Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies - an exceptionally easy cookie recipe that tastes unbelievably YUM!
Do you think this is a plain chocolate chip cookie? Well, it definitely looks like that on the outer. But, wait! There is a surprise for you. Take a bite. You will see an Oreo stuffed within. Imagine, you get the beauty of two cookies in one cookie. And, what's more, is that you have both your favorite cookies blending in together. On one hand, there is the all-time favorite chocolate chip cookie and on the other hand, you've got Oreo cookies. Isn't that the dream guys?
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Having had so many chocolate chips cookies yesterday, I was simply getting bored. Really? Can anyone ever get bored with chocolate chip cookies? Well, I was. It was kind of too much. I had gone to this Parent Teacher meet and there were Lemon Blueberry Scones and Chocolate chip cookies as a snack. I couldn't help but munch on at least 10-12 chocolate chip cookies. Don't get me started on the looks I got.
Anyhoo, today morning I woke up on a major cookie hangover and wanted to do nothing but make something else. So, taking inspiration from my likes I decided to take these chocolate chip cookies to a whole new level. You know kind of like that thing which you love a lot and then one day you decide to upgrade it - so that you get some more of the goodness but in a different form.
So, I ended up making these Oreo Stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
How to Make Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies?
To make these cookies, all you have to do is make a chocolate chip cookie dough. Do you like chocolate chip cookie dough? I mean, I just LOVE it. That buttery smell, that brownish buttery texture with small little chocolate chips peeking out from the sides, Ummm!!, just cannot get enough of that.
Now once you've made your chocolate chip cookie dough, you need to take about a scoop of that dough, flatten it out with your hands and then, place one Oreo cookie - preferably with vanilla cream filling - onto that. Then simply wrap the cookie dough around the oreo. Make it look like one whole chocolate chip cookie. Got it? If not then see the video for more clarity.
Finally, bake these cute little cookies, at 320°F or 160°C for 14-minutes. Once they are baked, leave it in the oven for 5 minutes. Then bring it out and transfer them onto a cooling rack and let them come to room temperature for about 30-minutes. Don't put them in the freezer to speed up the cooling process.
And, finally - only if you want you can sprinkle some sea salt over these cookies - enjoy with a glass of warm milk.
What should I Do, My Dough is too Sticky?
If you see that your dough is too sticky and you are just not able to wrap it around your Oreos, then simply add in some flour. Adding the flour will soak excess moisture from your cookie dough bringing it back to the correct consistency.
What To Do When My Cookie Dough is too Dry?
If you see that your cookie dough has become too dry and you are just not able to work with it, let alone wrapping it around an Oreo, then just add 1 teaspoon Vegetable oil. The moment you add oil your cookie dough will become absolutely smooth. You can easily get that ideal cookie dough texture.
What should be the Ideal Cookie Dough Texture?
Ideally, your cookie dough shouldn't stick to your hands and it should be extremely soft. Not too hard and not too tight. You should be able to take it from one hand to another with no cookie dough sticking to your hands.
What is my secret ingredient to make the perfect cookie?
I have a secret ingredient that I add in all of my cookies. It is Cornstarch. Cornstarch gives a beautiful texture to my cookies making them hold its shape and not spread at all.
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Sticks Butter 100g (melted and at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoon Plain Yogurt replacement for 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup AP Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Dark Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip
- 2 Pack Oreos preferably with vanilla cream filling
- Preheat the Oven to 320°F OR 160°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk brown sugar, granulated white sugar, and butter until smooth and creamy. Add yogurt (or 1 egg) and pure vanilla extract and mix well.Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cornstarch. Give everything a good mix. If the dough seems too dry add some vegetable oil and bring it to an ideal cookie dough consistency. Read the post to learn more about ideal cookie dough consistency.Add in chocolate chip and get everything together. Don't use a blender as you don't want to overbeat your batter. Use your hands or a balloon whisk to get everything together. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and chill it in the freezer for 20-minutes.
- Bring back the cookie dough to normal temperature. Take one scoop of cookie dough with your hands. Flatten it out with your fingers. Place the flattened out cookie dough on your palms. Place one oreo right at the center of the flattened out cookie dough and wrap the cookie dough around the oreo. Make a cookie shaped ball and keep it on the lined baking sheet. Repeat the same with all of your cookie dough.Keep some gap between each cookie as it might spread a little.
- Bake these Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies in the preheated oven for exactly 14 minutes. Once the oven beeps done, switch it off and let them stay as it is in the oven for 5 minutes. Then after 5-minutes take them out and let them come to room temperature for 20-minutes.Enjoy with a tall glass of milk.