If there is one recipe that can compete with stuffed shells in terms of taste, it is this Roasted Red Pepper Shell Pasta recipe. The roasted Red Pepper sauce brings a creamy and smoky taste to the Pasta.
Besides that, there are loads of Parmesan and fresh basil to give this recipe a touch of completeness.
I never knew Roasted Red Pepper has such a beautiful taste until I tried it today. Forget about taste.
After you've roasted your Red Bell Pepper and blended it into a smooth paste, the smell you get is simply out of this world. It's so good. It's just the sort of appetizing aroma that we get when we visit some high-end restaurants.
It has a beautiful smoky sort of taste and a creamy texture. When you add it to your Shell Pasta Recipe, it takes it to a whole new level.
Honestly, I have become a fan of this taste, texture, and fragrance.
This means I am gonna make so many more recipes with Roasted Red Pepper in the coming weeks.
Ingredients you'll Need to Make this Red Pepper Shell Pasta Recipe:
- Red Bell Pepper - Well the star of the show, you will need 1 red bell pepper to roast and another chopped.
- Onions - You can use yellow onions or red onions. But, you need at least medium-sized Onions.
- Garlic - I just love garlic. And, therefore while making this recipe, I have added at least 6-7 cloves of minced garlic.
- Yellow Bell Pepper - Besides adding roasted red bell pepper, I also add some chopped Yellow Bell Pepper. It brings a beautiful color to the recipe and also adds that much need crunch to this shell pasta recipe.
- Heavy Cream - Heavy Cream adds that creaminess to our pasta making it taste all the more good.
- Medium Pasta Shells - I prefer Medium Pasta Shells. However, you are free to replace this with a pasta that you like.
- Smoked Paprika - Just for that little heat you need a slight touch of smoked paprika.
- Ground Cumin - Ground Cumin brings an earthy tone and texture to our recipe.
- Dried Oregano - For that beautiful Italian herby taste I prefer some dried Oregano.
- Salt & Freshly Cracked Black Pepper - The two cousins without whom every single recipe stays incomplete.
- Parmesan Cheese - To give your shell pasta recipe a beautiful touch of creaminess and cheesiness.
- Fresh Basil - After all, how can anything be complete without some basil in it right?
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Shell Pasta:
- Roast Red Pepper: Chop Red Pepper from the center and de-seed it. See the video (below) for a better understanding. Roast it in high flame until charred from all sides. Allow it to cool down and then make a smooth puree of this roasted red pepper.
- Saute Onions and Garlic: Saute Onions and Garlic in some heated olive oil until nice and fragrant. Add chopped Yellow and Red Bell Pepper and stir well for about a minute.
- Add Roasted Red Pepper Sauce: Pour in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and stir well. Add Heavy Cream and mix it in.
- Add Shell Pasta: The Shell Pasta has been cooked as per package directions. Now we'll add it to our recipe.
- Add Spices: I use three spices - Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin, and Dried Oregano. Besides that, season this with Salt and Freshly cracked black pepper.
- Finish off with Parmesan: Finally, add Parmesan Cheese and stir it in. Garnish with fresh basil and serve hot.
- Tortellini: Instead of Medium Shell Pasta you can use Tortellini or any sort of pasta that you like.
- Italian Sausages: Though this recipe doesn't need any meat in it if you like you can always add some Italian Sausages while making this pasta recipe.
- Chicken: Wanna add more protein? Why not add some chicken to it? You can precook your chicken and add Shredded chicken or else you can make small cubes of chicken and roast it with some oil.
- Ground Beef: Well, if you can add Italian Sausages and Chicken, then you can surely add some Ground Beef as well. After all, can there be anything more comforting than ground beef? I guess not!
- Burrata: For a creamy taste and texture I can suggest you add some Burrata on top. It will make it taste so damn good.
Roasted Red Pepper Shell Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces Medium Pasta Shells cook as per package directions
- 3-4 Large Red Bell Peppers divided
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Medium-sized Onions finely chopped
- 7-8 cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Large Yellow Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil finely chopped
- Fire roast Red Bell pepper until it gets charred evenly from all sides. Once it cools down, chop it off and remove the seed. Blend it into a smooth puree, keep aside.
- Cook Medium Shell pasta until al dente as per package directions. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat some Olive Oil. As the oil shimmers, add chopped onions and minced garlic. Stir on medium-low heat for 1-minute or until it gets fragrant. Add chopped Bell Pepper and stir well for another minute.
- Add the Pureed Roasted Red Bell Pepper into the saucepan. Allow it to come to a slow boil.
- Add the cooked pasta and heavy cream to the sauce. Also, add the Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin, and Dried Oregano. Stir to combine. Turn off the heat and add some grated Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine the cheese. Check the salt & pepper and add more if required.
- Serve the Pasta with some more grated Parmesan and chopped Basil on top.