Ranch Cheddar Buffalo Pinwheels or Ranch Tortilla Roll-Ups is one of the quickest and easiest Appetizers that can be made in less than 10-minutes. You can also call them Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups with Cheddar and Ranch. These Tortilla Pinwheels are a tasty Crowd-Pleasing Game Day Appetizer that you must try. Talking about Game Day appetizers have you tried these - Loaded Sweet Potato Skins
Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups are anyway hugely popular Game Day Appetizer. So is Ranch Cheddar Bacon Pinwheels. I thought, why not mix these two to make something unique and tasty. And, that is how I decided to make this recipe.
Bacon Ranch Cheddar Pinwheels are no doubt really amazing. But these Pinwheels are frozen and then served. And, bacon tastes so bad when frozen. Hence I decided to skip the bacon.
After having tried it in my test kitchen I realized that Ranch Cheddar Pinwheels taste extremely bland and boring on their own. So, to give it a spicy touch or just to add in that hint of spice I decided to add Buffalo Sauce. After all, we love everything Buffalo, don't we?
In this Game Day Appetizers, you get everything that you need. There is Chicken, there is creamy Ranch dressing, there is Buffalo sauce, Cream Cheese, and Cheddar Cheese to balance the taste.
You can also serve these Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels for tailgate parties. They are surely gonna be something that people are gonna be interested in.
What You'll Love about these Tortilla Pinwheels?
- Less than 10-minutes: When you are hosting a party or when the boys are busy watching the Big Game, the last thing you want to do is stay stuck in your kitchen. It is during those times, recipes like this come in handy.
- Fewer Ingredients: Most of the time we decide to skip a recipe because it demands too many ingredients. But not this. In this Ranch Cheddar Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels, all we need is Shredded Chicken, Cheddar Cheese, Cream Cheese, Ranch Dressing, and Buffalo Sauce. Of course, you cannot miss the Tortillas.
- Excellent Taste: Why do we make anything? For its taste right? Well, this Chicken Pinwheels recipe is exactly that. Loaded with creamy Ranch and Cream Cheese these Pinwheels are super amazing. On top of that, you have the spicy Buffalo sauce that makes it taste so good.
Well, honestly this list is endless. And I might not be able to tell you everything right here. For that, you got to make it and know.
How to Make Ranch Cheddar Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels?
- Toast Tortillas: Toast tortillas in a skillet over medium heat until slightly charred around the edges. Flip over and toast another side as well.
- Shred Chicken: Use Shredded Rotisserie Chicken or Cooked Chicken. Shred Chicken using two forks and keep in a large mixing bowl.
- Add Filling: Into this add cooked shredded chicken breasts, shredded cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce.
- Mix the filling: Use a spatula to mix the filling and combine everything well.
- Add the filling in Tortilla: Add the filling in the tortilla. Spread it out evenly.
- Roll and Slice: Roll up this tortilla tightly and then slice them into 3/4 inch slices using a serrated knife. Garnish with Fresh cilantro and serve right away.
Tips to Make the Ranch Cheddar Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels:
- Don't toast Tortillas too Much: If you toast your tortillas too much it will become hard and you will have a hard time rolling them.
- Add Even Filling: You cannot add too much filling nor can you add too little filling. It's all about striking a balance. Too much filling will make it difficult for you to roll and when you cut it the filling will spill over from the sides.
- Don't add bacon if serving later: If you are making this ahead of time and you want to add Bacon then I strongly suggest you not add bacon. Bacon when frozen will taste really bad.
Other Appetizers you can Make:
- Cheesy Spinach Dip Puff Bites
- Bonefish Grill bang bang shrimp
- Cauliflower Wings in Air Fryer
- Jalapeno Mac and Cheese Balls
- Baked Buttermilk Biscuit wreath Dip
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Mashed Potato Balls with cheesy centers
- Cheesy Jalapeño Cheddar Spice Dip
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik.
Ranch Cheddar Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels or Tortilla Roll Ups
- 3 Large Flour Tortillas
- 1 Pound Chicken Breast 450g 9 (boneless, skinless) or Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese 83g
- ½ Cup Cream Cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoon Buffalo Sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoon Ranch Dressing
- Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat toast tortillas until lightly brown (especially around the edges). Flip over and toast another side as well. This takes about 1-2 minutes.
- Shred Cooked Chicken using fork and keep in a large mixing bowl.
- Into this add Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Cream Cheese, Ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce. Mix well using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Place this filling in your toasted tortilla and wrap it up from one side gently. Make sure to roll it tightly.Now grab a serrated knife and cut out clean and sharp Tortilla rolls. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro. Serve right away.
- Make Ahead of time: You can definitely make these Buffalo Ranch Cheddar Chicken Pinwheels ahead of time. You can make it at least 24 hours ahead of time. And while serving, just slice them into pinwheels and serve.
- Tortilla Turned soggy? If your Tortilla has turned soggy then just reduce the quantity of filling. Too much filling actually turns your tortilla soggy.
- Storage Instructions: Well we can definitely store these Tortilla roll-ups in an air-tight container at room temperature. But, store it just for 1 day. If you store beyond 1 day your tortillas are gonna turn bland and soggy. So, it is better to consume these chicken pinwheels right when they are cooked.
Ask Me Anything