White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies are cute and delicious cookies perfect for Christmas or Valentine's Day. These are so pretty to look at and are equally delicious cookies. These are shortbread cookies which means its incredibly buttery and melts in your mouth with every bite. Moreover, there is that hint of Peppermint and White Chocolate Chips which makes these cookies feel incredibly festive and perfect for the holidays.
Hey friends! So, this holiday season, I am back with another favorite Cookie recipe. You know how much I love baking cookies, especially around the holidays. And this White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies is another one of my favorite holiday cookies. Talking about holiday cookies, Have you tried my Chocolate Shortbread Christmas Tree Cookies or my Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies or my Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies or my Santa Kiss Cookies or my Brown Butter Pecan Cookies?
White Chocolate And Peppermint are a true match made in heaven. Both of them combine so well and lends your dessert that perfect holiday flavor! Talking about Peppermint, have you tried my White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies or Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars or Peppermint Candy Bark or Peppermint White Hot Chocolate or Peppermint Crunch Cookies or Peppermint Cheesecake Oreo Truffles? All of these desserts have two things in common - Peppermint and White Chocolate. These two are such a delicious combination that it automatically makes you feel the holiday vibe!
December is the perfect time of the year to bake these Peppermint desserts. I feel a hint of Peppermint makes any dessert feel so perfect for the holidays. I always use Pure Peppermint Extract for my recipes, which had more Menthol flavors, and just a bit of it makes any dessert feel festive.
These White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies are obviously delicious because its shortbread and literally melts in your mouth. Also, the after flavor of Chocolate and Peppermint candy canes is just so nice.
Ingredients used to make White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- All-Purpose Flour - 1 cup of AP Flour to make the cookies
- Baking Soda - The only leavening agent you'll need to bake these cookies
- Peppermint Extract - 1/2 teaspoon of Peppermint Extract to favor these cookies
- Red Food Color - 2 drop of Red Gel Food Color to color the cookie dough
- Butter - 1 stick Butter to flavor the cookies
- Granulated Sugar - These cookies use only granulated sugar.
- White Chocolate Chips - White Chocolate Chips is exactly what makes these so good.
- Candy Cane - Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes on top makes these feel so perfect for the holidays.
How to make these White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies?
First - The first step is to make the shortbread cookie dough. For this dough, you're going to need to combine Melted Butter with Sugar and Peppermint Extract. Now, add the flour to it along with the baking soda, and mix everything to make a dough. Add 2 drops or more of Red Gel Food color and mix everything well. The dough should be crumbly and dry, but when you bring it together it will come together.
Wrap the dough in plastic food wrap and freeze it for 10-15 minutes or refrigerate for 30 minutes. This will make the dough easier to use.
Pro-Tip - If your Shortbread Cookie dough is incredibly dry and is crumbling. Then just add a tablespoon or two of ice-cold water just until everything comes together to form the dough.
Second - The next step is to make small cookie dough balls from the chilled cookie dough and stuff the top with white chocolate chips and crushed Peppermint Candy Canes.
Third - Bake these White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies for 10-15 minutes at 350F or 180C. After the cookies get baked, allow them to cool down to room temperature. Once cooled they will be ready to serve. You can stuff in more White Chocolate Chips after the cookie gets baked.
How to store White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies?
You can make the cookie dough or even better make the cookie dough balls and wrap it up tightly using plastic food wrap and store it in the freezer for 3 months. Before reuse, thaw it for an hour in the refrigerator and then use it. Bake for some extra minutes.
You can even store the cookies covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
You can store the baked cookies in the freezer for up to 3 months.
These White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies are incredibly fun to make and are a holiday favorite. These melt in your mouth, buttery, and Peppermint cookies are just the best cookies for this Christmas season.
I hope you loved this recipe and you will make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- 1 stick Melted Unsalted Butter 1/2 cup
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 cup AP Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- White Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, and peppermint extract until it gets creamy. Add the flour, baking soda, and Red Food Color to the dough and combine everything to make a cookie dough. Your cookie dough will be dry, but when you bring it together it will clump together. If it's not coming together, you can add just a tablespoon of ice-cold water and bring it together to make the dough. Cover and freeze the dough for 10-15 minutes or refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350F OR 180C.
- Roll small cookie dough balls, flatten them out with your palm, and top them with white chocolate chips and crushed Peppermint Candy canes. You can use a zip lock bag, throw in all the Peppermint candies in it. Seal the top and crush the Peppermint candies using a rolling pin. Bake the Cookies for 10-15 minutes.
- After the cookies get done, allow them to cool down to room temperature in the same pan in which they got baked. Then serve these cookies. If you want, you can stuff in more white chocolate chips and crushed Peppermint Candy Canes on the top and then serve!