Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken is an easy and super delicious recipe perfect for busy weeknight dinners. The Chicken cooks up perfectly while being juicy on the inside and nice, crispy, and golden brown on the outside.
This recipe for Garlic Lemon Chicken Roast is my go-to sheet pan dinner recipe, especially when I'm too tired to cook but I need to fix myself a healthy and low carb dinner.
The Chicken soaks up the flavors of roasted lemon and garlic and that just makes them extra delicious.
To enhance the flavors of this Lemon Garlic Chicken, I use lots of fresh and dried herbs like chopped Parsley and loads of Italian Seasoning.
The burst of Lemon and Garlic and fresh herbs make the Chicken taste extra good and super delicious.
The magic lies in the Herb Lemon Garlic Chicken Marinade
This Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe is something I'm obsessed with right now. The bright sunny days are here, and Spring has Sprung in this part of the world.
This just feels like the perfect time to make this juicy and moist Lemon Garlic Chicken.
When it's Spring, I love to use lots of fresh herbs in my cooking and of course Spring recipes are incomplete without that burst of lemon in every bite! Super refreshing and so Delicious.
Also try these favorite Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipes
Ingredients needed to make Lemon Garlic Chicken Roast Recipe
This Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe is very simple and very basic pantry staple ingredients are required to make this.
- Boneless Chicken Breast - you can use boneless Chicken thighs as well. Remember to cut the Chicken pieces to about 2 inches so they cook evenly and quickly.
- Italian Seasoning - I use dried Italian seasoning. If you don't have this you can replace it with any dried or fresh herbs you have at home. The only use of this is to incorporate as much freshness into the dish as possible.
- Garlic - I use lots of garlic for this recipe. Along with minced garlic I also use whole cloves of garlic which gets roasted in the oven and adds to the flavor of this Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - I use extra virgin olive oil to make this recipe.
- Green Olives - this is my personal favorite. I love to use whole green olives and just toss them along with the chicken. When they get roasted, they turn beautifully brown, and there is a nice crust to its texture.
- Apple Cider Vinegar & Lemon Juice - I use both these acidic agents as they cook the chicken really perfect and also adds to the flavor of the lemon chicken marinade.
- Red Pepper Flakes - I use only a pinch of red pepper flakes as it just adds to the bust of spice to the lemon garlic sauce.
- Salt & Pepper - to season.
- Freshly chopped Parsley - to garnish
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
How do you make Lemon Garlic Chicken
The Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe in a sheet pan is pretty simple and straightforward.
All you are doing is seasoning the Chicken with the Lemon Chicken Marinade loaded with lots of garlic and herbs and baking it until it gets cooked.
Preheat the oven to 420F or 220C. Combine Chicken with all the ingredients
Place them in a sheet pan. Cook for 20 min. And then broil for 5 min to get the perfect color over the chicken.
Drizzle olive oil over the cooked chicken along with freshly chopped Parsley and more Lemon juice.
Remember to not overcook the chicken, or it might get dry. If you feel the chicken is getting dry, then you can add some chicken broth to the marinade and then cook the chicken.
Hint: to get the perfect brown color over your chicken, put them in broil mode for 2-3 min or until you get the perfect crispy texture and brownish color over the chicken.
Can I store leftover Garlic Lemon Chicken
Store leftover Lemon Garlic Chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can store this for upto 2 weeks.
You can even freeze this. Transfer cooked Lemon Garlic Chicken in a resealable plastic ziplock bag and freeze for upto three months.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or skillet with a cup of Chicken broth.
What does putting Lemon on Chicken do?
Lemon helps tenderize the Chicken and also helps it cook faster. The citric acid in Lemon juice helps break down the protein in chicken and cook it faster. However, you do not want to store it for long uncooked, or else the chicken will get too mushy or chewy upon cooking.
How to marinate Chicken with garlic and Lemon?
Combine Olive Oil with Italian seasoning, minced garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest, and then marinate the chicken.
Is it OK to marinate Chicken in Lemon Juice?
Yes absolutely! In fact marinating chicken with lemon juice adds to the flavor and juicy taste of chicken.
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Lemon Garlic Chicken
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Roast in Sheet Pan
- 1 lbs Chicken Breast boneless, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 8 cloves garlic 6 cloves minced and two whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Green Olives canned
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- salt & pepper to season (as per taste)
- freshly chopped Parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 420F or 220C
- Combine Chicken with all the ingredients - Italian Seasoning, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Green Olives, Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon Juice, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Transfer to a sheet pan. Also add 2-3 lemon wedges and whole cloves of garlic to the sheet pan.
- Roast the chicken for 20 min. Toss midway after 10 min. After that, put the oven to broil mode and cook the chicken for another 2-3 minutes or until you get a perfect golden brown color over the chicken.
- Get the sheet pan out of the oven. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top, followed by freshly chopped Parsley and Lemon Juice. Serve hot!