White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars are those special pieces of delicious happiness that make eating fun. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, loaded with fresh cranberries and milky white chocolate, these oatmeal cranberry bars will make a perfect snack.
White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars
If you have read my Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate chip Cookies recipe, then you know about my immense love for juicy fresh cranberries. After my cookies tasted soo good. I saved my cookie batter. I thought, why not make these bars?
And, here I am sharing with y'all the recipe of White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Bars. It was so easy to use up my cookie batter for two different but equally tasty things. My White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies were awesome. Forget what people think, it was so tasty that I was not able to resist myself from having it all. And, it didn't even last a day. I was thanking myself for saving up the cookie dough. I knew I could make it again. But, turns out, my taste buds have been craving something new! So, the bars were the perfect option!
How to Make these White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Bars?
To Make these bars I have used old-fashioned rolled oats. I have seen that they make my cookies and bars more soft and moist. Another interesting thing about my recipe is that I have not used eggs. Not for my bars nor for my cookies. And, I can tell you that you won't be able to tell.
Why White Chocolate Chips?
I really like the texture and the milky taste of white chocolate chips. I find them to introduce a certain amount of sweetness and moisture in my recipe. Therefore I have used white chocolate chips. Another important reason for using white chocolate chips is that they make your cookie bars look really cute. See my images where the white chocolate chips pairs with the fresh cranberries and makes the bars look so damn cute.
How are these bars different from white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies?
Besides the difference in shape, these bars taste totally different. Moreover, I've had to bake my cookie bars for a longer period of time than my cookies. Therefore these cranberry white chocolate chip oatmeal bars have that chewy taste which I really like. Moreover, they have a crunchy exterior which gives it a cracker kind of a taste. Further, as you chew on you feel the juicy cranberries playing with the bite-sized milky white chocolate chips.
When is the best time to make these bars?
If you are in my home, I would serve you all year long. I make them with dried cranberries and you can't tell the difference. But, the best time to make these oatmeal cranberry bars is fall or Christmas. It is then that you find the juiciest and most fresh cranberries. And, I would not always recommend you to make this recipe as your Christmas dessert. But, you can always make it all through the year.
If I want to make it vegan?
If you want to make it vegan then you'll have to leave white chocolate chips from the recipe. Other than that everything else remains the same. The same ingredients, the same steps, just skip white chocolate chips. So, it'll be an Oatmeal Cranberry Bar for you. If you are trying this, let me know how it went. I would love to see them.
How Can we make it more healthy?
Oatmeal is not keto-friendly. It has got high carb. BUT, oatmeal is a carb that's Super Healthy for you. It has got tons of protein and fiber in it which helps you feel full all through the day. If you want to make it even healthier, then you can replace all-purpose flour with buckwheat flour or Amaranth flour or Almond Flour. These have very low carb count and will be perfect for you if you are on a low carb diet.
Troubleshooting Tips for Making these White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Make sure you fold the white chocolate chips and cranberries at last.
- Do not add too much white chocolate chips while you are putting them to bake. Take them out just when they are about to get baked completely (at the 5-minute mark) and then push in as many white chocolate chips you want. If you add them, in the beginning, they might get brown and it won't look that good.
- Check at least 5-minutes before the given time with a toothpick.
- Cut the squares before you put them to bake.
White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Bars
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- ½ Tablespoon Thick Greek Yogurt
- ½ Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ½ Teaspoon Cornstarch
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- ½ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x11 baking tray with cooking spray.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Yogurt, some vinegar, and vanilla essence into the mix.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder after sieving it in another bowl.
- Lightly fold this into the wet ingredients and add cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Bring it all together and keep the cookie dough in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Bring the dough to room temperature and roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Make small squares or rectangles and put them on the baking tray.
- Let them bake at 220C or 420F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool down and then take them out.
Ask Me Anything