Simple Avocado Bread Recipe - Ripe Avocados are mashed and tossed in a basic banana bread batter with some fresh lime juice makes this an outrageously delicious recipe. Don't confuse this Avocado Toast.
This avocado bread recipe is moist, delicious, healthy breakfast recipe that you can add fruits, chocolate chips, or any other toppings you desire to make it the best avocado bread you’ve ever had!
Deliciously Healthy Bread with Minimal Ingredients
Avocados are packed with nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. Avocados are excellent for your heart health. I bet you've had so many Avocado recipes in the past. If you ask me, I love avocados.
But, I swear I didn't know that there could be something as delicious as Avocado Bread.
This is the best avocado bread recipe that is healthy, moist, slightly dense, and so good. And the best thing is that it is vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free and dairy-free.
Healthy & Moist Avocado Bread packed with Good Taste
Avocado Bread is a great weekend breakfast or brunch and a fantastic way to use avocados before they go bad.
Moist, Soft, and Super Delicious, I served Avocado Bread recipe with simply a dollop of salted butter. You can go with Jam or any other dips. Try it with my favorite Apple Jam.
If you want to get even more creative you can top it with Honey Butter Glaze.
Ingredients needed to make Fluffy Avocado bread
- Flour - choose your own gluten free flour (if you want to make this gluten free)
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Melted Butter
- Maple Syrup - can be replaced with Honey or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ripe Avocados
How to Make Moist Avocado Bread
Here is a brief overview on How you can make Moist, rich, and fluffy Avocado bread recipe from scratch. Jump to the card for complete step by step recipe.
- STEP 1: Combine All the Dry Ingredients
In a mixing bowl combine Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Ground Cinnamon.
- STEP 2: Combine All the Wet Ingredients
In a mixing bowl combine Melted Butter, Maple Syrup, Pure Vanilla Extract, Eggs, and ripe avocados (roughly mashed).
- STEP 3: Mix in Wet and Dry Ingredients
Combine Dry Ingredients (Flour Mixture) gradually into the avocado mixture. Stir gently until combined.
- STEP 4: Bake
Pour in a non-stick loaf tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30-45 minutes.
Allow Avocado Bread to cool down completely. Top it with Honey Butter glaze.
- Chocolate Chips - Chocolate Chips makes an excellent addition to this Avocado Bread.
- Banana - Fresh Bananas can make it sweet, fruity, and all the more delicious.
- Honey - You can replace Maple Syrup with Honey.
- Buttermilk - Homemade or store bought buttermilk can be added to this Avocado Bread recipe. But be careful about how much to add. Too much buttermilk can make your bread become absolutely flat.
Is Avocado bread healthy?
Avocado is one of the healthiest fruit ever. Packed with nutrients and minerals Avocado bread is super healthy. And, if you want to make it healthier, then you can use Monk Fruit Sweatner.
To make Gluten Free Avocado bread you can use Almond Flour instead of all purpose flour.
How do you eat Avocado bread?
Allow your Avocado bread to cool down completely. Use a sharp knife to cut the loaf into slices. Serve with jam or butter.
More Bread Recipes
- Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake with Lemon Sugar Glaze
- Orange Cardamom Loaf Cake with Oil
- Healthy Banana Walnut Bread with Flax
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
Simple Avocado Bread Recipe without Sugar
- 1½ cup all purpose flour replace with gluten-free flour of your choice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup melted unsalted butter
- ¾ cup maple syrup make it ½ cup if you want it less sweet, 1 cup of you want it more sweet
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 large ripe avocados peeled, pitted, and roughly mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf tin with non-stick cooking spray. Line it with a parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh. Place it in a bowl. Mash using a fork. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine eggs, vanilla, melted butter, maple syrup, and roughly mashed ripe avocados.
- Gradually combine flour mixture with avocado mixture. Fold in gently using a rubber or wooden spatula. Do not over mix.
- Squeeze in fresh lemon juice over the avocado bread batter and mix it in.
- Transfer the bread mixture to the prepared loaf tin. Press it down on the kitchen counter top. Transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30-45 minutes.
- Cool it down completely and then cut it into slices. Serve with a dollop of bread or jam.