Strawberry Shortcake is an unforgettable Spring and Summer Dessert that you need in your life. That tall, beautiful shortcake topped with 3-ingredient whipped cream and of course juicy, fresh Strawberries is something that will be a family favorite dessert.
The Best Strawberry Shortcake
Once you make Strawberry Shortcake at home, you will actually never want to buy it ever again. None of it is store-bought. Starting from the Biscuits, to the Whipped Cream, everything is made at home. And, it is so much fun to actually make Strawberry Shortcake at home.
Even if you are new to baking and you are too scared to start off with a baking project. I am telling you, you got this. You are seriously gonna make the Best Strawberry Shortcake ever.
Easy Strawberry Shortcake
When you want to bake an easy dessert for Spring and summer, you should definitely try this Tall, Beautiful, and Gorgeous Strawberry Shortcake. Made using homemade Biscuits they are Crispy, Flaky, Buttery and so amazing.
As a new baker, you might feel very worried. Actually, don't get deceived by its pretty looks. This is one of the easiest Strawberry Desserts that you can ever think of.
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake?
Let's learn how to make Strawberry Shortcake from scratch with Step by Step photos.
Step 1: Coat Strawberries in Sugar
Coat Strawberries in Granulated Sugar and then refrigerate this for some time. What I do is coat them in Sugar and refrigerate this until I am making the shortcake.
Step 2: Whisk dry Ingredients
In a large bowl combine Flour, Granulated Sugar, Salt, and Baking Powder. Use a wire whisk to combine.
Step 3: Add in Cubed Butter
Cut your butter into small cubes. Make sure the Butter is cold. Add the Cubed Butter to your dry ingredient mixture. Use a pastry cutter to cut the Butter into the flour. (If you're using Unsalted Butter, then skip the Salt in the dry ingredients)
Step 4: Pour Buttermilk
Pour buttermilk into the flour mixture and fold it in using a Rubber Spatula. DO NOT OVERMIX. You should have a crumbly dough with few wet spots.
Step 5: Roll
Place this on a floured surface and flour your hands generously. Keep the dough on the surface and spread it using your hands. Make sure the dough has a thickness of about 1-inch.
Step 6: Use a Biscuit Cutter to Cut out Biscuits
Use a Biscuit Cutter or a Round Shaped 3-inches Cookie Cutter to Cut out Small biscuits. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 7: Brush Heavy Cream and Sprinkle Sugar
Brush Heavy Cream on the top and sides of the Biscuits. Sprinkle Coarse Sugar on the Biscuits.
Bake your Biscuits in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 15-18 minutes.
Step 8: Make Whipped Cream
In a bowl combine Heavy Whipping Cream, Pure vanilla Extract, and Granulated Sugar. Use a handheld whisk or a stand mixer to whisk it at high speed until you see stiff peaks.
Step 9: Assemble Shortcakes
Cut your biscuits in half horizontally.
Spoon Whipped cream frosting followed by the Strawberries.
Place another half of the Biscuit on top.
Top with some more Whipped Cream and Strawberries.
If you want you can add some Mint Laves as well.
Finally, Enjoy! 🙂
Other Recipes you can make:
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Pink Velvet Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cups
- Strawberry Crisp (+Video)
- Strawberry Yogurt Parfait
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- 1½ Pound Strawberries quatered
- 4 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour more for dusting the surface and hands
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder or 1 teaspoon baking powder & 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¾ Cup Unsalted Butter cut into small cubes
- 1 Cup Cold Buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoon Heavy Cream to brush on biscuits
- Coarse Sugar to sprinkle
For Whipped Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- In a bowl place quartered Strawberries. Cover with granulated Sugar. Stir well to coat each slice of Strawberry. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until you make the shortcake. This will make your strawberries juicy.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, and salt. Add cold butter cubes and use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour. You will have crumbly dough and pea-sized crumbs.
- Into this pour the buttermilk and fold it in. Do not overwork on the dough. Your dough will look crumbly with few wet spots. Flour your surface and coat your hands with flour. Place the dough on the floured surface. Spread it out with your hands to form a small rectangle of about 1-inch thickness.
- Use a 3-inch Biscuit Cutter to cut out biscuits. Place them on a baking tray. Leave about a 1-inch gap between each biscuit.
- Now brush heavy cream on the top and sides of the biscuit. Sprinkle some coarse sugar on the biscuit. Allow it to bake for 15-18 minutes. Once done, cool it down.
Make Whipped Cream
- In a large bowl combine Heavy Whipping Cream, Pure Vanilla Extract, and Granulated Sugar. Beat until it you see sharp peaks.
- Finally cut your biscuit in half horizontally and spoon the whipped cream over the bottom of the biscuit and add some strawberries. Top with another half of the biscuit. Add more Whipped Cream and Strawberries. You can also add mint leaves on top for decoration. Serve immediately.