Fresh Strawberry Bread recipe with fresh Strawberries and a sweet Strawberry glaze is just melt in your mouth, delicious, soft and moist Strawberry Bread recipe which we love! This fresh Strawberry Bread is made using Almond Flour so its gluten free strawberry bread recipe with a sweet and lemony Strawberry glaze on top!
Hi Y'all! I am so obsessed with this Southern Strawberry Bread right now! Its made with fresh Strawberries and tastes like summer.This quick Strawberry bread comes together in 10 min and takes an hour to get baked.
- Almond Flour Strawberry Bread
- My love for Strawberries
- How does Strawberry Bread Taste like?
- Ingredients Needed to make Strawberry Bread
- How to make Strawberry Bread with Fresh Strawberries
- How long to Bake Fresh Strawberry Bread
- Healthy Strawberry Bread with Almond Flour
- Strawberry Glaze
- How to store Leftover Strawberry Bread
- Top Tips to Bake the Best Strawberry Bread with fresh Strawberries
- More Quick Bread Recipes
- Fresh Strawberry Bread (GF)
Almond Flour Strawberry Bread
To make a gluten free Strawberry Bread I have used Almond Flour to make this recipe.
If you have never baked with Almond Flour or are skeptical to do so, then don't be. This recipe for Almond Flour Strawberry Bread is absolutely gluten free which I love!!
Besides Almond Flour you can use Bob's Red Mill Baking Flour which is also a great GF option or Oats Flour or Coconut Flour.
If you want to use regular All Purpose Flour then you can surely do so. However the Baking time will decrease by 10 min.
My love for Strawberries
If you're new to my blog then you must know how much i love Strawberries. Whenever they are in season, I make sure I get a pound of fresh Strawberries ans use it for my recipes.
Be it to top over pancakes or stuff into crepes or even better bake Strawberry desserts like a hearty Strawberry Pie or Crisp. Or bake it for my Morning Breakfast Strawberry muffins or tarts or have it in my breakfast yogurt parfaits. Or even make savory salads like this Strawberry Chicken Salad with the Best ever dressing or Strawberry Romaine Salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Its so much fun
More Strawberry Recipes you'll love
- Strawberry Avocado Toast
- Strawberry Texas Sheet Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Pink Velvet Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars with Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cups
- No-Bake Mini Strawberry Mousse Cups
- Banana Strawberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Pie Cream Cheese Muffins (with Oil)
How does Strawberry Bread Taste like?
I know before you even think about making this recipe for Strawberry Bread with fresh Strawberries you would want to know how it tastes.
This Strawberry Bread gets baked perfectly in an hour, while being crusty on the outside and ooey-gooey and moist on the inside.
And the best part is that sweet Lemon Strawberry Glaze on top which tastes like summer in a bowl. So fragrant and bursting with flavors...!
Ingredients Needed to make Strawberry Bread
- Almond Flour - can replace with any other GF flour or even AP Flour
- Baking Powder - make sure its a gf version
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Strawberries - quartered and dusted with flour
- Oil - I use regular vegetable oil to make this bread as it yields a moist bread
- Granulated Sugar
- Almond Extract
- Milk - you can use whole milk
For the Lemon Strawberry Glaze
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
- Fresh Strawberries
- Granulated Sugar
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Strawberry Bread with Fresh Strawberries
Bread with Fresh Strawberries is undoubtedly the most loved and adored bread in my home. When this gets baked it smells so fruity and strawberry like in my kitchen! Just love love love it.
This recipe for Fresh Strawberry Bread requires very few ingredients and is a wonderful way to use up fresh Strawberries and make a quick bread which goes great with cappuccino.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until combined and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk oil and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs.
Gradually add the dry mixture and milk and fold to combine. Also fold in the flour dusted strawberries. Transfer to a lined loaf tin
Bake @350F for 65 min. Make the glaze meanwhile. Get the bread to cool down, glaze, cut into loaf and serve.
Remember to coat the diced Strawberries with flour before you fill them into the batter so that they do not sink it at the bottom of the bread.
Hint: As with any fruit bread recipe, always remember to not over beat the batter. Just fold lightly using a wooden or rubber spatula until the wet and dry mixtures are combined through.
How long to Bake Fresh Strawberry Bread
The exact baking time of Strawberry Bread depends on the size of loaf tin you are using to bake this Strawberry Bread. If you're using a standard sized loaf tin then it should take you about 55-65 min to bake this Strawberry Bread
Keep in mind that if you're using regular All Purpose flour to bake Strawberry Bread then the baking time reduces by 10 min.
Healthy Strawberry Bread with Almond Flour
Simple and easy Strawberry Bread recipe with Almond Flour makes it gluten free and grain free.
You can even make it low carb by replacing sugar with peanut butter or bananas.
To make Vegan Strawberry Bread just replace Milk with Almond Milk.
I have used 1 cup of quartered Strawberries along with granulated sugar and lemon juice to make this quick Strawberry Glaze for my Strawberry Bread!
And man oh man! Does this taste good! Its an excellent tasting glaze bursting with flavors of fresh strawberries and that lemon juice just hits the spot with juicy and fresh Strawberries.
- Make sure the bread is cooled down to room temp before you add the glaze or else the glaze will melt over the fresh hot strawberry bread
- You might want to add milk if your Strawberry Glaze is too thick. However do not add too much milk. Only add a splash of milk or heavy cream if your strawberry glaze is too thick or if your Strawberries aren't too juicy.
- Store the bread in the refrigerator so that the glaze sits on top of the bread and doesn't seep in.
How to store Leftover Strawberry Bread
Refrigerate: Store leftover Fresh Strawberry Bread in the refrigerator. You can store this Strawberry Bread in the refrigerator for upto a week.
Freeze: You can cover leftover Strawberry Bread with plastic wrap and freeze it for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave before serving.
Make Ahead Strawberry Bread: You can make the Bread batter ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to a week. You can even make the strawberry glaze ahead of time and refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Can I use frozen Strawberries
Of course you can! This recipe for Strawberry Bread can easily be made using fresh or frozen Strawberries needing no changes.
Can I make it with any other berries?
Yes of course! Be it Blueberries or Raspberries or Blackberries this fruity bread is an excellent recipe and can be made with any berries or even triple berries.
Can I make Vegan Strawberry Bread?
Yes of course! To make Vegan Strawberry Bread, replace Eggs with flax eggs and milk with almond milk. You can even replace granulated sugar with maple syrup or agave syrup.
Top Tips to Bake the Best Strawberry Bread with fresh Strawberries
Here are few tips to keep in mind while baking this best recipe for Strawberry Bread.
- Make sure you quarter the Strawberries before use
- Coat the Strawberries with flour or cornstarch so that they do not sink into the bottom of the bread
- This recipe for Fresh Strawberry bread uses Almond Flour, however you can replace with any baking flour you love or have at home.
- You can replace Strawberries with any fresh berries you have at home
- You can even use frozen Strawberries to make Strawberry bread
More Quick Bread Recipes
- Simple Avocado Bread Recipe without Sugar
- Summer Blackberry Cornbread
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Peanut butter Banana Bread
- Healthy Oats Chocolate Banana Bread
- Classic Banana Bread with Almonds
- Healthy Banana Walnut Bread with Flax
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- Lemon Blueberry Bread (Gluten-Free)
Fresh Strawberry Bread (GF)
- 2 cups Almond Flour plus 2 tablespoon for dusting the Strawberries
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder use gf kind
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries quartered
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 1½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup Fresh Strawberries diced
- 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Mix the dry ingredients: Preheat the oven to 350F and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.In a mixing bowl, whisk the Almond Flour along with Baking Powder and Kosher Salt until combined. Set aside.
- Prep the Strawberries: Cut the Strawberries into quarters. The quartered Strawberries should measure about 2 cups. If you have more, set aside to make the glaze. Now, coat them with 2 tablespoon of Almond Flour. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, add the ½ cup of Vegetable Oil & 1 cup of Granulated Sugar. Beat them until light and creamy using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. Break in the eggs one at a time, add the Almond Extract, and beat until just combined.
- Add the dry mixture and milk in batches. First add half of the dry mixer and beat for 1 min over medium speed until combined. Next pour in half of the milk and beat until combined. Repeat until you use them all.
- Finally, fold int he quartered and flour dusted strawberries into the batter. Do not beat to combine. Use a rubber spatula and just lightly fold until combined. Transfer this batter to the lined loaf tin. Bake @350F for 60-65 min or until the top gets golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make the Strawberry glaze: Meanwhile use an electric blender or a fork to blend or mash the quartered strawberries with confectioners sugar and lemon juice. Beat until combined and smooth. Refrigerate it until you use.
- Glaze the Bread: After the Strawberry Bread gets baked, get it out of the oven and allow it to cool down to room temp for about 10 min on a wire rack.After the bread has cooled down to room temperature, drizzle the glaze over the Fresh Strawberry Bread. Grate some fresh Lemon Zest over the bread. Cut into equal sized loaves and serve.
- If you've run out of Strawberries top the bread with a cream cheese frosting
- Do not open the oven door while the bread is baking this will harden the bread
- Make sure you coat the strawberries with flour before adding them to the bread batter or else they will sink down to the bottom of the bread
- The glaze should be thick. If your Strawberries aren't juicy enugh then you might want to add a tablespoon of milk or heavy cream to make the glaze.
- Do not over mix the batter or else the bread will be tough and chewy
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients just until combined