Easy Shrimp Tostadas with Avocado Salsa is a quick and easy Mexican dinner recipe. Crispy Tortillas topped with Refried Beans and Cotija cheese is topped with a quick Shrimp Avocado Salsa, crumbled Cotija Cheese, Lime Juice and Cilantro. This is an easy Mexican dinner recipe which can be made within 20 min from scratch.
I have used simple Baked Shrimps here. However you can use grilled Shrimps as well to make Grilled Shrimp Tostadas.
I just LOVE Shrimp Tostadas. The crispy Corn Tortillas are the best part about these Tostadas.
The Refried Beans along with Cotija Cheese add to the taste and texture of these Shrimp Tostadas.
Also the Avocado Salsa is just the best! It adds to the creamy texture in these Shrimp Tostadas.
I wanted to make Shrimp Tostadas for the longest time. The first time I had it was in a food truck and since then I was smitten by its taste, texture and flavors.
Today when I made it and had it for the first time, it felt super good! I felt so great that the taste was exactly like the ones from a food truck and every one went crazy about it.
More Mexican Seafood Recipes
- Shrimp Creole
- Easy Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya
- Baja Shrimp Tacos
- Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- Blackened Shrimp Tacos
Let's Talk Tostadas
Tostadas are so easily found in all stores today. However I always make them at home. Its simply just roasting or frying the Tortilla until crispy! So easy and Super fun!!!
When you think about it Tostadas are nothing but open faced Tacos. And you can add anything in the topping. From Shrimp to Chicken to Salmon to Beef to Pork.
You can add store-bought slaw or make your own.
You can make a quick Salsa to serve over these Tostadas. Here I have used Avocado Salsa. But you can use any salsa you love.
More Salsa topping options:
Ingredients needed for Shrimp Tostadas
FOR THE AVOCADO CORN SALSA
- Avocados - cut into thin slices
- Corn - grilled or frozen
- Cucumber - diced
- Red Onion - thinly sliced
- Tomatoes - finely chopped
- Jalapenos - finely chopped
FOR THE SHRIMP TOSTADAS
- Shrimps - cooked or grilled
- Corn Tortillas - Grilled until crispy
- Refried Beans
- Cotija Cheese
- Lime Juice
- Freshly chopped Cilantro
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Shrimp Tostadas
Here is Step by Step guide on how to make the best Shrimp Tostadas with creamy Avocado Corn Salsa.
Cook the Shrimps in the oven. Lay them in a baking dish. Drizzle Olive Oil, salt and pepper, toss until combined and roast @425F for 4-5 min. Toss after 3 min for even roasting.
Combine Shrimps with chopped Avocados, Cucumbers, Red Onions, Jalapenos, Tomatoes, Corn. Add Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin and Lime Juice to it and toss to combine.
To make homemade Toastadas, Roast Corn Tortillas in a grill or fry with a little oil or roast in the oven @400F for 5 min until they gets crispy.
Spread Refried Beans over the Tortillas, Top with crumbled Cotija Cheese and broil in the oven for 3-4 min.
Next, add the Avocado Shrimp Salsa over it. Top with some chopped Cilantro and serve.
Hint: I love to broil the Tortillas after adding the Refried beans and cheese. This melts the cheese and makes these Shrimp Tostadas taste so good.
- Chicken or Ground Beef - instead of Shrimp you can use Shredded Chicken or Rotisserie Chicken or Ground beef. Cook it before use.
- Guacamole - you can skip Refried Beans and use Guacamole
- Queso Blanco - instead of Cotija Cheese use Queso Blanco for more flavors.
- Vegetarian Tostadas - Make Easy Vegetarian Tostadas with vegetables of your choice. From Zucchini to Yellow Squash to Jackfruit to Mushrooms etc.
- Low Carb Tortilla - use Low Carb Cauliflower Tortilla which is healthier and Gluten free. OR use your favorite brand of Gluten Free Tortilla.
- Spicy - add chopped Chipotle Peppers or Cayenne Pepper to make the topping spicy.
- Creamy - drizzle Sour Cream or Avocado Crema on top to make Creamy Tostadas.
Top Tips to make the Best Shrimp Tostadas
- You can make homemade Tostadas. Just fry Tortillas using a little oil in a skillet until they turn crispy
- OR Roast in the oven. Brush both sides of Tortilla with olive oil and roast @400F for 3-4 min.
- You can buy store bought Tostadas as well.
- To make it a bit spicy you can add some Salsa.
- If you're allergic to Seafood then replace with shredded Chicken, Pork or Beef.
More Easy Mexican Dinners
- Buffalo Cauliflower Burrito
- Mexican Shredded Beef Tacos (in slow cooker)
- Carnitas Tacos - Crock Pot Pork Carnitas
- Ground Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Chimichangas (BAKED)
- Chicken Sour Cream Enchiladas
- Red Chicken Enchiladas
- Turkey Enchiladas
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
Shrimp Tostadas with Avocado Salsa
- ½ cup Corn fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 large Red onion finely chopped
- 1 large Tomato finely chopped
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1 Lime Juiced
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- BAKE THE SHRIMP: Lay the Shrimps in a layer in a sheet pan. Toss with Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper. Bake @400F for 3-4 min. OR Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Shrimps and cook for 3-4 min. Set aside
- MAKE SALSA: Combine Shrimps with Corn, Red Onions, Tomatoes, Avocados, Lime Juice and Chopped Cilantro.
- MAKE TOSTADAS - To make homemade Tostadas, fry Tortillas with little oil until crispy or roast in the oven by brushing olive oil on both sides or Tortilla and roast @400F for 5 min. (Skip this step if you're using store bought Tostadas)
- ASSEMBLE - Spread a thin layer of Refried Beans on each Tostadas. Top with shredded Cheese and broil for 2-3 min. Add the Salsa and Shrimp on top and serve immediately.