Sweet & Spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken is a favorite Asian Chicken Dinner recipe that comes together in minutes at home and is so delicious. And, of course, with some extra bell peppers and crispy chicken, and of course a delicious sauce it's just so good. Boneless Chicken Breast pieces are fried in sesame oil until crispy and then tossed in a Sweet & Spicy Honey Sriracha Sauce. Serve this over a bed of steamed rice and you will make a perfect dinner for the family. Top with some sesame seeds & green onions and this one will feel like a perfect take-out dinner that gets ready at home in minutes and is so good.
Ingredients you'll Need to Make Honey Sriracha Chicken:
- Sesame Oil: I always prefer Sesame Oil because it has a nutty taste and it brings out the flavor so beautifully.
- Chicken breasts: I prefer cutting Chicken Breasts into small pieces.
- Yellow Bell pepper: I love bell pepper. Bell Pepper brings a beautiful crunch to our chicken. And more importantly, yellow bell pepper adds that beautiful color to our honey sriracha chicken.
- Sauces: Sriracha, Soy Sauce, Honey, Rice Wine Vinegar, Ginger Garlic paste, and Water. These sauces are what you'll need for Honey Sriracha Chicken.
How to Make Honey Sriracha Chicken?
- Heat Oil and Sear Chicken: Heat some Sesame Oil in a pan. As the oil shimmers, add Chicken pieces cut into small cubes. Sear chicken until completely cooked on both sides.
- Add Bell Pepper: I just love Yellow Bell Pepper. It adds that beautiful color and crunch to our chicken. So chop Yellow Bell Pepper in small cubes and place them in the pan.
- Add Sauces: Now add Sriracha, Soy Sauce, Honey, Rice Wine Vinegar, Ginger Garlic Paste, and some water. These sauces will add a spicy and sweet touch to our Honey Sriracha Chicken. Finally, Season this with Salt and Pepper.
- Serve: Finally, serve this on a bed of white rice and enjoy.
Honey Sriracha Sauce
The Honey Sriracha Sauce is so good that you should definitely try it. Its made with the following ingredients:
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Ginger Garlic Paste
Its got a perfect sweet and spicy taste to it. It will satiate your Asian dinner recipe craving to the fullest. Also, this one is so easy to make and can be used for any other recipe as well.
Other Possible Variations:
- You can replace Chicken with Cauliflower. If you're not eating Chicken, then just use the same recipe for Cauliflower florets. Just wash and boil the cauliflower florets for 3-4 minutes, drain the water and then fry it.
- You can add more Bell Peppers if you wish to.
- You can replace Sesame oil with Vegetable oil. However, I highly recommend trying this recipe with Sesame oil for that typical Asian restaurant-style taste.
- You can replace Rice Wine Vinegar with White vinegar.
- You can replace Honey with Maple.
- Instead of Ginger garlic paste, use minced garlic and finely chopped 1/2 inch ginger slice.
I hope you love this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Other Asian Recipes you'll love:
- Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry
- Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Asian Cashew Chicken [Better Than Takeout]
- Copycat Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp - Best Shrimp Appetizer Ever
- Sweet and Sour Teriyaki Cauliflower Chicken Stir Fry
- 10-minute Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
- Easy Honey Soy Salmon - Pan Seared Salmon
Sweet & Spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken
- 3-4 pieces Chicken Breasts cut into dices
- ½ slice Yellow Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- ½ teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup chopped Spring Onions
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds lightly toasted
- Heat some Sesame Oil in a pan. As the oil shimmers, add the chicken pieces and cook until they tenderize for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat stirring in between.
- Add the chopped Yellow Bell pepper. Also, add the Sriracha, Soy Sauce, Rice Wine Vinegar, Honey, Ginger Garlic Paste, and water. Season with salt & pepper. Toss the Chicken in the sauce and allow the Sauce to come to a slow boil. As it comes to a boil, cover cook for 3-4 minutes over low heat.
- Serve over a bed of cooked white rice with toasted sesame seeds & chopped spring onions on top for garnish.