Strawberry Avocado toast is a quick, healthy, and easy recipe that's just perfect for Mother's Day breakfast.
Generally people make Avocado toast all the time. I thought why not make it a bit more appetizing, appealing, and attractive with some freshly chopped strawberries.
Did I tell you guys about my new love for organic foods. Last week while shopping in the farmer's market I happened to find some bright red strawberries with fresh green caps.
They were up for sale at just 3 bucks for 1 lb. Can you guess how much I bought? Well, I am digressing from the topic here.
But the prime reason behind making them was I didn't want them to go bad. That's one of the most important reasons that I end up making 3-4 strawberry recipes if I have to just so that they don't go bad.
If you like strawberries then I'm sure you'll also like these recipes
- bread (of your choice)
- ripe avocados
- Salt and Pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Goat Cheese
- Fresh basil
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Strawberry Avocado Toast
- STEP 1: Toast Bread
Toast Bread on a stovetop or in a toaster. You don't want to burn them just toast them to your desired level of crunchiness.
- STEP 2: Mash Avocados
Slice Avocado and remove the pit using a sharp knife. Score the sides with a small knife and then scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mash with the back of your spoon.
- STEP 3: Spread onto bread
Spread Mashed Avocado filling on the bread.
- STEP 4: Add freshly sliced Strawberries
Arrange freshly sliced strawberries on the toast.
- STEP 5: Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar
Drizzle Balsamic vinegar generously.
- STEP 6: Top with Goat Cheese crumbles & chopped basil
Top with best quality goat cheese crumbles and garnish with freshly chopped basil.
- Any Berry - If you can't find strawberries then you can use any berries that is available. Blueberry, Blackberry, Cranberry, Raspberries or chopped cherries can be a great addition.
- Maple Syrup - If you want you can drizzle some pure Maple Syrup on your Strawberry Avocado Toast for some added sweetness.
- Bagel Seasoning - you can see the recipe for my homemade everything bagel seasoning and then use it for your mashed avocados.
- Feta Cheese - Crumbled Feta is a great choice if you like it.
- Blue Cheese - If you want you can replace goat cheese with blue cheese.
Strawberry Avocado Toast
- 4 slices bread of your choice
- 1 large raw avocado
- 6-7 large strawberries thinly sliced
- salt or as per taste
- pepper or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons basil fresh chopped
- Toast bread on a stovetop or in a toaster. You don't want it to get burnt. Just toast it enough to get to your desired level of crunchiness.
- Slice avocado from the center and remove the pit. Score around the avocado and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh from the center into the bowl.
- Use the back of your spoon to mash the avocados. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mashed avocados on the toasted bread generously.
- Top with thinly sliced strawberries. Drizzle Balsamic glaze generously on the toasts.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese/blue cheese/feta cheese and finely chopped fresh basil leaves.