Nutella Crepes with Fresh Strawberries is something that you can enjoy as both main course or as dinner.
Whether you fill this with a sweet or savory filling, these crepes are so delicious.
Crisp and buttery crepes with rich chocolaty Nutella filling on the inside, these crepes are super delicious.
And, you do not need a crepe maker to make them.
Why You'll Love these Crepes?
- No leavener: These crepes are just French Style Pancakes that don't need any leavening agent like Baking Soda or Baking Powder.
- Buttery Crispy Edges: You'll love these crepes because they are ultra-thin and are crispy and buttery on the outside.
- Versatility: You'll love them even more because they are so versatile. You can fill them with Nutella or Whipped cream or any meat or any sauce. You can fold them up in a triangle or you can roll them up as I did!
How to Make Nutella Crepes?
Make the Batter:
- The First step and most important Step of Making Crepe is making the batter.
- So the Crepe batter is made up of Melted Butter, Flour, Milk, Sugar, Water, Salt, Eggs, and Pure Vanilla Extract.
- I used my handheld mixer to make a smooth batter. It should be creamy and silky smooth.
- Next, keep it in a bowl and refrigerate for 30-minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- I always refrigerate my batter overnight and make a fresh batch in the morning.
Butter your Pan: Next butter your pan generously. This is super important. This step makes sure that your crepes come out easily.
Pour Batter & Twirl the Pan: Pour the batter in the center of the pan and swirl the pan so that the batter spreads evenly. Ideally, we need it to be perfectly circular. But, trust me, it's absolutely ok even if it's not.
Cook and Flip: Cook one side until it's not shiny anymore. Then flip it over and cook the other side.
Add the Filling: Finally, add the filling. You can either roll it as I did. Or else you can flip three sides to make it look sort of like a triangle.
Tips to Make the Best Nutella Crepe
- Refrigerate the Batter: If you are making crepes for the first time, you might think how important that can be. But, trust me refrigerating the dough is super important. Ideally, you should refrigerate this overnight. And, I did refrigerate my batter overnight. However, if you are in a hurry, you can refrigerate this for at least 30-minutes. Many people ask me, why do I need to refrigerate my batter? Well, there are two reasons for that. First: It relaxes the gluten helping our crepes become crispy and thin. Second: It gives time to the flour to absorb the batter completely. That way, we'll get tender crepes.
- You Don't Need a Crepe Maker: Ideally, people make crepe in a crepe maker, but you can easily make this on a Non-Stick Pan.
- Buttering after each Crepe: Make Sure you butter the pan after each crepe. That way, you'll be completely sure that your crepe would come off easily. Many people will ask you to apply butter just once and then make at least 5-6 crepes. But, I strongly disagree with them. Ideally, your crepe should have a crispy and buttery texture.
- Pour Batter at one place: Pour the batter at one place and then twirl the pan. This trick will help you get a perfectly round crepe.
How to Melt Nutella to Make Crepes?
I have two brilliant ways to melt Nutella. You can use any of the following methods:
- Butter Knife Method: Take a butter knife and a cup of hot water. Dip butter knife in hot water for at least a minute so that it gets hot. Now remove it from water and wipe it clean using a paper towel. Dip it in your Nutella jar and you'll be able to scoop it out easily. Now just spread it over your crepes. Easy right? Not easy? Well, see the next step.
- Hot Water Bath Method: Personally, this is my favorite way to melt Nutella. Boil a pot of water. Pour the water into a small bowl. Place your Nutella Jar in it and let it sit for at least 5-minutes. Speed up the process by stirring your Nutella with a spoon.
Can I make Nutella Crepes ahead of time?
Absolutely yes. You can make the crepe batter one day ahead or the night before and keep it in a bowl. Cover the bowl with a lid and refrigerate it overnight. But do not forget to cover the bowl tightly.
The next day you can make fresh crepes and serve them with your choice of filling.
These crepes are best enjoyed fresh. However, if you are lucky enough to save some then you can keep them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
How to Reheat these Crepes? To reheat these Nutella Crepes just place them in a 275F or 140C preheated oven for 10-minutes.
More easy Breakfast Recipes
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Classic Southern Blueberry Muffins
- Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole (SO CHEESY)!
- Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- Healthy Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes with Almond Flour
- Double Chocolate Pancakes with Strawberries
Other Toppings & Fillings for Nutella Crepes
- Nutella: Well Nutella is my #1 choice for filling crepes. Nutella is rich, dark chocolaty, and just so tasty. It is surely gonna be my best choice.
- Fresh Strawberries: As you can see I have used Fresh Strawberries to serve with my Nutella Crepes. Strawberry pairs beautifully with Nutella and it tastes so much better.
- Whipped Cream: Along with Nutella you can add some Whipped Cream. In fact, whipped cream is a pretty popular filling for crepes.
- Fresh Bananas: Bananas are so healthy. And especially if you are making these crepes for breakfast, make sure you fill them with fresh bananas. It's so healthy and delicious.
- Fresh Blueberries: Along with Strawberries and Bananas you can also top these crepes with some fresh blueberries.
- Chocolate Chips: Any chocolate filling works like a wonder for crepes. And, these Chocolate Chips so amazing. You can easily fill your crepes with semi-sweet chocolate chips or unsweetened chocolate chips and it would be such a great combination.
Other Nutella Desserts you can try:
- Traditional Chocolate Mousse
- Peanut Butter Nutella Hand Pies
- Super Fudgy Nutella Brownies
- Chewy Double Chocolate Nutella Cookies
- Eggless-Flourless Chocolate Fudge Cookies
If you are making Nutella Crepes then please leave a rating for the recipe below. Also, take a snap and share your Nutella Crepe image on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out for you.
Nutella Crepes with Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour 125g
- ¾ Cup Whole Milk
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoons Melted unsalted butter more to grease the pan
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Whole Eggs at room temperature
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Sliced Strawberries/Bananas OPTIONAL
- In a bowl combine cooled melted butter, flour, sugar, salt, vanilla, milk, and eggs. Use a handheld mixer or a blender to make a silky smooth batter. If using a handheld mixer then whisk at medium-high speed for 30-seconds or 45-seconds. Alternatively, you can use a food processor or a blender. Pour the mixture into a medium-sized bowl. Cover it tightly with a lid.Chill the batter in the refrigerator for at least 30-minutes. For best results refrigerate overnight and then make it the next day.
- Now heat an 8" Non-Stick pan or a 12" Non-Stick pan over medium-high heat and grease it with butter. Pour ¼ Cup or 3-4 tablespoons of batter into the center of the pan. Immediately swirl the pan in a circular motion so that the mixture spreads around the pan and forms a circular shape.
- Cook this side on medium-low heat until you see small golden-brown patches or until it is not shiny enough. Now flip over using an offset spatula and cook the other side. Cook until you see golden brown patches on the other side as well. This takes at least 2-minutes. Once done, stack it on a plate lined with parchment paper. If you want you can keep a square parchment paper between each layer. Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- Melt Nutella and spread it on your fresh crepes. Roll them up as I did or fold them from three sides to form a triangle. Serve them with freshly sliced bananas and strawberries if desired.
Ask Me Anything