More Vegan Fettuccine Recipes
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Cashews & Cauliflower
- Vegan White Bean Alfredo
- Butternut Squash Fettuccine Alfredo
- You will love this because:
- 🍲Ingredients Needed to make Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
- 🥘How to Make Mushroom Fettuccine Without Cream?
- STEP 1: Sauté Mushrooms and Garlic
- STEP 2: Add Milk and Remaining Butter
- STEP 3: Cook Fettuccine
- 📖Other Possible Variations of this recipe:
- 🎩Tips to Make the Best Mushroom Fettuccine
- Other recipes you will like:
- My Favorite Mushroom Recipes
- Recipe Card
- Mushroom Fettuccine (No Cream) Recipe
The result is something absolutely lip-smacking.
The creaminess of this recipe, the kick of garlic, the caramelized Mushrooms, and of course grated Parmesan makes this one of THE best recipes ever.
You will love this because:
- It's So Easy - One of the best things about this recipe is that it is easy. Not just easy, it is so damn easy!
- Needs just 5-Ingredients - I love the fact that this recipe requires just 5 basic ingredients which most of us have at home at all point in time.
- Creamy Sauce - You are definitely gonna be a fan of the creamy Alfredo Sauce. And, in fact, your family is gonna fall for it too. I mean it and I can feel it.
- Caramelized Mushrooms - I am sure the caramelized onions tossed in butter will be the best thing that you like about this recipe. So good right? Talking about this have you tried this - Mushroom Pizza and this Garlic Parm Mushroom
🍲Ingredients Needed to make Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
To make this recipe, you need just 5 basic Ingredients. And, I am so sure that you have all of them at your disposal.
- Mushrooms 🍄 - I have used basic white mushrooms for this recipe. Make sure that they are fresh.
- Butter 🧈- Just some salted butter to saute our mushrooms and garlic.
- Garlic 🧄- Fettuccine Alfredo requires some garlic to bring in a little kick in all that creaminess.
- Milk 🥛 - I have used Whole Milk for this recipe. You can also use 1%/ 2%/ Soy Milk/Almond Milk.
- Fettuccine 🍜- Fettuccine should be cooked as per package directions.
- Grated Parmesan 🧀- Some grated parmesan is needed to bring in a little cheesiness to our recipe.
🥘How to Make Mushroom Fettuccine Without Cream?
STEP 1: Sauté Mushrooms and Garlic
The first step of the recipe is sautéing Mushrooms. So, for that add some butter into a pan. As soon as the Butter melts, add sliced White Mushrooms. Sauté them until caramelized. This takes around 10-15 minutes. Let the Mushrooms soak in all the goodness of the butter and get beautifully caramelized.
Add minced Garlic and Sauté them for another 1-2 minutes.
STEP 2: Add Milk and Remaining Butter
Now add some milk and remaining butter. Allow it to simmer over medium-low heat. In this recipe, I am using Whole Milk. But, I have tested this with 1%, 2%, Soy Milk, and Almond Milk. It tastes just as good. However, when you make it with whole milk it is way creamier.
STEP 3: Cook Fettuccine
Now add fettuccine into the pan with Mushroom sauce. Use a pair of tongs to mix well.
Finally pour reserved pasta water (only as much as you need to get the consistency right). Season with Salt and Pepper.Take it off the heat and add some Freshly Grated Parmesan.
And, lastly, Season this with Salt and Pepper and Serve right away.
Some of my favorite Mushroom recipes:
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms - excellent side for Thanksgiving 🍁🍂
- Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms - Another super-awesome side for the Holidays.🎄
- Mushroom Stuffing - Hearty and Cozy Vegetarian Stuffing for Turkey 🦃
📖Other Possible Variations of this recipe:
- Instead of White Mushrooms, you can use any other variety of Mushrooms you like.
- Instead of Whole Milk, you can also use some heavy cream to give this recipe a creamy touch.
- You can also replace minced garlic with garlic powder.
🎩Tips to Make the Best Mushroom Fettuccine
- Do not hurry while caramelizing Mushrooms. This is the most important thing that you should keep in mind. Allow the Mushrooms to get cooked completely before rushing onto the next step.
- Make sure you do not cook garlic for long because it will burn in an instant. So just stir for 30-seconds.
- Do not throw away all the pasta water. Neither add all of the reserved water into the pot. Just add as much as you need.
- Add Parmesan Cheese after taking it off the heat.
Other recipes you will like:
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Broccoli Mac and Cheese
- White Chicken Skillet Lasagna
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken Alfredo
If you are making this recipe then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
My Favorite Mushroom Recipes
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms - so creamy!
- Mushroom Casserole - Loaded with cheese 🧀
- Mushroom Garlic Risotto - So Italian 🇮🇹
- Creamy Coconut Mushroom Curry - so Indian 🇮🇳
Mushroom Fettuccine (No Cream) Recipe
- ½ Cup Salted Butter divided
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 16 Ounces White Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Cup Whole Milk you can also use 1% or 2% or Soy Milk or Almond Milk
- 1 Pound Fettuccine
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 Cup Reserved Pasta Water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley or Basil for Garnish (OPTIONAL)
- Sauté Garlic and Mushrooms: Heat a skillet with some butter. As the butter melts add sliced White Mushrooms. Cook until caramelized. This takes approximately 10-minutes on medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for additional 2-minutes.
- Add Milk and remaining Butter: Now, add milk and remaining Butter. Stir well to combine. Allow it to simmer over medium-low heat.
- Cook Fettuccine: Cook the Fettuccine as per package directions. Reserve some of the water and drain the rest.
- Combine Fettuccine and Mushroom Sauce: Now add fettuccine into the pan with Mushroom sauce. Use a pair of tongs to mix well.
- Add Reserved Pasta water and Parmesan: Finally pour reserved pasta water (only as much as you need to get the consistency right). Season with Salt and Pepper.Take it off the heat and add some Freshly Grated Parmesan. Mix well and serve right away.