Orange Cranberry Cheesecake with a buttery gingersnap crust is the best Cheesecake factory cheesecake recipe ever! This Cranberry Cheesecake is probably the best way to use leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving.
Citrusy and Sweet Orange Cranberry Sauce topped over fluffy and creamy cheesecake is just too good. Its an heavenly dessert when served for Christmas.
Its time we stop using cranberry for cheesecake topping. But rather use it as a sauce to make this very festive and holiday-ish Orange Cranberry Cheesecake!!
This super easy cheesecake with cranberry glaze is a perfect Christmas dessert. Thick and tall New York Cheesecake with Cranberry Sauce glaze is going to be your new favorite holiday dessert.
- Best Easy Cheesecake Recipe for Christmas
- Why you'll love this Cranberry Cheesecake
- Ingredients needed to make Orange Cranberry Cheesecake
- How to make Cranberry Cheesecake
- No Bake Cranberry Cheesecake
- Cranberry Sauce for Cheesecake
- Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Which size of Srpingform pan should I use for cheesecake?
- Do Cranberries go with Cheesecake?
- How to make a Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake?
- can you half a cheesecake recipe
- Top Tips to Bake the Perfect Cheesecake Recipe
- More Delicious Christmas Desserts to try
- More Cheesecake Recipes for holidays
- Orange Cranberry Cheesecake with gingersnap crust
Best Easy Cheesecake Recipe for Christmas
Sweet and tangy Cranberry Sauce over light, creamy and fluffy Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, paired with spicy and buttery gingersnap crust!
The perfect holiday dessert you could ever ask for!!
Why you'll love this Cranberry Cheesecake
This Cranberry Cheesecake might look really fancy and sophisticated but this is actually a really easy Cheesecake recipe to make.
Rich and Creamy Cream Cheese, Sugar, Vanilla, Eggs and Orange Zest makes for the perfect cheesecake recipe ever. Its so light, soft and fluffy.
The best part is of course the buttery, gingery and cinnamon-y gingersnap crust. The rich and spicy taste of the gingersnap crust really compliments the creamy texture of cheesecake.
And of course the hero of this cheesecake is Cranberry sauce topping. Sweet and Tarty Cranberry sauce instantly gets you in the holiday feels.
Unlike other complex cheesecake this one gets ready instantly. Also you can easily make it ahead of time or turn it into cheesecake bars!
Ingredients needed to make Orange Cranberry Cheesecake
FOR THE GINGERSNAP CRUST
- Gingersnap cookie crumbs
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- kosher salt
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Orange Zest
- Vanilla Extract
FOR THE CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE FOR CHEESECAKE
Can use leftover Cranberry Sauce or
- Orange Juice
- Fresh Orange Zest
- Maple Syrup
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Grated Nutmeg
- Kosher Salt
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Cranberry Cheesecake
Cranberry Cheesecake recipe is actually made in many different ways. While I like to top my Cranberry Cheesecake with leftover cranberry sauce. You can top with candied Cranberries and fresh rosemary sprigs as well.
Candied Cranberries makes for a great Cranberry Cheesecake topping.
Use this section for process shots, alternating between the step and image showing the step. Users don't like seeing process shots cluttering up the recipe card, so include your process shots here.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the rack in the middle of the oven.
Pulse Gingersnap cookies, Melted Butter, Salt and Granulated sugar in a food processor. Pulse until combined.
Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Freeze until the cheesecake mixture is ready.
Beat Cream Cheese, Sugar and Sour Cream in a mixer on high speed until combined through.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time followed by the Cornstarch and Vanilla. Beat for about 2 min until combined.
Fill a roasting pan about halfway through with hot boiling water. Pour the cheesecake filling over the prepared crust. Set in the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 1 hour 10 min.
Turn off the heat and allow the cheesecake to sit in the hot oven for atleast 30 min.
Cover and refrigerate overnight or for 8 hours at least.
To make the Cranberry Compote, combine cranberries with granulated sugar and set aside so that it releases some of the juices.
Meanwhile combine Orange Juice, Sugar, Orange Zest, and Maple Syrup in a saucepan. Cook for 10 min over medium low heat until the sauce thickens and sticks to the back of the spatula.
Add the cranberries and cook for 5-7 min or until they begin to burst. Transfer this cranberry orange compote to a bowl and refrigerate for about 30 min.
Remember to refrigerate overnight or at least for 8 hours before serving.
Hint: run a hot knife around the edge of the cheesecake and then remove the spring foam ring. Top the cheesecake with cranberry compote and mint leaves and serve.
No Bake Cranberry Cheesecake
Since this is essentially a winter cheesecake so I love to bake it. However its really easy to make No Bake Cranberry Cheesecake as it freezes and sets really quickly.
- freeze the crust - add the gingernsnap crust mixture in the springform pan and freeze for about an hour
- freeze cheesecake - add cheesecake mixture over the crust and freeze for 4-8 hours. Thaw overnight before serving.
- Cranberry - add cranberry sauce or candied cranberries over the cheesecake right before serving.
Cranberry Sauce for Cheesecake
You can use leftover Cranberry Sauce from Thanksgiving for a great cranberry sauce over cheesecake.
I always save about a cup of Cranberry Orange Sauce from Thanksgiving dinner. Its so useful later to just serve with Brioche or make this super fun holiday cheesecake recipe.
Cheesecake with Cranberries are one of the most festive and holiday dessert you could ever ask for.
Besides a Cranberry Orange Cheesecake recipe you could also make this into Cranberry Orange Cheesecake bars by using this same recipe but baking it ina square 9-inch brownie baking dish.
Besides using leftover cranberry sauce or making cranberry compote for cheesecake, you can actually make candied cranberry topped cheesecake. Its much easier and looks so festive, especially with those rosemary sprigs.
Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake
You can even add the cranberry sauce over the cheesecake filling and gently swirl to make cranberry swirl cheesecake. I love swirl topping over my cheesecakes so this Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake is one of my favorite recipes.
Which size of Srpingform pan should I use for cheesecake?
Ideally, you must use a large springform pan which is about 9-10 inches big. Do not use 8-inches springform pan as the batter will overflow from it.
Refrigerate: Store leftover cheesecake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto a week. You can store leftover cheesecake wrapped with cling film in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze: You can freeze leftover cranberry cheesecake. Its best if you freeze individual slices. Wrap each cheesecake slice with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 weeks.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Do Cranberries go with Cheesecake?
Yes absolutely! Cranberry topping for cheesecake is loved and adored by everyone. You can use candied Cranberries or leftover Orange Cranberry sauce to glaze cheesecakes
How to make a Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake?
To make a white chocolate cranberry cheesecake you need to just melt white chocolate and add to the cheesecake mixture.
You can also go an extra mile and make white chocolate buttercream frosting to frost the Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake.
can you half a cheesecake recipe
4 inch Cheesecake recipe - to make two 4 inch cheesecakes or just one small 4-inch cheesecake, just cut the ingredients to half. Baking time would be 45 min at same temp. and 30 min of cooling time.
6-inch cheesecake recipe - reduce the recipe by 1/3. This works best for medium sized cheesecakes. It takes roughly about the same baking time as a 9-inch cheesecake would which is about 1 hout 10 min of bakign time and 30 min of cooling.
Top Tips to Bake the Perfect Cheesecake Recipe
- Use ingredients at room temp.
- Especailly eggs and cream cheese. If you are using cream cheese at room temp. it will mix easily with the mixture making for fluffy cheesecake
- Adds eggs one at a time while making the cheesecake batter
- Donot over mix the batter
- Donot open the oven door while the cheesecake is baking
- Donot over bake the cheesecake
- Allow the cheesecake to cool in the hot oven. Just keep the oven door open. This will prevent cracks
- Cover the cheesecake tightly with plastic wrap before you refrigerate for 4-8 hours or overnight.
More Delicious Christmas Desserts to try
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bites (NO-BAKE)
- Mango Mascarpone Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- No-Bake Mini Blackberry Cheesecake
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Mini Banana Cheesecakes
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes with Chocolate Ganache
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cups
- Peppermint Cheesecake Oreo Truffles
More Cheesecake Recipes for holidays
- No-Bake Gingerbread Cheesecake
- Spiced Nuts Sweet Potato Cheesecake Dip
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Fudge
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust in a Muffin Pan
- Caramel Apple Crumble Cheesecake
- Cherry Lemon Cheesecake Chimichangas
- No-Bake Key Lime Cheesecake Cups
- Blueberry Chamomile Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Eggless Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Mango Cheesecake Chimichangas
Orange Cranberry Cheesecake with gingersnap crust
- 1½ cup Gingersnap crumbs
- ⅕ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
cranberry cheesecake filling
- 40 oz cream cheese softened, at room temp, (5 packs of 8oz each)
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
homemade cranberry sauce (skip if using leftovers)
- 12 oz cranberries fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 2 inch cinnamon stick
- preheat the oven to 325 F. Place rack in the middle of the oven.
- Add the gingersnap cookies to a food processor along with sugar, melted butter, ground cinnamon and salt. Pulse a few times until the crumbs form. Transfer this gingersnap crumb mixture to a 9-inch round springform pan lined with parchment paper. Use a measuring cup or a spatula to press the crumbs to the bottom of the pan.
- Place this pan to the oven and bake for 10 min.
- Beat Cream Cheese, Sugar and Sour Cream in a mixer over high speed until combined through. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla, cornstarch, orange juice and orange zest. Beat for 2 min over low speed until combined. Do not over mix. Scrape down the sides of the bowl using a spatula and beat as necessary. Pour this cheesecake mixture over the prepared crust.
- Make Waterbath: Fill a roasting pan about halfway through with hot boiling water. Wrap the Springform pan with aluminum foil to prevent the cheesecake from leaking. Cut two about 20 inches ling of foil and place them one on top of other, perpendicular to each other and just wrap around the springform pan. Place it in the waterbath. Bake for 1 hour 10 min. To check if the cheesecake is done, shake the big pan. It should be pretty much set only the center should be slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and leave the oven door open. Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven until it comes down to room temp. (Doing this will prevent cracks)
- After the cheesecake has come down to room temp, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4-8 hours or overnight. This will allow the cheesecake to set perfectly. (Skip the last step if you are using leftover Cranberry Sauce)
- To make the Cranberry Compote, combine fresh or frozen Cranberries with granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl, and set aside so that it releases some of the juices. Meanwhile combine Orange Juice, Sugar, Orange Zest, and Maple Syrup in a saucepan over medium low heat. Cook for 10 min over medium low heat until the sauce thickens and sticks to the back of the spatula. Add the Cranberries and cook for 5-7 min or until they begin to burst. Transfer this cranberry orange compote to a bowl and refrigerate for about 30 min.