Maple and Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash is one of the easiest sides or weeknight roasted veggies dinner recipe. It's such a simple and easy recipe but the flavors are off the charts. The sweetness of Maple, along with Cinnamon brings the perfect holiday taste to this cosy side dish. Also, the beautiful fragrance of Rosemary over these Roasted Butternut Squash is super amazing.
I just love Butternut Squash. This is one of my favorite Autumn and Winter veggies. I love to use it for my Butternut Squash Soup, Vegetarian Chili, with chicken for this fall favorite Apple Butternut Squash Chicken Thighs in Crockpot or use it in Tacos and ofcourse for my favorite Fall Salads.
I just love this time of the year. With September almost about to end, its time to enjoy fresh, tender and juicy Butternut Squashes.
We love to serve this Roasted Butternut Squash for a perfect holiday side. It's simple, easy and of course, elegant and delicious. I mean, the combination of Maple and Cinnamon in itself is such a winner. And add fresh Rosemary to that....mmmm..it'll leave your home smelling like a cosy fall orchard.😋
😋 Why you'll love these Roasted Butternut Squash
I love making this Roasted Butternut Squash for a perfect Fall Plant Based Dinner recipe. Also,
- This is super easy to make. And is Sooooo Good. The only thing thats time taking is peeling and chopping the Butternut Squash, However you can do that easily. (more on that below)
- The flavors of Roasted Butternut Squash is beyond delicious. Its super super delicious and gets perfectly roasted and caramelised with Maple and Cinnamon tasting so good.
- Butternut Squash is one of the healthiest fall and winter veggie. Know more about Health Benefits of Butternut Squash here.
🥘 Maple Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
I just love to use Maple and Cinnamon along with Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil and Rosemary to roast my Butternut Squash. It makes it sweet and that hint of Cinnamon tastes so amazing.
I love Cinnamon everything. Infact, every time i reach for that bottle of ground Cinnamon, I feel myself smiling. You know, my mom always say that I use a lot of Cinnamon in my recipes. But I am like, its just a teaspoon and a little Cinnamon in everything makes it taste so damn good. Are you really like me? Do you love Cinnamon???
Okay, so if you don't. It's alright. Don't fret, I have used just 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon in this recipe. However, if you're not a fan of Cinnamon, you might want to reduce the quantity down to 1/2 tsp. Just a hint of this amazing spice is still going to flavor the Roasted Butternut Squash perfectly and taste so amazing.
💪 Is Butternut Squash Healthy?
Yes of course, Butternut Squash is high in vitamin C and A is si a huge source of Potassium. Its super easy to make and is one of the healthiest source of Magnesium in a veggie.
- 😋 Why you'll love these Roasted Butternut Squash
- 🥘 Maple Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
- 💪 Is Butternut Squash Healthy?
- 🥘 Ingredients required
- 👩🍳 Instructions
- 🥗 What to Serve with Roasted Butternut Squash
- 🧊 How to Store Roasted Butternut Squash
- 🍱 Make Ahead Instructions
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Storage Instructions
- Make Ahead Instructions
🥘 Ingredients required
- Butternut Squash - Peeled, seeded and Chopped into 1 inch cubes. You can use frozen chopped Butternut Squash as well. However, remember to thaw it overnight before use.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper
- Dried Rosemary
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly chopped Parsley
See recipe card for quantities.
STEP 1: Peel and Chop Butternut Squash
- You can use pre cut frozen Butternut Squash (thaw it before use)
- Peel the skin of the Butternut Squash
- Scoop out the seeds using a spoon
- Chop the Butternut Squash, lengthwise into half
- Chop each half into small cubes
STEP 2: Toss with Oil and spices
- Toss the chopped Butternut Squash cubes with Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Cinnamon, Dried Rosemary, Dried Red Pepper Flakes, and Maple Syrup. Toss until combined
- Lay in a greased baking dish and bake @400F for 10 min.
- After 10 min, toss with a spatula and bake for another 10 min.
STEP 3: Garnish & Serve
- Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and serve.
🥗 What to Serve with Roasted Butternut Squash
Roasted Butternut Squash is a perfect holiday side. You can serve this with roasted Chicken or Roasted Turkey or Ham.
🧊 How to Store Roasted Butternut Squash
You can freeze this by storing them in a single layer in an airtight container and freeze for upto 3 months. Once these get frozen, you can even transfer them to a freezer safe ziploc bag and freeze. You can thaw these overnight and gently reheat in the oven before servingYou can refrigerate this for upto a week in an airtight container.
Reheat - You can reheat this in the oven. Place them in a single layer in a sheet pan or baking dish and reheat @350F for 10 minutes or microwave on full power until heated through. You can also reheat this in the skillet. Cook on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through and serve.
🍱 Make Ahead Instructions
You can use pre cut frozen Butternut Squash. However, remember to thaw them overnight in the refrigerator before use. Also, you can cut the Butternut Squash and freeze this to use later. To make it a day ahead, chop and store Butternut squash in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 large Butternut Squash (2-3 lbs) peeled, seeded and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper or as per taste
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes optional
- Freshly chopped Parsley for garnish
- Position the oven racks in the upper and lower third of the oven. Grease a sheet pan or baking dish with olive oil.
- Add the chopped Butternut Squash to the Sheet Pan. Add all the ingredients except for freshly chopped Parsley. Toss to combine. Arrange them in a single layer. (do not overlap) Drizzle Olive Oil on top and Bake @400F for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from the oven. Toss with a spatula and bake again for 10 more minutes @400F.
- Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and Serve