Easter Egg Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting - Make a batch of Moist Chocolate cupcakes and with chocolate cream cheese frosting. Then just top them off with those adorable mini Cadbury colorful Easter eggs. 🥚
These Mini Egg Easter Cupcakes is one of the easiest and most delicious Easter treats that you can make in less than 30-minutes.
Sweet mini treats that look great on the table
This recipe for mini egg cupcakes is the perfect Easter dessert for the whole family.
In fact, if you happen to have lots of Cadbury Mini Eggs after Easter, you can easily use them to make these cupcakes. I think it's a delicious way to use up your eggs after Easter!
Easter Mini Egg Cupcakes
Looking for Easy Easter Cupcake Ideas? Start with these super-tasty Chocolate Easter Cupcakes.
Made with Mini Easter Eggs these Chocolate Easter Cupcakes are perfect for kids and adults.
I love the chocolate cream cheese frosting on top. It makes it so worthwhile.
The trick is to make a super-moist and fluffy chocolate cupcake and a killer chocolate cream cheese frosting.
The best part about these cupcakes is the moist and fluffy texture of the cupcakes.
If you love these cute Easter cupcakes these you might also like:
Easter Creme Egg Cupcakes
Call it Mini Eggs or Creme Eggs these are the cupcakes that brings life into your Easter Party Menu.
Now instead of Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting you can also use Buttercream Frosting. You can either make vanilla buttercream or chocolate buttercream frosting.
Ingredients for Mini Egg Cupcakes
Ingredients for Cadbury Mini Egg Cupcakes
- packed light brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- pure vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
Ingredients for Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- unsalted butter
- cream cheese
- cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make Easter Egg Cupcakes
- STEP 1: Combine Wet Ingredients in a bowl
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine brown sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and Pure Vanilla Extract. Mix well until you don't see the yellow parts of the eggs.
- STEP 2: Combine Dry Ingredients with Wet Ingredients
In the same bowl combine all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold it in.
- STEP 3: Bake
Prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners. Use a cookie scooper to scoop out some of the cupcake batter and pour it into the muffin tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 15-minutes or until perfectly baked.
- STEP 4: Make Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
It's all pretty simple. Just follow this Cream Cheese Frosting recipe as is just add some cocoa powder. Voila! You have your Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. Transfer it to a piping bag with a nozzle of your choice. Snip the edge and pipe the frosting on the cupcakes. Not in a usual way where we pipe all the way up to the top.
Pipe around the edges keeping the center free.
- STEP 5: Add Cadbury Easter eggs and Green Sprinkles
Top It off with green sprinkles and Mini Cadbury Easter eggs.
Make these Ahead of time 🕰
You can make these Easter Mini Egg Cupcakes ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator overnight.
Next morning you can thaw them out on the counter for sometime.
Top it off with Mini Eggs and serve them to your guests right away.
Top Tips to Make Easter cupcakes with mini eggs
- Use Oil (Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil) to make these Mini Eggs Cupcakes.
- You can make the cupcakes ahead of time and just decorate with cadbury mini eggs and brighten up your Easter Menu.
- While frosting make sure you keep some gap in the center so that you can place the easter eggs.
My favorite Easter Desserts
Mini Egg Easter Cupcakes
- 100 grams packed light brown sugar
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 95 grams all purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 100 ml buttermilk at room temperature
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar see notes
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees and line a 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners or parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine brown sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. Whisk until you don't see the yellow parts of egg.
- Add in All Purpose Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and a pinch of salt. Fold it in.
- Stir in Pure Vanilla Extract and Buttermilk. Stir lightly until just combined. Your batter should be thin.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop out some of the cupcake batter. Place them in the muffin tin lined with parchment paper. Fill only up to the ¾ th portion.
- Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Make Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting. In a bowl combine softened unsalted butter with softened cream cheese, vanilla extract, pinch of salt, powdered sugar, and natural cocoa powder. Make sure you scrape the bottom and sides so that you incorporate all the ingredients in the bowl.
- Transfer the chocolate cream cheese frosting to a piping bag. Use a nozzle of your choice. Snip the edge and pipe them on the cupcakes.
- Decorate the top with green sprinkles and top them with Cadbury Easter eggs.