salt
- Heavy Cream or milk
See recipe card for quantities.
👩🍳 How to make Salted Caramel Apple Sheet Cake
STEP 1: Whisk the dry ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 210C and grease a sheet pan with oil or butter.
- Whisk Flour, Baking soda, Brown sugar, Granulated sugar, kosher salt and Cinnamon in a bowl.
STEP 2: Melt Butter in a pan
- Heat water in a saucepan. Add the butter and allow it to melt over low heat. Whisk until combined.
- As the butter mixture comes to a boil, turn off the heat and stir in the Dry ingredients
- Fold this until combined.
STEP 3: Add the Apples
- Gently fold in the chopped Apples, Buttermilk, Vanilla Extract and Beaten Eggs. Fold until combined.
- Transfer this batter in the greased baking dish and bake @400F or 210C for 17-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once the Sheet Cake gets baked, allow it to cool down for 5-10 minutes to room temperature.
🥘 How to make Homemade Salted Caramel?
- Melt Granulated Sugar in a saucepan
- The sugar will clump together as it melts and start to bubble and soon change color to amber red. Keep stirring all the while using a rubber or wooden spatula
- Add the cubed butter and whisk until the butter combines with the sugar.
- If there are any lumps formed, take the saucepan off the heat and whisk until all the lumps melt. Whisk until all the lumps have melted. Even of it takes 3-4 minutes.
- Take the Saucepan off the heat and Gradually stir in the milk or heavy cream. Whisk until combined.
- Once its smooth and creamy, sprinkle Sea Salt and whisk until combined. Pour over the warm sheet cake
🍮 How to store Salted Caramel?
Salted Caramel should be stored in an airtight jar. It will stay fresh for upto 1 week. Salted Caramel might crystalise once stored. So microwave and stir until smooth before use.
You can easily store this Apple Sheet Cake in the freezer. Just double wrap it in the Sheet Pan itself with aluminium foil and then again with plastic wrap and store in the freezer. This can be frozen for upto 1 month.
Also, you can refrigerate Apple Sheet Cake for 1-2 weeks in an air-tight container.
💯 Top tips on baking the Best Cinnamon Apple Sheet Cake
- Remember to fold in the Apples right at then end.
- Be careful while melting the butter in water. Stir in the dry ingredients only after the butter mixture has cooled down
- After the cake cools down to room temperature, pour the salted caramel over it
- Allow the salted caramel to set for a few minutes before you cut the cake
What's the difference between Sheet Cake and Regular Cake?
A regular cake is made in a round cake mould of 9" or 8" or a 9x9" or 9x13" baking dish. However, Sheet Cakes are made in a Sheet Pan.
What makes Texas Sheet Cake Different?
Texas Sheet Cake is one of the easiest cakes. Instead of a German Sheet Cake where Egg whites are beaten separately, butter is creamed separately and chocolate is melted separately, here all of them are combined in one-single bowl and that's what makes Texas Sheet Cake taste so good and is so easy to make.
Do you have to peel Apples for Cake?
Well, it's totally up to you. If you think that the skin of Apples is disturbing you, go-ahead and peel the skin of the Apples and then use it for the Cake. However, I don't use skinless apples. In Fact the skin of the apples shrinks down after baking and you don't taste it at all.
What is a good apple for a cake?
I like to use Sweet and slightly Tarty - Pink Lady Apples for my Apple Sheet Cake. However, you can use Honeycrisp or Granny Smith Apples as well for baking this Apple Sheet Cake.
Apple Sheet Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting
for the cake
- 2 medium sized Pink Lady Apples finely chopped (with the skin)
- 2½ cups AP Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs cracked
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter
for salted caramel frosting
- 1½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 stick Salted Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream or milk
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 210C and grease a sheet pan (16 3/4 by 12 inches) with oil or butter
- Whisk All Purpose Flour, Brown Sugar, Kosher Salt, Granulated Sugar, Baking Soda and Ground Cinnamon in a bowl.
- Heat water in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cubed butter and whisk until combined. Bring this Butter and Water mixture to a boil. As this boils, turn off the heat and take the sauce pan out. Stir in the flour mixture and fold using a rubber or wooden spatula until combined.
- Pour in the Buttermilk & Vanilla Extract and stir until combined. Gently stir in the eggs, and the chopped Apples. Fold until combined.
- Pour this batter in the greases sheet pan. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make Salted Caramel, heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add granulated sugar to it. Melt the sugar. Sugar will first form a clump and then it will melt and soon it will change color to amber red. Keep stirring constantly and make sure the sugar doesn't get burnt. Add the cubed butter at this point and whisk until combined. Once the butter has combined with the sugar o, stir in the heavy cream (or milk) gradually and whisk until combined. (Adding cold milk or cream to the hot caramel will splatter. So make sure you wear cooking gloves while stirring). Fold until combined and there are no lumps left. Once its all combined, take it off the heat and sprinkle some Sea Salt over the Caramel and stir until combined. Pour this over the warm baked Apple Sheet Cake and allow it to set for 5-10 minutes, before you cut it and serve