Nothing could be more spooky and adorable on your Halloween food table than these delicious Jack Skellington Linzer Cookies. Packed with dark chocolate these Jack Skellington Linzer Cookies are so cute and just perfect Halloween Treats for Kids.
These Halloween Linzer Cookies are seriously so easy and super cute as well. Jack Skellington sandwiched between a layer of dark chocolate makes it look so adorable and spooky!
These Jack Skellington Linzer Cookies have a shortbread base and then you bring Jack Skellington to life with a perfect dark chocolate filling packed inside these linzer cookies!
- All Purpose Flour: You would want to level and spoon your AP Flour before use.
- Granulated Sugar - remember to use really fine quality of granulated sugar
- Coconut Oil - You can use softened unsalted butter as well
- Cold Water - just to bring the shortbread dough together
- Green Food Color, Icing Sugar and Milk: You simply combine all of these ingredients to make the green colored glaze
- Melted Dark Chocolate
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Halloween Jack Skellington Linzer Cookies
Combine all the ingredients to make your shortbread cookies. Bake them for 10 min and cool them down
Combine icing sugar with milk and green food color to make green glaze. Dip half of the cookies, only one side in the glaze and allow 10 min for it to set
Use the back of a nozzle to cut out eyes shape. Add melted chocolate over the other cookies.
Bring them to life by sandwiching them over each other. Use the leftover melted dark chocolate to make the nose and mouth of your Jack Skellington Linzer Cookies.
Serve when set.
Remember to allow the cookies to cool down to room temperature before you add the glaze or else the glaze will melt over the freshly baked hot cookies right out of the oven.
Hint: Allow the cookies to cool down to room temperature over a wire rack. Also after dipping them in the green glaze allow the excess glaze to drip off by placing them on a lined dish topped with wire rack.
This will cause less of the mess and save your time cleaning everything.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes absolutely! You can make these Jack Skellington Linzer Cookies about a week ahead and store it in an airtight container as Halloween treats for Kids. Every Trick or Treaters will love these super cute and spooky Halloween Linzer Cookies for sure.
Looking for other Halloween recipes like this? Try these:
Spooky Jack Skellington Linzer Cookies
For Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup AP Flour
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Coconut Oil melted
- Cold Water as per requirement
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 drop Green Food Color
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C and line a baking dish with parchment paper
- Combine all the ingredients to make the shortbread cookie dough. Roll them out and cut into circles using a cookie cutter. Bake them for 10 min
- Combine icing sugar with milk and green food color to make green glaze.
- Once the baked cookies cool down, dip half of them in the green glaze and let the excess drip off.
- Use the back of a nozzle to cut out eyes. Apply some melted dark chocolate over the other halves of the cookies.
- Place them over each other to bring these Jack Skellington Cookies to life. Use the leftover melted dark chocolate to make the eyes and mouth of these Jack Skellington Cookies.
- Serve when sets