White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies with Peppermint extract, have a dark chocolate layer at the bottom. This dark chocolate layer is flavored with peppermint. This is topped with a layer of melted white chocolate and broken Peppermint Candy Canes. These White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies taste extremely delicious and decadent.
Hey friends! This snowy weather and the holiday season is one of the best times of the year for me. The Beautiful weather got me so excited to bake the best dessert of all time, some decadent and chocolaty brownies. But with a hint of Peppermint to make it all the more festive and holiday-like!
I don't know about you but in my home, we are a sucker for Brownies. Brownies are also a great Christmas Gift.
Love Brownies? Try these Brownie Recipes
Have you tried my Red Velvet Brownies
I make these Brownies, wrap them individually with Aluminum foil, and then store them in an air-tight container. These Brownies freeze wonderfully and before serving or gifting, I thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and they are good to go.
Christmas Brownies has to be special because this is the season of joy and happiness. These White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies are so special and decadent. They have a lower layer which is dark and chocolatey with a hint of Peppermint in every bite.
Also, these are made with real Peppermint Extract and not Mint Extract. Do not confuse both of these. Peppermint Extract has more of Menthol taste to it, while Mint Extract has that Mint-y freshness to it. Peppermint and Dark Chocolate is a fabulous combination. A hint of Peppermint compliments the dark and bitter flavors of chocolate making it all rich and indulging.
Ingredients used to make White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
- 10oz Dark Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup AP Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 10oz White Melting Wafers
- Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
How to make these White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
Below, I'll briefly run you through the steps on how to make these White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies. You can find the detailed recipe card below.
The Dark Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Layer
So, you start by melting some dark chocolate or dark melting wafers in a double boiler along with a stick of Butter. As the Chocolate gets smooth and chocolaty, you take it off the heat and place it in a separate bowl.
Now, add the Granulated Sugar, Peppermint Extract, and Egg to the melted chocolate and combine well using a balloon whisk or a wooden spatula. You do not need to overmix the wet ingredients, so there is no need for a stand mixer or handheld mixer.
Sieve the dry ingredients - Flour and Baking Soda into the wet chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Pour this Brownie batter in a greased and lined baking dish and Bake the Brownies for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean and the Brownies have a crinkly top.
Cooldown the brownie to room temperature.
The White Chocolate Layer
The next layer will be that of melted white chocolate. You can also use milk chocolate or white melting wafers. Melt it in the oven at 30-second bursts.
Pour the melted white chocolate over the baked brownie. Evenly spread it out with a spatula.
Smash the Peppermint Candy Canes using a rolling pin and decorate it on the top of the brownies.
Allow the white chocolate to set over the brownie at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes.
Cut into equal-sized squares and serve!
How to Store these White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies?
You can obviously make these brownies ahead of time and store it. You can use it for Christmas Gifting purposes. If you have cut out the brownies, then wrap individual pieces with foil wrap. Or else wrap the brownies with plastic food wrap and again with Aluminum Foil Wrap. You can store these in the freezer for up to 1 month. Before reuse, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and serve.
You can also store these covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Other Peppermint Desserts
- Peppermint Bark Candy
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- White Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers with Peppermint
- Peppermint Cheesecake Oreo Truffles
- Christmas Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars
- Peppermint Bark Shortbread Cookies
- Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- Creamy Peppermint White Hot Chocolate with Coconut Milk
So, this was all about these White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies. I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
- 10 oz Dark Chocolate Baking Bar
- ½ stick Unsalted Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 whole Egg
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 10 Oz White Melting Wafers
- Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
- Melt the Dark Chocolate Baking Bark in a double boiler with 1/2 stick of butter. If you're using Dark Melting Wafers then melt it with few drops of coconut oil until it gets smooth and silky.
- Mix the melted dark chocolate with egg and granulated sugar using a wooden spoon or spatula. Also, Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a brownie baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper with sides hanging out.
- Sieve the Dry ingredients - Flour and Baking Soda. Mix it with the wet ingredients. Fold until combined. Pour it into a lined baking dish. Bake the brownies for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Once the Brownies are baked, cool it down to room temperature
- As the Brownie is cooling down, melt Whit Melting wafers with a few drops of coconut oil in the oven at 30 seconds bursts. As it gets smooth and creamy, layer it over the cooled brownie.Crush the Candy canes by taking them up in a zip-lock bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Add the crushed Peppermint candy canes on top.
- Cut the Brownies into even-sized squares and serve!