Spicy New Orleans Shrimp - Jumbo shrimps are seared in buttered and then tossed in a lip-smacking sauce made of typical creole spices and herbs, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha hot sauce, and Honey.
It's sweet, it's spicy, and it's everything nice. Just like this Chili Garlic Shrimp. Serve it with crusty bread or rice and your dinner is sorted.
Last week I made Crispy Honey Sesame Shrimp and it was so good. And, just the other day I made Spicy Cajun Shrimp and Rice. It became an instant hit in the family 🙌
These days I have been in love with seafood recipes. Especially Shrimps!
From Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp to Firecracker Shrimp to Coconut Shrimp to Cilantro Lime Shrimp, I have been crazy about them for the last few months.
These are the ingredients that you would need to make Spicy New Orleans Shrimps.
- Jumbo Shrimps
- Olive Oil and Butter
- Minced cloves of garlic
- Spices - Chili Powder, Smoked Paprika, Salt, and Pepper
- Herbs - Dried Oregano
- Onion Powder & Garlic Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Spicy Sriracha Hot Sauce
- Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Fresh Parsley
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a visual 🎬
Here is how to make Spicy New Orleans Shrimp with Step by Step images.
Step 1: Sear Shrimps
I always use both unsalted butter and olive oil to sear shrimps. While searing shrimps make sure you don't overcook them.
Overcooked shrimps become chewy. The thing is - Shrimps cook real fast. So, make sure you keep a close eye on them.
Cook until they are opaque white and light pink around the edges.
Step 2: Make Sauce
Once shrimps are cooked, keep them aside. In the same skillet add minced cloves of garlic and sear for 30-seconds until fragrant.
Add Spices and Herbs, followed by Honey, Worcestershire Sauce, Spicy Sriracha Hot Sauce, and Frank's Red Hot Sauce.
Stir lightly and bring it to a quick boil.
Step 3: Add Shrimps and Serve
Finally, add pan-seared shrimps and serve with fresh chopped parsley. 😋
⭐️Hint: Don't clean the skillet after searing shrimps. Use the same skillet to make sauce. You get the best flavors from that.
- Tabasco Sauce - If you want you can leave out Sriracha and Frank's Red Hot Sauce with Tabasco Sauce.
- Brown Sugar - Instead of Honey you can use brown sugar.
- Sweet - To make the sauce sweeter you can add some Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Smoky - To add a smoky texture to the sauce you can add a pinch of ground cumin.
- Spicy - To add more heat, you can add crushed red pepper flakes.
- Thick Sauce - If you find your sauce getting watery or liquidy make cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoon cold water) and pour it into your sauce.
- Use both oil and butter to sear shrimps.
- Use the same pan to make the sauce.
- Make sure you do not overcook shrimps. Take them off the pan once they become opaque white.
- If you find your sauce getting way to liquidy, just add some cornstarch slurry.
🍤More Shrimp Recipes
- Shrimp Udon Stir Fry
- Green Curry Shrimp | Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Blackened Shrimp Tacos
- Baja Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- Peanut Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik and let me know how this turned out.
Spicy New Orleans Shrimp
- 1 lbs Jumbo Shrimps
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Freshly chopped Parsley for garnish
- Heat Olive Oil and Butter in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Shrimps to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 2- minutes until the shrimp turn pink.
- In the same skillet, add all the ingredients. Stir to combine. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Shrimps back to the skillet. Toss to combine with the sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve
Ask Me Anything