Simplest Roasted Zucchini with Spaghetti - A dish that will leave you wanting more of that summery goodness.
Though I have called this a simplest recipe, don't think that they are any less in taste. If you have ever tried roasted zucchini then you will know that this recipe will be absolutely amazing.
I have always been a fan of roasted zucchini. Last week I made this Zucchini fritters, well they were not exactly roasted zucchini but you could sorta get that taste.
If it was possible then I would have named this recipe - Roasted Zucchini and Bell Pepper with Spaghetti.
I know we are very comforting making spaghetti with meatballs. But, try this easy recipe for once. I am telling you that you would want to make this again and again and again. Also, read Baked Spaghetti.
Not bragging about this, but it is truly tasty and I really want you to try the flavors.
Let's Talk about Taste
This spaghetti is not like any other spaghetti. It is spicy, it is cheesy, and it has all the goodness of roasted zucchini and bell pepper. The roasted zucchini feels amazing when paired with spaghetti. However, for me, the major highlight was the spicy buttery breadcrumb mix that I had prepared at last. For me, that hit out of the park. It was so so so good. Sorta buttery with a hint of garlic and that mind-blowing crunch, all of that came together to make this recipe super duper tasty!
What are some Other Variations of this recipe?
I always leave room for changes in my recipes. Therefore I want to talk to you guys about certain changes that you could make.
You know swap something and make a little change in the recipe so as to appeal to your family. I get that, in fact, I do that all the time. So, let's talk a bit about that.
- Pasta - Instead of Spaghetti you could use Pasta, simple Fusili Pasta with tomato basil could make an excellent dish.
- Ziti - Yes, even ziti could be an excellent addition in place of spaghetti.
- Lemon Basil Pesto Pasta - You could use this recipe of mine that uses Lemon Basil and Pesto seasoning and add in this recipe. It would take the recipe to a whole new level. You could maybe call it - Roasted Zucchini with Lemon Basil Pesto Pasta. Sounds fun. Right?
- Honey Garlic: If you are unsure about lemon basil pesto or tomato basil then try this honey garlic combination. What you can do is cook the spaghetti as per the directions and then while roasting zucchini and bell peppers you could add in some honey garlic sauce. It would take the dish to a whole new level. You can take some clue from this Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe. or Honey Garlic Salmon
- Garlic Parmesan Zucchini - If you are too apprehensive about the above combination and want to go with something truly classic, then there cannot be anything better than Garlic Parmesan combo.
Things to take care while making Roasted Zucchini with Spaghetti
Since I have made this recipe, I can tell you what can go wrong. So, I wanted to give you guys a little heads up before you started off.
- Cooking Spaghetti: While you have cooked spaghetti, you need to strain it and then run some cold tap water over it. This will stop the cooking process instantly and will not make your spaghetti too mushy. Be careful, since the pan is hot, and the steam is hotter. I, unfortunately, burnt my hand while straining it. So, be careful.
- Roasting Zucchini: First thing first. Cut thin rounds of zucchini. The thinner the slice or rounds the crispier they would get. So, make sure that they are not more than 1/2 inch thick. While roasting zucchini, make sure that they turn beautifully golden brown.
- Cooking Bell Peppers: If you don't want your bell peppers to get overcooked along with zucchini, you can add it later on.
Simplest Roasted Zucchini with Spaghetti
- 9 Oz Spaghetti 255g
- 1 Oz Zucchini 2 small zucchinis
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs 200g
- 4-5 Cloves Minced Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt Or AS PER TASTE
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Grounded Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded at home
- 2-3 Spring Chopped Cilantro
- Bring a Pot of water to boil and cook pasta as per package directions.
- In a skillet add some extra virgin olive oil and throw in chopped zucchini along with chopped bell peppers and garlic. Season it with Salt and Black Pepper as per your taste and stir over high heat until the veggies get roasted completely
- Add the cooked spaghetti in the skillet and stir well. Add shredded Mozzarella Cheese and mix well until it combines.
- In a non-stick pan, heat a knob of butter. Throw in some chopped garlic, panko breadcrumbs, and some cayenne pepper. Give all of that a good stir over high heat and turn off the flame when the mixture turns slightly golden brown.
- Serve Spaghetti with roasted zucchini and bell pepper. Top with the spicy buttery breadcrumb mix. Enjoy!