Thanksgiving turkey cheese ball recipe is a fun, delicious, cute, and Oh-So Cheesy cheese ball appetizer for thanksgiving 🦃
This Smoked Turkey Cheese ball recipe is made with Pretzel rods and homemade Bacon Ranch cheese ball.
Instead of buying a Cheese ball, I recommend making homemade Classic Cheese Ball.
You'll love the fresh ingredients and the salty, piquant texture, and you can shape it the way you want.
- Pleasing sharp taste and a delectable flavor
- Homemade Bacon Ranch Turkey Cheese Ball
- Ingredients needed to make turkey cheese ball with bacon
- How to Make Turkey Cheese Ball Thanksgiving Appetizer
- Easy Turkey Cheese ball Serving Suggestions
- Can I make Mini Turkey Cheese Balls?
- How long will a cheese ball keep in the fridge?
- What crackers go best with cheese ball?
- More Thanksgiving Appetizers
- Thanksgiving turkey cheese ball recipe
Pleasing sharp taste and a delectable flavor
Thanksgiving Turkey with Homemade Cheese Ball is one of those appetizers which you can show off!
This Turkey cheese ball looks pleasing to the eyes and creates a holiday vibe for your Thanksgiving table.
I know many of you are familiar with Kraft turkey cheese ball. Undoubtedly, that is a fantastic smoked turkey cheese ball recipe.
But, here we plan on making everything homemade.
Although it takes 10-15 minutes more, it's worth the time.
Homemade Bacon Ranch Turkey Cheese Ball
Cooking homemade bacon, shredding sharp cheddar cheese from a block, and shaping the cheese ball might look like a lot of work.
But, in the end, the taste and flavor of homemade cooking make the difference!
Ingredients needed to make turkey cheese ball with bacon
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Red Bell Pepper (to make the turkey mouth)
- Pretzel Sticks
- almond (to make the turkey nose)
- black olives (to make the turkey eyes)
How to Make Turkey Cheese Ball Thanksgiving Appetizer
- STEP 1: Follow the recipe directions for The Best Homemade Classic Cheese Ball Recipe and make a cheese ball.
- STEP 2: Save some cheese ball mixture without coating them in the crushed cheese and nut mixture.
- STEP 3: Place the remaining cheese ball mixture onto a saran wrap and roll it into a small ball.
- STEP 4: Wrap it tightly by twisting the saran wrap. Refrigerate until it becomes firm.
- STEP 5: Remove from refrigerator, and thaw the cheese ball for 15-minutes until its soft for the pretzels rods to go in.
- STEP 6: Place the cheese ball (without covered in nuts) on the big cheese ball which is covered in nuts, bacon, and cheese.
- STEP 7: Insert the pretzel rods on the back of the cheeseball.
- STEP 8: Push a thin slice of red bell pepper to make the mouth.
- STEP 9: Push in two sliced black olives to make the eyes.
- STEP 10: Lastly, push in a thin slice of almond to make the nose.
Easy Turkey Cheese ball Serving Suggestions
You can serve your cheese ball turkey with crackers. But, if you want more variety you can serve with these.
- Tasty Pretzel Bites
- Garlic Butter Sauteed Green Beans with Parmesan
- [2-Ingredient] Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Pita Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Roasted Peppers
Can I make Mini Turkey Cheese Balls?
Yes instead of making one single Thanksgiving turkey cheese balls you could make many bite sized mini turkey cheese balls.
- Make homemade bacon ranch cheese ball.
- Shape it into mini cheese balls.
- Push in pretzel rods broken in half.
- Cut the red pepper in small bites and make the mouth for turkey.
- Use almonds to make the turkey's nose.
- Use thinly sliced black olives to make the turkey's eyes.
- You can leave out the legs if you find it complicated.
How long will a cheese ball keep in the fridge?
It depends on how fresh your ingredients are. If you are using fresh ingredients and place your turkey cheese ball in an airtight container, then it can last in the fridge for at least two weeks.
What crackers go best with cheese ball?
I personally like Ritz Crackers. They are mildly salty, and I love to pair them with my cheesy creamy Turkey Cheese Ball with Bacon.
You can also try:
- Wheat thins
- Pita thins
- Triscuit thins
More Thanksgiving Appetizers
- Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Bites
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Sticky Pork Belly Bites
- Brussel Sprouts wrapped in Bacon
- Curry Fried Chicken (air fryer)
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie Energy Balls
- Cheese Rosemary Scones
- Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
- Asparagus Tart with Puff Pastry
- Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges in Air Fryer
Thanksgiving turkey cheese ball recipe
- 1 bacon ranch cheese ball
- 1 small red bell pepper cut into thin slices lengthwise
- 1 piece almond
- 1 piece black olive cut in half
- 1 12 oz pack pretzel rod about 12 pretzel rods
- 2 medium carrot Cut in the shape of a turkey's feet
- Follow the instructions for Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball but save some cheese ball mixtures aside without coating it in nuts. We'll need that to make the turkey head. From now on we will call this small cheese ball (uncoated cheese ball)
- Remove the cheese ball part uncoated in nuts and shape it into a small ball. Wrap it tightly using a saran wrap. Refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow the cheese balls to get soft for at least 10-12 minutes.
Make turkey's feet
- Cut out two medium-sized carrots in the shape of a turkey's feet. To make the turkey feet, use a sharp knife to make the sharp cuts on the feet.
- Press down the cheese ball on the turkey feet until it sticks and sort of gets together.
Making Turkey's Wings, Eyes, Mouth, and Nose
- Push in pretzel rods at the back of the cheese ball to make the turkey's wings.
- Press down the uncoated cheese ball on the bacon ranch cheese ball (coated in nuts).
- Push in one thin slice of red bell pepper a few centimeters above the base of the uncoated cheese ball to make the turkey mouth.
- Push in an almond just above the turkey mouth to make the turkey nose.
- Push olive slices just above the Turkey nose to make the turkey eyes.
- Loosely wrap it in a saran wrap and refrigerate until it becomes firm.
- Thaw for 10-12 minutes before serving with chopped veggies.
One of the best Thanksgiving Appetizer recipes ever! Made it last year and will again make this year! An absolute crowd pleaser 😊😊