Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is a satisfying, healthy, low carb dinner recipe that the family will love.
My Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix makes this taste all the more amazing. Topped with crispy baked bacon this easy chicken casserole has every reason to be listed in your favorite comforting casserole recipes for dinner.
Also try this readers favorite Ranch Cheddar Chicken Bake (So Cheesy)
💭 Why You'll Love This?
- There is every reason to like this casserole with chicken and broccoli. Ranch, Chicken, Broccoli Florets, Bacon, and so much cheese.
- Ranch Seasoning is what makes this worthwhile.
- Oozy, Creamy, Cheesy Casserole is just what you need after a long day.
- 💭 Why You'll Love This?
- 🥘 Ingredient Notes
- 🔪 How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 🥗 Substitutions
- 📖 Easy Variations
- How to Make this Casserole Ahead of time?
- Do I need to thaw prior to baking?
- Top tips to make the Best Casserole
- More easy Keto Casserole recipes for Dinner
- 📋 Recipe for Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- To do:
🥘 Ingredient Notes
- Chicken Breasts - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts works best for this recipe. Soaking in all the juicy sauce and the goodness of ranch.
- Broccoli - Steamed Broccoli Florets acts as a healthy, keto-friendly base for this casserole dinner.
- Olive Oil - We'll need olive oil to cook chicken breasts in the skillet before transferring them to the oven.
- Dried Chives - For a fresh herby taste, I like to use some store-bought dried chives.
- Onion Powder - We'll add onion powder to get a whole-some and a well-rounded taste in our keto casserole with chicken and broccoli.
- Garlic Powder - You could substitute this with freshly minced garlic cloves. But, I think garlic powder saves so much time.
- Salt - as per taste
- freshly ground black pepper - as per taste
- Ranch Dressing - The secret ingredient. The flavor Bomb. The One Man Show of this recipe. Homemade ranch is simply the BEST.
- Heavy Cream or low fat half and half - I wouldn't recommend replacing this with almond milk since its thinner in texture.
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded) - Fresh shredded sharp cheddar cheese is what you'll love when you have this baked chicken casserole recipe.
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded) - We love Mozzarella Cheese for that mile-long cheese pulls. In our home, when we are making a casserole recipe for dinner, we cannot think about it without mozzarella.
- Parmesan Cheese (shredded) - I like to add some shredded Parmesan cheese for that sweet and slightly nutty flavor which you get in the end.
- Serrano pepper or jalapenos - When I was testing this recipe, I found the flavors were creamy, cheesy and sort of sweet. So, just to balance out the flavors, I preferred adding some chopped Serrano Peppers. You can replace this with chopped Jalapenos.
- Bacon cooked and crumbled - The final ingredient. But, the most important ingredient for this casserole recipe, in terms of taste.
See recipe card for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
This is a step by step clear explanation for chicken bacon ranch casserole recipe. See the recipe card for more details.
STEP 1: Steam Broccoli Florets in a bowl for 2-3 minutes. You can do it on stove top or in your oven at full powder. Immediately drain and rinse well. Keep aside.
STEP 2: Combine chicken breasts with dried chives, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Toss well to coat evenly.
STEP 3: Cook Chicken in a skillet with some olive oil. Cook until completely cooked through.
STEP 5: In the same pan, add heavy cream, cream cheese, and ranch dressing. Cook on Medium-Low heat until the mixture thickens.
STEP 7: Pour this thickened sauce over broccoli and chicken.
STEP 9: Bake in a PREHEATED OVEN at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.
STEP 4: Place Broccoli florets in a greased 9x9 inch casserole dish. Add cooked chicken and mix well.
STEP 6: Add Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese in the pan. Mix well.
STEP 8: Toss with cooked and crumbled bacon and Parmesan.
STEP 10: Allow the casserole to rest for 5-minutes before serving.
- While making the creamy sauce, I have left out salt and pepper since ranch seasoning or dressing has added salt in it.
- Although, if you still feel you need more salt you can add it as per your taste.
- Spinach - In case you don't have broccoli or you don't want to use broccoli you can substitute it with freshly or frozen baby spinach.
- Pepper-jack Cheese - For additional flavors you can substitute cheddar and mozzarella cheese with shredded Pepper-jack cheese.
- Cauliflower - If you want you can replace broccoli florets with cauliflower florets. Check out Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole and Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole for more inspo.
- Grinded Spicy Pork rinds - You can substitute crumbled bacon with grinded spicy pork rinds.
📖 Easy Variations
- Rice - If you want to make this an easy rice casserole you can add some cooked rice as well while layering the broccoli and chicken.
- Pasta - You can turn this into a pasta bake by adding a pasta of your choice.
How to Make this Casserole Ahead of time?
Yes. As mentioned in the title of this recipe you can make your chicken bacon ranch casserole ahead of time.
All you have to do is:
- Prepare as per the directions until the point of baking.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and an aluminum foil.
- Transfer to the freezer.
- When ready to bake, transfer to the fridge one day before baking.
- Bake for few minutes longer.
Do I need to thaw prior to baking?
Yes you do need to thaw your unbaked Chicken Bacon and Ranch Casserole one day prior to baking.
Have got some leftovers? Store it for the next day or day after using these easy techniques.
- Transfer to any air-tight container.
- Store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- If you want to store in the freezer, then double wrap with a plastic wrap and an aluminum foil. This will help you save your chicken and broccoli casserole from freezer burns.
- BUT, BUT, BUT make sure your casserole cools down completely before transferring it to the fridge or freezer.
Top tips to make the Best Casserole
- Feel free to add in more veggies like corn or green peas for more flavor.
- There is no need to cover your baking dish with an aluminum foil while baking.
- If you plan to use rotisserie chicken make sure you don't add any additional seasonings.
- You can replace Heavy cream with Half and Half
- Ideally Chicken Breast is your best choice of Chicken for this. However, you can use boneless Chicken Thighs as well.
- You can add cooked rice to this as well to make it even more hearty and comforting.
More easy Keto Casserole recipes for Dinner
- Baked Zucchini Casserole (KETO)
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole - Keto / Low Carb
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet Casserole - Low Carb / Keto
- Keto Chicken Alfredo Bake
- Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole
- Low Carb Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Easy Summer Squash Casserole
- Broccoli Rice Casserole
📋 Recipe for Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 1 cup broccoli cut into florets
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt or as per taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or as per taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- ¼ cup heavy cream or low fat half and half
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Serrano pepper or jalapenõs
- 4 slices Bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 °F
- Place Broccoli florets in a bowl. Pour water. Boil Broccoli florets for 2-3 minutes on the stove top or microwave in full power. Immediately rinse in cold water and drain.
- Place broccoli florets in the bottom of a well-greased 9x9 inch casserole dish.
- Combine boneless skinless chicken breasts with dried chives, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add chicken pieces once the skillet gets hot. Sauté until completely cooked.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and transfer to the baking dish with broccoli florets. Toss well to combine.
- In the same skillet reduce the heat and pour heavy cream, ranch dressing, and cream cheese. Use a whisk to scrape the bottom of the pan. Make sure there are no brown bits left on bottom of the pan.
- Cook heavy cream, ranch, and cream cheese for few minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Add ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese and ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese to the skillet. I prefer to skip salt and pepper since ranch seasoning has added salt in it. But, if you want you can add salt and pepper.
- Pour this thickened sauce over broccoli and chicken. Toss well to combine.
- Toss with crumbled bacon and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Allow to stand for 5-6 minutes before serving.
Before publishing, complete this checklist, deleting the list items as you complete them:
- All images have alt tags
- Content is on-topic (minimal or no personal stories)
- You've manually linked to related posts in the content (try to do this naturally, not as a separate list of links)
- Yoast meta description filled out (best practice)
- Featured image has been set (1200x1200, JPG)
- Hidden pin has been set
- Check your recipe schema has been fully filled out at https://search.google.com/test/rich-results (after publishing)
- Check https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ to make sure this recipe has enough content above-the-fold to cause images to lazyload (after publishing)
- Clarify any intermediate or advanced cooking techniques - not everybody has your experience and knows how to mash garlic, mince onions, or dice potatoes
Gosh this was beyond good!! So cheesy and full of flavours!! The best thing is it’s so comforting