Hot Honey Chicken Salad 🥗 is a healthy, low carb, filling and soulfully satisfying Chicken Salad which takes not more than 30 minutes ⏳ to prepare and serve from scratch. Make sure you try Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Salad and Strawberry Chicken Salad as well.
Just like other chicken salads, this Honey Hot Chicken Salad pairs so well with Cauliflower Tater Tots or Zucchini Carrots Tater Tots or Southern Fried Okra or Fried Green Beans or Crispy Mashed Potato Balls
I personally love this salad and to make it even healthier I use raw honey🍯 which is full of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Honey Hot Chicken Salad 🥗
I am very good at making salads. People from all over the world have given me countless 5 star ⭐️ ratings for so many of my salads. Particularly - Tuna Pasta Salad, Keto Broccoli Salad, Strawberry Salad, Apple Orange Salad, and Blueberry Spinach Salad.
This Hot Honey Chicken Salad Recipe is full of healthy dietary fiber, lean protein, and healthy carbs that keeps you stay fresh and rejuvenating all day long.
Ingredients to make Hot Honey Chicken Salad 🥬
To Cook Chicken breasts
- lean chicken breast
- Salt and Pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- chopped lettuce
- red onions
- red and yellow bell peppers
Ingredients to make Hot Honey Salad Dressing
- Raw Honey
- Hot Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- soy sauce
How to Make Hot Honey Chicken Salad ⏲️
- STEP 1: Cook Chicken Breasts
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
Place Chicken Breast in a plastic resealable bag with Salt, Pepper, Smoked paprika, and olive Oil. Seal the top. Shake well. Transfer to an oven safe dish.
Bake for 20-minutes, flipping at 10-minute mark (optional).
HINT: I like to cover the baking dish with an aluminium foil since it prevents the chicken breasts from going dry.
- STEP 2: Make Honey Garlic Dressing
In a glass Mason Jar combine honey, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and low sodium soy sauce. Close the lid. Shake vigorously. Keep aside.
- STEP 3: Prepare the Veggies
Thoroughly wash and chop lettuce along with bell peppers, cucumbers, and red onions. Transfer to a salad bowl.
- STEP 4: Pour the dressing and mix well
Cut the chicken breast lengthwise or in cubes (as per your choice). Place it on the veggies. Pour the dressing. Toss well. Serve.
How to Make Honey Sesame Chicken Salad 👩🍳
This is one of the best ways to serve this salad. Once you've assembled everything in the salad bowl, just top with white sesame seeds. And you have the best ever Honey Sesame Chicken Salad.
Variations for Chicken Salad with Honey 🍴
- Honey Mustard Dressing - Replace the Hot Honey Dressing with my homemade Honey Mustard dressing and make the best chicken salad recipe with honey mustard.
- Maple Syrup - Instead of Honey you can use Maple Syrup to make the dressing.
- Choice of veggies - With Salads, play around with your fantasies. Use as many veggies as you want. Suggestions - Zucchini, Butternut Squash, cherry tomatoes, Avocados, etcetra.
- Corn - Packaged sweet corn could be a good addition to this Hot Honey Chicken Salad.
If you are on a diet and are thinking about making this Chicken Salad recipe ahead of time, then we are on the same page.
This is how I do it:
- Double or triple the salad if you need to serve more people.
- Chop the veggies and cook the chicken.
- Chop the chicken and place it over veggies.
- Wrap it with a plastic wrap. Double wrap with an aluminium foil.
- This chicken hot honey salad will stay fresh in the fridge for three to four days.
Serving Suggestions 🤩
- Wraps 🌯- Instead of chopping the lettuce you can make the salad with other ingredients and serve it in the form of lettuce wraps. Check out Quinoa Lettuce Wraps or Salmon Lettuce Wraps or Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wraps for more inspo.
- Sandwich 🥪- You can serve it between breads or a hoagie roll in the form of a sandwich.🌭
Related Salads you can try
What To Serve with Honey Chicken Salad
Hot Honey Chicken Salad
- 1 lbs chicken breast must be about 1-½ inch thick, pat dry
To Cook Chicken Breast
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper as per taste
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Veggies for the Salad
- ½ head lettuce washed and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup red and yellow bell peppers diced
Hot Honey Dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or 3 medium garlic (pressed)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or use tamari for a gluten-free version
COOK CHICKEN BREASTS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Make sure the chicken breast is about 1-½ inch thick from all sides. Or else, use a meat mallet to even the thickness.
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic resealable bag with extra virgin olive oil, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Seal the top. Shake vigorously. Transfer to a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 400F for 20-minutes. Flip at 10-minute mark (optional).
Make Hot Honey Dressing
- In a glass mason jar combine the ingredients for hot honey dressing. Close the lid. Shake vigorously. Keep aside.
Prepare the Veggies for the Salad
- Thoroughly wash the veggies and chop the lettuce. Thinly slice the red onions. Dice the bell peppers and cucumber.
- Transfer to a salad bowl.
Assemble the salad
- Cut cooked chicken breast lengthwise or cut it in cubes (as per your choice). Transfer them over the veggies.
- Pour the dressing and toss well. Serve.
Ask Me Anything